It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting site on Mormons & Masons...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
www.helpingmormons.org...

found it interesting that morons have these symbols on their temples. didnt read the whole page, saw a link to David Icke at the bottom so I was wary of the text but the pictures do speak for themselves...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oooh, a Sun, a Moon, and some stars... sounds pretty sinister to me. You know, my little 7-year-old neice drew me a picture the other day of a house with a big yellow sun in the sky. Fortunately, I realised the true meaning of the sun-symbol and burnt my Lucifer-worshipping neice at the stake.

*Disclaimer* I do not actually have a 7-year-old neice, nor did I burn my 7-year-old neice, nor would I ever do, or advocate doing, such a vile and disgusting thing. The above is meant ONLY as satire. Thankyou, hug your children, pet your dogs, and for God's sake, call your Mother, she's lonely!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
do you ever post anything that isnt flaming someone else's post? did I use the word sinister in my post? maybe your 7 year old neice has a dictionary so you can look up the word interesting!!! btw can you give me one example where the inverted pentagram(baphomet) is used as a Christian symbol??? other than being plastered all over the mormon Temples?

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by metalmessiah]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Calm down guys please.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by drunk]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Actually, I wasn't flaming your post... if I was flaming anything, it was the silly website you posted a link to.

Yes, that website is interesting, in the same way that the ceaseless ranting of an unfortunate homeless lunatic in interesting.

It is certainly not you I am upset with, simply this (and I do not use the word carelessly) idiotic website.

What makes you think that the so-called "inverted" star represents the Baphomet? Baphomet means one of two things, based on context. If the context is medieval France, it is the way they pronounced the name of the Prophet Mohammed (MPBUH), and, for whatever reason, it was associated with a bearded, disembodied head (no-one said the medieval French were without flights of fancy). When it was used in Eliphas Levi's work, it meant a symbolical entity referring to certain alchemical and philosophical truths, and was represented by an insanely complicated diagram to which I do not have access at the moment. Never was it represented by an "inverted" star. Never has a star had an "orientation" until devil-mad individuals on a witch hunt decided there was a "right" and a "wrong" way to draw a star (they had to have a "right" way because Our Lord, or at least My Lord, Jesus Christ, refers to himself as the "Morning Star," and because the Star of Bethlehem is often depicted in churches). I have netiher the time nor the inclination to go around to all the churches in my neighborhood with a digital camera at Midnight local time and find an example of a star oriented in the way you don't like.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Great link, first time I've seen this one, but ATS is plumb full of Mormon/ Masonry threads. The easy explanation of the Mormon Symbols being like the Masonic Symbols is because it is like it. Joseph Smith was a Mason. That should explain a lot.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
anyone can easily state a pentagram that is upside down or right side up can well interpret as luciferic like. earth, wind, fire, water, heart. the five elements.

meaning the reason why all witchcraft, celtiscm, druidism, paganism, gnosticism would have such a thing. because they believe in a divine being in themselves as individuals. and rely on our aging planet.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Humm...I see no connection with Mormons and Witchcraft. Nor do I see any Masonic Witches in my part of the woods. However, I have witnessed Mormon Masons or Masonic Mormons. That is a connection that I cannot deny, but as for the pentagram...nah, it didn't happen...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I had a glance at the page in question and have to say: absolute rubbish.

I found the following reference more than a little irritating and typical of what I'd expect to see on a fundie website:

"Symbols of the witch goddess Dana (Artemis), and used in black magick."

Firstly, there is no such thing as "black" magic (notice the spelling!). I really can't be bothered wasting time here explaining why that is. Try searching Google, there are plenty of articles online about the idea of black, gray and white magic.

Secondly, as Satanism is a Christian heresy, one must believe in the divinity of the Christian God figure for there to be an opposing being/concept. Being a ***typical*** Pagan, I do not share Christian beliefs (including the inerrancy of the Bible and concepts of God/Devil, good/evil).

