It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Current mainstream theories and Events fact while non-mainstream Theories and events fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
why people thinks War on Terrorism, Global Warming, Theory of Evolution, Capitalism, Globalization, Global Financial Crisis, and 2009 Swine Flu Pandemic are Fact and Gods and Spirits, Aliens and UFOs, Cryptids, Intelligent Design, Conspiracy Theories, Secret societies, Mythologies, Advanced "Sci-fi" Technologies, High Tech ancient Civilizations, and just Anything that Paranormal and Supernatural are Fiction?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Because of perception.

If you are asking why.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Ask owners of mainstream media. In mean time you can develop your notion of term "fact".
I'm agnostic but God exist for me. In special way, probably much different from yours, but exist. Intelligent design exist same way as evolution and God - all of this are just human views of complex reality. The Truth is in Gods possession, people can just lean to it.
Why I'm writing this? Because your question is not well formulated. You do not say it but you are Christian, probably some evangelical denomination. It is only one notion of God and there are many others. Many of them do not need such BS as intelligent design to cope with science. Hey! Wake up! Even Vatican say evolution (as general mechanism) is scientific fact. But science is in perpetual development - as opposed by religious systems.
One question: Why is intelligent design mainstream idea ONLY in USA? Get rid of your TV preachers and megachurches, then you maybe find way (Christian, Muslim, Budhist, ... as you wish) to real spirituality.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Because of perception.

If you are asking why.

that perception is homogenized by media Globalization

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zeddissad

I do not know of anyplace where ID is considered mainstream.

Your saying that in the US it is. Not so.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Any form of religious, Spiritual, Supernatural, and more extreme sciences is rejected from Mainstream just because science is controlled by profit hungry Giant Corporations

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Any form of religious, Spiritual, Supernatural, and more extreme sciences is rejected from Mainstream just because science is controlled by profit hungry Giant Corporations

Corporations are bad and ugly. But they do not control scientific method per se nor theology as scientific discipline (as special branch of logic). Problem is that you can not apply scientific method to most of "religious, Spiritual, Supernatural" ... phenomena. Scientific method is not the right tool to grasp such things.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

I missed something probably. There is 70% of US citizens who claim to be Christians. It is much more then in Europe, it is probably more then at Sicily. Ok, most of them are "Christians" because society around them want them to be "Christians". And same society is pressing ID. There is no other western society, where ID is pushed into elementary schools. In Czech Rep. is ID just funny thing and even most religious people do not want it to be learned at public schools.
To be clear. ID is very nice hypothesis for me. But I really do not like that biblical quack around. I can think that evolution was designed by some other intelligence, by Creator. OK, no problem with it. I can not prove it nor refute it (that is why I'm agnostic). But if there is some designer, he is much more clever then we are, our limited brains can not grasp World. So talk about designer is (and must be) pure SPECULATION.
On other side I can see proof of evolution based on scientific method. With small organisms (viri, bacteria, even insect) you can simulate evolution in laboratory. I can touch evolution but I can not touch Creator by scientific method. ID is nice metaphysical idea but have nothing to do with science. Even "official" or academic theology do not want to have anything with ID.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad

Originally posted by masonicon

Corporations are bad and ugly. But they do not control scientific method per se nor theology as scientific discipline (as special branch of logic). Problem is that you can not apply scientific method to most of "religious, Spiritual, Supernatural" ... phenomena. Scientific method is not the right tool to grasp such things.

Why we can't apply scientific method on "religious, Spiritual, Supernatural" phenomena?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
For the same reason we couldnt apply scientific method to xrays or radio waves 200 years ago. We lack the technology and the equipment sensitive enough to measure them. Just as when those scientists went to study John Chang, the magus of java, he could shock them with his chi, and light an LED with his hands, but they were trying to measure it with an electrometer. He pointed out, "its chi, not electricity", but they as yet have no chi-meters, and so while they could experience its effects, they had no equipment to measure it by.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
By the way, if you get a chance, youtube john chang and watch the video.... its incredible. Sets paper on fire with his chi, catches a fired pellet with his hand, no damage, shocks people....awesome.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
For the same reason we couldnt apply scientific method to xrays or radio waves 200 years ago. We lack the technology and the equipment sensitive enough to measure them. Just as when those scientists went to study John Chang, the magus of java, he could shock them with his chi, and light an LED with his hands, but they were trying to measure it with an electrometer. He pointed out, "its chi, not electricity", but they as yet have no chi-meters, and so while they could experience its effects, they had no equipment to measure it by.

Technologies and equipments that sensitive enough to measure them are suppressed by TPTB

[edit on 7-1-2010 by masonicon]

[edit on 7-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hmm...do you have any resources to back up that claim? As far as i have read (pretty extensively) I have found little research done into metaphysical energy reading machines. Interesting idea!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Perhaps because the former are for the most part highly educated and credible observers while the latter tend to be gullible uneducated under achievers and borderline psychos.

To me this is like asking "Why is the sober minded person credible but the deranged drug addict who swears he saw fairies wearing boots dancing with dwarfs is looked upon as a burned-out bugger?" Why you couldn't find the answer yourself? Now there is a good question.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Perhaps because the former are for the most part highly educated and credible observers while the latter tend to be gullible uneducated under achievers and borderline psychos.

To me this is like asking "Why is the sober minded person credible but the deranged drug addict who swears he saw fairies wearing boots dancing with dwarfs is looked upon as a burned-out bugger?" Why you couldn't find the answer yourself? Now there is a good question.

This is Happen because Profit Hungry Giant Corporations has Rule the world Over Everyone Else.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wrote this a while ago on another forum about Mainstream science vs fringe-sciences (think noetics (not that dean radin BS)or reasearch on people who can use "chi")

It doesn't matter how rational or well thought out your arguments are, they refuse to even consider taking you seriously because you are attempting to challenge what they perceive to be the status-quo. Or what we could call a Personal Status-quo. I've spent enough time debating theists, atheists, scientists and artists to see how people pull this BS off and i can tell you for a fact that all people are weak on the defense of certain issues, and as such they are terrified of questioning anything that they have dedicated a significant amount of their life too. Whether it is politics, science, religions even music tastes, people refuse to challenge their perceived and personal status quo for fear of looking like a hypocrite as well as admonishment from their peers.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
I wrote this a while ago on another forum about Mainstream science vs fringe-sciences (think noetics (not that dean radin BS)or reasearch on people who can use "chi")

It doesn't matter how rational or well thought out your arguments are, they refuse to even consider taking you seriously because you are attempting to challenge what they perceive to be the status-quo. Or what we could call a Personal Status-quo. I've spent enough time debating theists, atheists, scientists and artists to see how people pull this BS off and i can tell you for a fact that all people are weak on the defense of certain issues, and as such they are terrified of questioning anything that they have dedicated a significant amount of their life too. Whether it is politics, science, religions even music tastes, people refuse to challenge their perceived and personal status quo for fear of looking like a hypocrite as well as admonishment from their peers.

Mainstream science is Mostly Restricted to those that Giant Corporations are fan of while almost Everything that Giant Corporations don't like it is belongs to Fringe Science

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
is this makes People Fears Global warming and Islamic terrorists instead Alien Invaders, Intelligent Machines, and Any Supernatural and Paranormal Threats?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

What do you say?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Because of perception.

If you are asking why.

Today, Worldwide Humans have their perception of reality has Homogenized by Global Mainstream Corporate Media, and for more info about Mainstream Media Homogenizing world's perception of reality Check the Thread About Android sisters: Electronic Media creates your reality

[edit on 18-4-2010 by masonicon]

new topics

top topics

join