It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giza Pyramids Indicate 2012

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As I look at the Sphenix, it reminds me of a dog. So I can't help wonder, that when 12/21 (or is ti 23?)2012 arrives, the SWHTF when the sphenix's eyes come into line with the rising of the Dog Star, Sirius.
I'm not very knowledgeable of the program"Stellarium", but I think you can add into your own coordinates (the Sphinx) and be able to calculate the time when Sirius becomes visible to the Sphinx.
Your thoughts Scott.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hi,

Violater1: As I look at the Sphenix, it reminds me of a dog. So I can't help wonder, that when 12/21 (or is ti 23?)2012 arrives, the SWHTF when the sphenix's eyes come into line with the rising of the Dog Star, Sirius.
I'm not very knowledgeable of the program"Stellarium", but I think you can add into your own coordinates (the Sphinx) and be able to calculate the time when Sirius becomes visible to the Sphinx.
Your thoughts Scott.

SC: There is an excellent book written recently by reasearcher and author, Robert Temple, (The Sphinx Mystery) in which Temple theorises that the Sphinx was previously a dog, i.e. the AE God Anubis. For various reasons I am unconvinced of Temple's argument but it is very interesting nonetheless.

As for the Sphinx aligning with Sirius - the Sphinx faces due east (i.e. 90 degrees azimuths from north) whilst the star Sirius will only ever rise on the eastern horizon at a minimum of around 110 degrees so, at best, Sirius will be misaligned from the Sphinx's due east gaze by around 20 degrees azimuth.

Regards

Scott Creighton

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Scott,
I read through some of the postings( and I will reread them later) but as I was Skimming through it
My wife had a question for this thread.
Have the Egyptians, foretold any futures in their writings as the Mayans presumably have?
And,what would this discovery of the 2012 timeline mean to modern civilization?
thanks. LD.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Hi Lil Drummerboy,

LD: I read through some of the postings( and I will reread them later) but as I was Skimming through it. My wife had a question for this thread. Have the Egyptians, foretold any futures in their writings as the Mayans presumably have?

SC: Indeed they have. Ancient Egyptian myth tells how the AE god Thoth would destroy all of Egypt in a mighty flood:

...I am going to blot out everything that I have made. This Earth shall enter into (i.e. be absorbed in) the watery abyss of Nu (or Nunu) by means of a raging flood, and will become even as it was in primeval time. I myself shall remain together with Osiris, but I shall transform myself into a small serpent, which can be neither comprehended nor seen… one day the Nile will rise and cover all Egypt with water, and drown the whole country; then, as in the beginning, there will be nothing to be seen except water…”- Wallis E. A. Budge, From Fetish to God in Ancient Egypt, (Oxford University Press, 1934), 198.

And it seems too that they may have understood that this destruction (visited upon them by Thoth) was of a cyclical nature:

"And whatever happened either in your country or in ours or in any other region of which we are informed – if there were any actions noble or great or in any other way remarkable, they have all been written down by us of old and are preserved in our temples.

Whereas just when you [Solon] and other nations are beginning to be provided with letters and the other requisites of civilized life, after the usual interval, the stream from heaven, like a pestilence, comes pouring down and leaves only those of you who are destitute of letters and education, and so you have to begin all over again like children and know nothing of what happened in ancient times, either among us or among yourselves.” (Emphasis mine). - Ignatius Donnelly, The Destruction of Atlantis (New York: Multimedia Publishing, 1883, 1971),204-205

But not only this, it may also be that the ancient Egyptian astronomer priests kept count of the durations between each of these cycles:

"I have been designated among the chiefs of men, the guides of the country chosen by the king. One will not find anyone more favored than I telling the hour conforms to the desire of the god so that he may give order to erect constructions announcing to man his future, telling him about his youth and his death; telling the years, the months, the days, and the hours, the course over every star by observation of its path.” - Senty, son of Pen-Sobek, Marshall Clagett, Ancient Egyptian Science Vol.II, 490

This text is from the Late Period but likely to have been based on a much more ancient practice.

LD: And,what would this discovery of the 2012 timeline mean to modern civilization?

SC: What you have to keep in mind here is that this Giza-Orion timeline seems to present THREE critical times and not just the 2012 CE date. Modern science has found that major Earth catastrophes did indeed occur in the previous two dates marked on the timeline, c.9,700 BCE and c.3,980 BCE. The next date seems to be 2,012 CE. But keep in mind also that these dates marked on the Giza-Orion timeline are actually presented to us in the configuration of the Orion Belt stars. This is to say that when the Belt stars have precessed along the timeline (so to speak) and reach the marker positions on the timeline then the Earth may have reached a critical moment. And the beauty of this 'stellar calendar' is that it is governed by the natural precessional motion of the stars and not some manmade, arbitrary calendar which could become lost or forgotten when a civilisation collapses. This 'stellar calendar' will be the same in all ages and to all people regardless of any other manmade calendars that are put in place.

