It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs urge '70m population cap' in party manifestos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

MPs urge '70m population cap' in party manifestos

news.bbc.co.uk

A cross-party group of MPs and peers have called on the main parties to make a manifesto pledge not to allow the UK's population to exceed 70 million.

Former minister Frank Field is among those arguing current immigration rates, unless restricted, will impact on public services and quality of life.

The Balanced Migration Group said the BNP continued to exploit the issue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.balancedmigration.com

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Now then

this is very convenient timing

Rumbles over the past year over the strain on public services due to too much immigration

Panic on the streets due to Islam4UKs threatened protest march in the jewel of middle England

half a million people joining a facebook group that has major undercurrents of action against Radical Muslims

A threat of a forceful counter protest from the BNP

OH, and an election looming

This Island is far too small to cope as we are now. social infrastructure of roads, transport and housing was spectacularly devastated by John Prescott. How can we sustain growth of our popultaion. Where is the capital to finance this utopian society?

GORDON BROWN, please face up to the responsibilities that NEW LABOURs social engineering experiment did not work.
Please reverse your immigration policies, cut the multicutural claptrap and stop accusing your core citizens as racist if they disagree with mass immigration.

It should be blatenlty obvious to you that none of the policies over the past 12 years have worked, so stop them now! Can we put Tony Blair on trial for crimes against inner cities

AH yes did I mention that there's an election looming - so sort out the mess you have made before you hand the keys to No10 over.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why is it that bloody politicans only react to a problem when it's so far gone that it would be like trying to revive Ghandi from the dead...

The flood of migrants has been an issue for the better part of a decade and ALL] partied were on the "multi-cultural" bandwagon.

And now, all of a sudden, the main parties care about the issue enough to look into it?

Not running scared of a right-wing backlash, are they?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
According to this PDF file, the UK has had a food self-suffiencey ratio of around 60% during the last decade. That means the country has to import 40% of its food every year. Given that, I'd be concerned about population growth.

Now, certainly waistlines could be trimmed and belts could be tightened...the UK likes to scoff at the US obesity rates, but the UK is not far behind...nevertheless, its a bit disconcerting to imagine adding an ever-growing pyramid of people while food supplies remain potentialy tight and could put the country in a political vice with a threat to food security.

I don't know the stats for the 2009/10 UK food harvest, but globally the stats are pretty dismal this year. Globally, last year was a bumper crop but this year seems to be anything but. Given that, food security in the UK is no laughing matter.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Unsure if the Government had something in mind, but today they published a plan for UK agriculture up to 2030. The plan is to increase yields, whilst being "environmentally sustainable". Unsure how the two can go hand in hand, but the main thrust is that by 2030, the world will have at least an extra 2 Billion mouths to feed so food security is high on the agendad at the moment.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Britain has finally woken up and there will be huge changes at the polls. that's what is frightening them

no more underhand expenses, no where to hide

finance policies being scrutinised due to the recession and successive mis-management

bursting welfare state due to work and immigration policies

problems with immigration due to conflict with Radicals

disaffected state employees being made redundant and no chance of employment in the commercial sector

and all this due to successive tinkering with immigration and employment laws

I as an average middle of the road Briton want my country back

I am still very very angry at the the underhand conspiracy of veiled mass immigration that new labour has conducted over it's tenure in office

won't it be a comfortable feeling knowing that we have the chance to have an elected Prime Minister?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust one UTTERANCE to emerge from their foul, infested mouths

Instead, I'd suspect they are sucking-up to Mr and Ms Voter

lies, lies and more lies

They should all be tried for treason and executed

Hope public executions are reintroduced

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

And also in the news today it was announced by the Conservatives that they would appoint a quango, sorry, ombudsman to oversee the link between farmer & food producers and the major supermarkets

these figures must have been around for a while and still we allow more and more people in.

In this volatile world surely we must become more self sufficient. During world war two we relied heavily on Canada, Australia and New Zealand for food.

after the way we have treated them over the past couple of decades i'd be surprised if they helped us out again.

and for f's sake don't even mention Europe

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
I wouldn't trust one UTTERANCE to emerge from their foul, infested mouths

Instead, I'd suspect they are sucking-up to Mr and Ms Voter

lies, lies and more lies

Oh deep joy, I'm sure we have an awful lot more of this type of claptrap to come, from all of them

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Now, certainly waistlines could be trimmed and belts could be tightened...the UK likes to scoff at the US obesity rates, but the UK is not far behind...nevertheless, its a bit disconcerting to imagine adding an ever-growing pyramid of people while food supplies remain potentialy tight and could put the country in a political vice with a threat to food security.

I don't know the stats for the 2009/10 UK food harvest, but globally the stats are pretty dismal this year. Globally, last year was a bumper crop but this year seems to be anything but. Given that, food security in the UK is no laughing matter.

Heh maybe the UK can start paying the African farmers for all that tonnage of perfectly good food that spoils on the docks due to UK and European farmer subsidies, stopping them from selling any of it, and maybe the European agricultural industry can stop burying vast quantities of unsold goods and sell em a little cheaper... UK gets its food, the Africans get a financial boost and encouragement to invest more in agriculture.

