It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing cloud roll captured on camera

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Beautiful! Nature's artwork. I've never seen one of these. Thanks for sharing it with us ;o)

You might want to alert OZ and see if he wants to add the photo to his thread of atmospheric optics and other phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
These also occur in northern Australia in a place called the Gulf of Carpentaria. They're known as morning glories there

upload.wikimedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Aquarius1

Twice you say ? Very cool ! I can only imagine what it must have been like to see such a thing live and in person

lol it would be like it is in the picture...its just a cloud...it desnt do anything and you cant do anything with it. nice image...cool because of rarity

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Spectacular, isn't it!?!?!!??!

Although not common, I live on the Lake Erie coast and have had the pleasure of seeing this phenomenon a few times as the cold fronts move down from Canada across a very shallow and very warm Lake Erie. This is perhaps the best photo I have ever seen of this. Although, witnessing it in person is much more majestic as the cloud simply vanishes from horizon to horizon. At times this phenomenon is accompanies by water spouts out on the lake - Now THAT is truly a sight to see!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Looks like a vortex intentionally created to blanket a cigar craft.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing the pic!
Nature is truly amazing!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
NIceee!! I actually have a roll cloud on my phone video as well from last Aug09. Ill try to upload them for you guys but yes this one i got on video was dark and did stretched from one end all the way to the other.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Wasn't this picture taken in Australia somewhere? How weird is this, I deleted the link to that web page about 1 month ago. I think I got the link from Ozweatherman?

These clouds look awesome.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 8-1-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

TortoiseKweek,

We must have been reading the same thread back then because i saved that picture. I believe it was indeed made in Australia and i do believe Oz knew more about it....

On to the fragile earth forum with this thread!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What? What is this?
No one sees a Russian Missle?
Whew! Me neether.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You almost always see the most beautiful skies right after stormy weather OR right before a Cold/Heat wave..

About 3 years ago it had rained for 3 straight days(I live in Tampa FL) and it was finally clearing up.. The sun was starting to go down and the sky was PURE Orange with Pillowy clouds, almost like pillows in the sky.. It's times like that in which I had carried a camera on me at all times...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Simple beautiful!

And Awesome!

Thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I've seen a wall cloud similar to this during a heavy rain storm, it looked quite bizarre, it may very well have been a roll cloud, it looked very similar.

It looked quite similar to this.

Definitly an awesome sight.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Amazing is that this is the first cloud related thread where the OP explains the phenomena as it is, a naturally ocurring cloud, rather than blaming aliens or HAARP etc.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The picture really does show the wonder of nature. I too have seen these cloud waves here in the thumb of Michigan usually just before a storm on a hot day. They are most often coming in from the east - off the lake. I just sit and enjoy the beauty of nature.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

IF you could upload the vid that would be great !!

I will be keeping my eyes and video phone open in the event I ever get the chance to see something like this live and in person .

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

do you mean tidal wave?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I've never seen anything like that.
Pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Max_TO

If you thought one was beautiful, how about a couple?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e978fb2aed297468.jpg[/atsimg]

Are these actually roll clouds? Don't know.

Peace

[edit on 8/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

Desert racing with bad piston rings.
Great photo.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

And you know what. You did. Tell you somthing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join