All of this is explained in detail in my forthcoming book from Bear & Co next year.

Kind regards,

Scott Creighton

edit on 28/11/2010 by Scott Creighton because: Fix typo.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi,

Perhaps you should take a glance at my post re the Eye of Horos, that is the key.

GOLD

GOD minus the ell.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
hi Scott ...I have been smitten by your work .and pi 314 starting point is one that without, only shades the edges of the light ..Your work has caused me to look into things that were taboo to do so . I am hoping you can find a way into the forbidden part ...what you are revealing is a symphony of mind and thought ..incredible subject ...peace

ps i wanted to leave a link to some acient info into the stars ...much to gleen from all of this www.biblicalastronomy.com... .
edit on 3-1-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Originally posted by Scott Creighton
reply to post by Cythraul

Hello Cythraul, ... etc

SC: You raise an important point. The 2 sets of Queens pyramids at Giza present a symbolic representation of the Orion's Belt stars at their minimum (c.10,460 BCE) and their maximum (c.2,500 CE) culminations.

The word 'culmination' is important here. The culmination of the belt stars (when viewed on the SW & East horizon) is the time when the stars appear to STOP. For some 13,000 years they drift around the horizon and then STOP (culmination), change direction and drift around the horizon in the opposite way for around another 13,000 years - like a pendulum.

This is a link to an animation that illustrates this somewhat....

Link -------> Rising Stars

Due to precession, the Orion 'slides' up and down the meridian in the course of 25,920 years or one precessional cycle. It takes 12,960 years for Orion to descend from top to bottom and another 12,960 years to ascend from bottom to top again. By generating a simulation of the night sky at 10,500 BC, it was found that Al Nitak, the lowest of the three stars of the Orion belt crosses the meridian at an altitude of only 9 degrees 20' above the horizon. This is the lowest altitude it will reach in its precessional cycle. Thus, by mimicking the layout of the belt stars in the sky in 10,500 BC, the pyramids not only signifies a specific epoch but also marks the beginning of a precessional half-cycle.

Hope this animation helps clarify perception ( and comprehension ) of this thread for some. More Grist for the Mill...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

i have been in the consruction industry for over 45 years and placing this beam is not that difficult , and yes i have been in the pyramid twice .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

the sphinx head is not original , it was recarved in the image of the current ruler

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Serafine

Hi Serafine,

Serafine: Hope this animation helps clarify perception ( and comprehension ) of this thread for some. More Grist for the Mill...

SC: Many thanks for the link. It certainly helps visualise the precessional 'elevator motion' of Orion's Belt on the meridian. This is, however, where I fundamentally disagree with Robert Bauval with regard to what the pyramids at Giza are presenting to us. Certainly it concerns Orion's Belt - there is absolutely no doubt about that in my mind.

The ancient Egyptians were - in the words of Egyptologist - Jane B. Sellers, "horizon watchers". They observed the stars as they rose and set on the horizon. Whilst it is not particularly difficult, it is more awkward to know and observe a star when it has reached transit i.e. the meridian - its highest point in the sky. It is much easier to beserve a star when it rises and when it sets. By combining this knowledge with precession it is possible to create a 'precession clock' using the setting culmination and rising culmination of a particular star (or group of stars in the case of Orion's Belt). Also, if the sun is in the southern sky at the time of transit them it would be impossible to see the star in any case let alone try and measure it. This is not to say Bauval is wrong in saying the layout of the main Giza pyramids was done to reflect the angle of the Belt Stars thus allowing us to date the design - just that I disagree with him.

The two sets of so-called 'Queen's pyramids' depict the rising culmination (G1 Queens c. 10,500 BCE) and setting culmination (G3 Queens c.2,500 CE) of the Belt Stars. I constantly ask myself - why is everyone obsessing about the 10,500 BCE date when the Giza Pyramids (i.e. the Queens Pyramids) ALSO depict the date 2,500 CE (just under 500 years in our future). Why not focus on the future date? It seems that whilst everyone was focussing on the 10,500 BCE date and suggesting this is when the AE civilisation was found (the mythical 'First Time' or Zep Tepi), no one noticed the other very obvious FUTURE date of c.2,500 CE depicted by the G1 Queens' pyramids.

To me the main Giza pyramids were built (among other reasons) was to represent the Belt Stars in a big and unambiguous way. The smaller pyramids were then built to demonstrate how the Belt Stars precess with their min and max culminations. These two culminations effectively work together to create a '13,000 Year Precessional Timeline - an Astronomical Clock' (we call this line today, 'The Lehner Line' after the American Egyptologist who first observed that the arrangment of the main Giza Pyramids were very precisely aligned on a NE/SW diagonal). Lehner did not, however, comprehend the purpose of this line - he merely observed it as a curiosity. We can today, however, observe how this line serves a very critical function which you can read all about in the OP of this thread.

Regards,

Scott Creighton

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join