It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sNaFu
I myself am a helicopter mechanic and here we have hueys, cobras, CH-46's, CH-53's harriers, F-18's, Prowlers, C-130's and UAV's. I have never seen any of the helicopters move like that at all except for 1 occasion where I saw a 46 slide left at a pretty good speed, but it only looks like a 46 for a brief period in the video. At 1:41 you can see its not like any helicopter I've ever seen, but it does looks similar to the UAV pictures maybe... maybe not posted. I haven't seen any of the UAV's here fly or do anything so I can't give a personal opinion on that, but I can tell you 100% for sure thats not a helicopter. Any who has seen a helicopter fly knows theres no way a helicopter flies like that. I'm going to have to say its an early test UAV or a UFO.

G'day sNaFu

Thanks for your professional opinion.

Perhaps we've....

....."chopped up" the chopper hypothesis &.....

....."debugged" the bug hypothesis!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Don't you just love how the die-hard skeptics on this forum pick and choose the topics they try and debunk? They always seem to pick the easy ones, the ones most skeptical believers like myself already know through common sense and logic are bogus. Throw one like this amazing incident into the ATS mix and it's completely ignored...

G'day again Jocko Flocko

Yes......it's a bit quiet in here.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Thanks to Maybe...maybe not, some very good posts (I've much appreciated sNaFu contribution).
In my humble opinion, the key of this video is whether it's genuine or not:
If it's a hoax, then there's nothing else to say.
But if it's genuine, then i don't think that what we see is even just remotely comparable to any known conventional aircraft both at the time and presently, not to mention helicopters or bugs: and why not, it could have even been alien in origin as far as i know (i don't see why this possibility should be ruled out), as well as the UAV prototype possible explanation can't be ruled out (if something is secret, then of course we can't use it to compare it with what we see in the S-30 footage).
Let's assume it's genuine:
the story of the helicopter, most likely surfaces every now and then because during the conversation that can be heard between the controllers, it was guessed to be an helicopter, but then they all changed their minds.
This is the only acceptable explanation why some guessed that THIS

was an helicopter, otherwise their reasons are beyond my understanding.
Here, i'll post the links to the soundtracks and the transcription:
i'll also post some screen-capture in syncro with the transcription, that could help to make better the point.

23:20:37
------------
VIDEO COMMENCES

23:20:41
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... point zero at this time."

23:20:43
Male Controller
"Its a helicopter!"

23:20:45
Female Controller
"Aaah!"

23:20:48
Male Controller
"That's why its so slow."

23:20:49
Female Controller
"Might be some kind of debris."
[
23:20:52
Female Controller
"It's not much more than a round dot, but it looks different to most dots."

23:21:10

[BREAK IN SOUNDTRACK]

23:21:11
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ..two zero...one one zero level, okay...ing North at

this time."

23:21:23
Female Controller
"Got any ideas what it is?"

23:21:24
Male Controller
"I got a helo!"

23:21:26
Female Controller
"You've got a helicopter?"

23:21:27
Male Controller
"Yeah - can't get a result on these things!"

23:21:29
External Controller
"[unintelligible]... two five two ...[unintelligible]"

23:21:34
Male Controller
"I don't know what the hell that is - that's a helo, isn't it?"

23:21:39
Male Controller
"[chuckle] ... What is that? I don't know! ... I've no idea!"

23:21:42
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... flight level ... [unintelligible simultaneous talking]"

23:21:47
Female Controller
"Looks like one. Right up high now, goin' like .. straight up!"

23:21:53
Male Controller
"Its a balloon, ain't it? I don't know what the hell that is, man!"

23:21:58
Female Controller
"I think it's a helicopter."

23:22:00
Male Controller
"[unintelligible] ... forget it! ... data on him."

23:22:04
Female Controller
"Straight up, boy!"

23:22:05
Male Controller
"I'm outta here!"

23:22:06
Female Controller
"Oh, okay."

23:22:07
Male Controller
"What the hell is it? ... I'm gonna lose it in the sun, [unintelligible]"

23:22:19
Male Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:21
Female Controller
"Call sign?"