Win win for both sides... but i dont see it ever happening... instead we get population caps and other sinister phrases banded around while the status quo continues.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

People are starving in africa. why are they shipping their food from africa. It's doens't make sense.
On a related note, the UK leaves oil-tankers docked so they can keep prices high.
Canada likes Britain. I don't understand how people would think Canada doesn't like Britain. Commonwealth fo' life dawg!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by BigfootNZ

People are starving in africa. why are they shipping their food from africa. It's doens't make sense.
On a related note, the UK leaves oil-tankers docked so they can keep prices high.
Canada likes Britain. I don't understand how people would think Canada doesn't like Britain. Commonwealth fo' life dawg!!!

We now Canada likes Britain and I am very happy about that

but we didn't really treat you or the rest of the "commonwealth" very well during this transition to europe and that makes me personally sad.

nothing in our food or fuel policies make sense. We have sacrificed a great deal to further the connection to europe. New Labours connived insistence of following european agricultural and fisheries polices have caused chaos with food production within our national borders.

It certainly proves no-one wants to take overall control of being able to keep the populous fed. OR is it just another veiled attempt to force us to rely on Europe rather than being self sufficient.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
DO NOT vote for the BNP. They are the NEW NAZIS.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yeah, I know I just noticed this story on the BBC site. Unbeliveable. I dont think that theyd have much of a chance to inforce this, but I worry now that the idea has actually been thrown around in parliment. Plus the amount of times we read about the conspirecy of population control,and if you cant do some sort of event to "control" and bring the population down to a manageable level, then they'd try to inforce something like this. Still, quite shocking, and it makes me worry... whats the next suggestion to come out of the crazy nut house...?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
DO NOT vote for the BNP. They are the NEW NAZIS.

Oh I really agree with you in a big way

you could find a major conspiracy with every policy they have or at least the way in which they are trying to deliver them

sadly some of the hijacked ideas are right, at the right time to rebalance the country and bring it back to centre ground

There are many policies in this country that have either been ignored or over engineered and immigration is probably going to be main battle ground for the main electorate and the extremists

My main gripe here is that we are full, we have no sustainability and this governmetn has continually pushed a secret immigration policy to maintain it's multi cultural agenda. WHY? what is the reasoning behind this?

Has this been done to fragment the union and take us irreversibly closer to Europe? the biggest political consipiracy in this country today is right in front of us. An unelected Prime Minister. BUT not only that we now have an unelected representative in Europe making decisions above our political system

who has decided this, our own government, the "europen parliament" or someone else.

Immigration has been completely out of control since europe and its courts have overruled or dictated to us

I agree about not voting for the BNP, but please do not vote for anything to do with europe

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

yet again this is political madness. How can it be enforced?

we have a signed and sealed open borders policy with Europe, therefore we cannot prevent social or economic migation from any EU country

if our economy recovers, we get economic migrants. If our social welfare system becomes more generous, we will get more immigrants

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121
My main gripe here is that we are full, we have no sustainability and this governmetn has continually pushed a secret immigration policy to maintain it's multi cultural agenda. WHY? what is the reasoning behind this?

Fourth and fifth generation Caucasians who have never worked a day in their life and expect everything on a platter.

Every qualified individual is leaving the country for a better life elsewhere.

Democracy there is a farce with well over 1 million people marching against the invasion on Iraq due to their waiting for the democratic processes set up the the UN to go through.

The decline in industry and the growth in the leisure industry.

Property; people who were foolish enough to buy a house to sell on generated an unsustainable market that only the richest could benefit from.

Over watched but under-represented citizens endure via CCTV, cyclical record systems and pass-the-buck policies.

Tuesdays.

Threatening TV License ads (+ Russel T. Davies' shows)

Petrol prices, cars and where to park them.

Mobile phones blaring music on buses.

Violent crime.

The banks being bailed out with taxpayers money with very little by way of profit for the government, hence Da Peepel!

The price of football.

I mean really?? DO you excpect a citizens from the jewel of the empire to tolerate that? Of course you don't! That's why we accepting our loyal subjects back in from the empire we marauded so they can have some more of our eloquent oppression.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Tuesdays.

Threatening TV License ads (+ Russel T. Davies' shows)

-m0r

Russel T Davies has to be favourite in there!

now HE IS a bag full of conspiracies in his own right

[edit on 6/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And 70 million is too high. At least we have politicians who are prepared to discuss this. Its a cross party group of MPs rather than a single party, and Frank Field is no "nut job" MP.

I, for one, welcome this. This is something I have wanted to hear for many years and of course the timing is interesting but as this is a cross party declaration, I guess we can not read a great deal into this, and the party manifestos are fairly set in stone by now.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey has said politicians must do more to limit net immigration to the UK. He is among a group of MPs and peers warning that the population should not be allowed to go beyond 70 million.

Lord Carey said the issue angered many people and could lead to violence, and that the immigration system had to focus more on maintaining "values".

Labour says its points-based migration system is working but the Tories want an annual cap on incoming workers. All the main parties are sceptical about setting population targets which they believe is unrealistic and counter-productive.

Last year the Office for National Statistics said, if current trends continued, the UK population would rise by 10 million to more than 71.6 million by 2033 - the fastest rise in a century.

Now the former Archbishop is in on this. Although outspoken at times he's generally not right wing in his thinking

interesting that he talks about values and possible violence, but does not qualify them in any way. but this article is in addition to the original story on the BBC website, so it could just be the normal "reporting" from the BBC

top topics

<<   2 >>

join