Therefore, how can Pagan = Satanist????

Pathetic and insulting. Scholarly dishonesty at its worst afaiac.

Grey Pilgrim

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
if youve really seen what mormons are into they have their own prophets in the flesh who prophesize at a certain period after years and years of time, but only once like every ten or so years. they believe that these are prophets in the flesh..

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
TSAB, what are you trying to say? You have insider information on the Mormon Church,too? You really are a font of knowledge!

As for your other questionable post:

why all witchcraft, celtiscm, druidism, paganism, gnosticism would have such a thing. because they believe in a divine being in themselves as individuals.

Christians also believe in an eternal soul and that man is made in His image and likeness. Sounds pretty evil to me

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

btw can you give me one example where the inverted pentagram(baphomet) is used as a Christian symbol??? other than being plastered all over the mormon Temples?[Edited on 25-5-2004 by metalmessiah]

Actually I can. The so-called "inverted pentagram" or upside-down star, or 5-pointed star with one point down is a very ancient Christian symbol. It symbolises Christ coming to earth...the star with one point UP symbolizes him ascending to Heaven. ...but I don't expect you to believe this. You know only ONE meaning for it...evil...therefore it MUST be evil.

...oh ye closed-minded people....

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
You know only ONE meaning for it...evil...therefore it MUST be evil.

...oh ye closed-minded people....

Some people perceive evilness where none exists. If you think something is evil long enough, your mind will begin to believe you. *tsk, tsk*
Where is deny ignorance?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
if they really believe their prophets that are alive today are authentic then theyre under some kind of influence, how could it be christ like?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
LMAO@AlexKennedy

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
and for God's sake, call your Mother, she's lonely!

No she's not - she's in bloody Cornwall having the time of her life while I'm stuck here in Hell with a pair of demonic entities driving me up the wall :shk:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
No she's not - she's in bloody Cornwall having the time of her life while I'm stuck here in Hell with a pair of demonic entities driving me up the wall :shk:

Are these entities anybody we know???

TopSecret~~
There's someone around here who is perhaps under the influence, but why pick on the followers of Mormon

BTW, your sentences are almost impossible to read, let alone understand.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
dont tread my posts is pretty understandable unless youre trying to hard as to decipher the damn thing...

of course theres probably someone under the influence here, and its time they had a reality check...i mean who spends their time thinking theyre responsible for dead jews? GET REAL.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalmessiah
do you ever post anything that isnt flaming someone else's post? did I use the word sinister in my post? maybe your 7 year old neice has a dictionary so you can look up the word interesting!!! btw can you give me one example where the inverted pentagram(baphomet) is used as a Christian symbol??? other than being plastered all over the mormon Temples?

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by metalmessiah]

If the pentagram is a form of a satanic, evil religion, or any religion at all, then there is a problem with the separation between church and state. Have you seen what the stars on the American flag look like? What about the medals we give to our honorable soldiers?

Maybe you should mention this to the activist courts and the ACLU. We can get rid of those satanic signs before you can say In God We Trust.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
dont tread my posts is pretty understandable

Case in point.

...of course theres probably someone under the influence here, and its time they had a reality check...i mean who spends their time thinking theyre responsible for dead jews? GET REAL.

Uhhhh... what? Honestly, dude, it's called GRAMMAR...

Who is it that needs a reality check besides you and metalmessiah? And what in the world does your comment about "responsibility for dead Jews" have to do with this discussion?

Senrak, I think we are totally on the same page. Symbolism of any kind is all about what the symbol means to a person or group of people. Just because Satanists or Luciferians or Pagans use a symbol to represent some aspect of their beliefs doesn't mean that it carries the same meaning to everyone.

BTW - granted, I sort of skimmed over the last 1/3 of that article you posted metalmessiah, but I failed to see where any reference was made to Masons? Perhaps a quote?

[edit on 7/13/04 by The Axeman]

[edit on 7/27/04 by The Axeman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join