23:22:23
Male Controller
"Err ... I don't even know what it is!"

23:22:26
Female Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:28
Male Controller
"Must be at eleven thousand feet a minute." (?)

23:22:33
Female Controller
"It's weird-lookin'!"

23:22:34
Male Controller
[unintelligible]

23:22:40
[? DOOR CREAKING]

23:22:41
External Controller
"[unintelligible] .. non-FLIR!" (?)

23:22:47
External Controller
"Non-FLIR!" (?)

23:22:54
Female Controller
"See him?" (?)

23:22:57
External Controller
"[unintelligible] ... non-FLIR, non-FLIR!" (?)
[Note: FLIR = Forward-Looking Infrared radar]

23:23:05
Female Controller
"See him?" (?)

23:23:14
------------
SOUNDTRACK ENDS

=================================
Also a description of the above timeline can be found here:
roswellproof.homestead.com...
A comprehensive article about general informations, background, location and time can be found here:

An article with analysis and graphs can be found here:

An article proposing as location of the sighting of the S-30 footage the Tolichna Peak Electronic Combat Range, can be found here:
www.ufomind.com...

And it seems that the author of the article linked in the OP, has positively identified the location of the footage as the black mountain, Nevada:

Anyway, they ASSUMED it was some helicopter only while it looked like a dot, and don't as well as they've assumed that it could have been some DEBRIS, then a BALLOON, and all this within three minutes

According to what we see and hear, and assuming that the footage is legit, I can't imagine anything more Unidentified Flying Object than this one.
Thanks again,

internos

admin edit: Removed childish, vulgar images planted by banned member

[edit on 4-24-2010 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you for your extremely interesting post, Internos.

Your relentlessly classy work on this site is to be admired.

Your photo --> transcript approach has helped me more clearly understand the sequence of the object's flight.

I think I can recall reading another report that was put together similarly to the report I posted, wherein there was some complementary detail.

If I get time tomorrow, I will see if I can find that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Aagh man!This was going to be my next Thread dammit you jumped me!

Thank you for sharing! I love this clip my favourite.... the where alot of data captured.

Among anomalous characteristics, the calculated data indicates that the object was capable of flying from 30 to 700 miles per hour, yet it is a rotating, multi-lobed, non-streamlined object. How the craft could fly at such high speed without streamlining is not clear. It also displays multiple bursts of high acceleration/deceleration.

The high speeds and accelerations also rule out many conventional flying objects such as balloons, helicopters, or propeller driven aircraft. Furthermore, the object shows no evidence of a propulsion system, such as external engines or a trail that might be expected from a jet- or rocket-propelled aircraft capable of such high speeds and accelerations.

Stablized, cropped view of Nellis S-30 UFO during close approach (2 miles). Note rotation, glowing multiple lobes, and shifting dark area. Object moving to right at about 200 miles per hour and climbing.

Finally, the object was highly maneuverable, executing a right-angle turn and going into steep climbs.

Guns

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

G'day GUNSINWAR

It is very nice of you to contribute to this thread.

That rotating GIF is very interesting, as is the track map.

When I get time later in the week, I am going to look for other interesting sightings in that region, both around the time of the sighting & during more recent times. I'll do this with a view to seeing if anything similar has been observed at another time &/or place in that region.

Your further contributions will be appreciated by all

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I must say Maybe....Maybe.Not...

For a first post - this is very impressive!!!

I gonna hitch my wagon to your rising star - most definitely

I'll get back to this thread in a jiffy - just as soon as I open this ticking parcel from Heinan Signals Intercept

Be back soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

well, those things probably are unmanned because earth humans would throw up and black out with that kind of flight pattern. don't ETs like steady and stable flight? you just gotta wonder

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You never disappoint my friend

I totally agree that this vid is as solid a one as we've seen so far.

Given that, I think the angle of scrutiny on this one should be to disprove it.

I would start with establishing the bonafides of those parties that have come forward so far! If, for example, it can be verified that they did work at Nellis around the said time, and that they will submit and pass polygraph tests, then I think we're a step closer to having the first authenticated vid of a very un-earth like craft indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have never seen this clip in from the beginning before, I always saw it when it was rising and there was no audio. I can't help thinking it might be a cluster of balloons for some sort of training exercise. I can't seem to see the erratic movements it is supposed to make, the camera does a lot of movement, must be just me.

Excellent thread though! got my attention and Internos came in with fantastic info as always!

October

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
... I can't help thinking it might be a cluster of balloons for some sort of training exercise. I can't seem to see the erratic movements it is supposed to make...

I don't think I've seen, nor heard, of balloons that can climb 11,000 ft/min.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GUNSINWAR

Stablized, cropped view of Nellis S-30 UFO during close approach (2 miles).

Going back to the helicopter theory. If a helicopter were within 2 miles you would hear it and be like "yup thats a helicopter" but the guy is basically like "what is that?" Now it COULD be a UAV, but idk because I can't personally say how loud a UAV is butGUNSINWARs gif kinda eliminated that idea. Based on the video and info you'd have to say its a UFO. Unidentified Flying Obect. Its unidentified (obviously) its flying and its an object. It may not be alien but its clearly a UFO.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

well, those things probably are unmanned because earth humans would throw up and black out with that kind of flight pattern. don't ETs like steady and stable flight? you just gotta wonder

G'day reject

I keep getting an image of these poor little white guys bouncing around in there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e59ec6c5f51.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you remember them....?

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

You never disappoint my friend

I totally agree that this vid is as solid a one as we've seen so far.

Given that, I think the angle of scrutiny on this one should be to disprove it.

I would start with establishing the bonafides of those parties that have come forward so far! If, for example, it can be verified that they did work at Nellis around the said time, and that they will submit and pass polygraph tests, then I think we're a step closer to having the first authenticated vid of a very un-earth like craft indeed.

I agree, mckyle.....

Authentication is important, as is image analysis.

Are you aware of any image analysis by any of the ATS "heavy hitters" such as Jeff Ritzmann, etc...?

I also wonder what Phage thinks about this one.....I might ask him.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
I have never seen this clip in from the beginning before, I always saw it when it was rising and there was no audio. I can't help thinking it might be a cluster of balloons for some sort of training exercise. I can't seem to see the erratic movements it is supposed to make, the camera does a lot of movement, must be just me.

Excellent thread though! got my attention and Internos came in with fantastic info as always!

October

G'day October.....

Regarding the erratic movement being a camera effect:

My understanding is the erratic movement was verified to some extent by the radar returns.

My understanding is also that because the cameras auto-tracked via radar, there was minimal erratic camera movement.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Outstanding addition to the thread Internos, I have never seen this object that clearly in the video until these frame captures. It's one hell of a weird looking craft to say the least...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Lived my whole life until 2000 in Nevada. Never heard of this. Figures.

That is one odd looking thing in that video. Looks like flying cauliflower.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Lived my whole life until 2000 in Nevada. Never heard of this. Figures.
That is one odd looking thing in that video. Looks like flying cauliflower.

G'day TheLoony

It's actually quite a famous case, if you're into this sort of thing.

I shall ponder your "flying cauliflower" hypothesis

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I am no UFO expert or investigator but I have been around ATS for a few years. Read a few thousand(give or take) UFO threads and never came across this one.

I didn't come across the supposed portal story at Frenchman's Mountain until a year or so ago and that's right here in town, so whatever.

I guess I'm like Paul McCartney, who said "If I died I'd be the last to know".

Don't ponder the flying cauliflower, that's in league with the Flying Spaghetti Monster and such and needs not be pondered.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

I am no UFO expert or investigator but I have been around ATS for a few years. Read a few thousand(give or take) UFO threads and never came across this one.
I didn't come across the supposed portal story at Frenchman's Mountain until a year or so ago and that's right here in town, so whatever.
I guess I'm like Paul McCartney, who said "If I died I'd be the last to know".
Don't ponder the flying cauliflower, that's in league with the Flying Spaghetti Monster and such and needs not be pondered.

G'day TheLoony

I apologise for suggesting you "don't know your stuff".

I shall not spend more time pondering aviating vegetables

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join