It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting The 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Doesn't look like a helicopter to me either. It was obviously the subject of the recording, so I'm going to guess that it was a test flight of some sort of experimental craft... UAV, perhaps.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Great video. I tried to clean up the audio and decipher more of what the voices were saying a few months ago, but failed miserably. I can't quite understand why there's a crying baby in the background at one part.

As for the object, very mysterious. I like the popcorn idea
There are some parts in there where it looks like a jet facing toward the camera, but never seems to look much like a chopper to me. As the video progresses its shape becomes very odd and seems to be changing a lot. It reminds me a lot of the Oak Bay UFO, that's the "dude it's f*****g greeen!" video.

So is this video shot from a jet? Or a chopper? Or perhaps from a static camera on the ground? I can't tell. Because at the start of the video it seems to be static and by the end travelling upward vertically under the UFO. Also any way to tell the magnification, and when, if ever, it changes?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by markymint]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Markymint.....

Great video.

Yep.....it's very interesting

I tried to clean up the audio and decipher more of what the voices were saying a few months ago, but failed miserably. I can't quite understand why there's a crying baby in the background at one part.

I've not noticed a "crying baby" in the audio. At what point do you think you can hear that?

As for the object, very mysterious. I like the popcorn idea
There are some parts in there where it looks like a jet facing toward the camera, but never seems to look much like a chopper to me. As the video progresses its shape becomes very odd and seems to be changing a lot. It reminds me a lot of the Oak Bay UFO, that's the "dude it's f*****g greeen!" video.

The "shape changing" aspect is extremely odd.

So is this video shot from a jet? Or a chopper? Or perhaps from a static camera on the ground? I can't tell. Because at the start of the video it seems to be static and by the end travelling upward vertically under the UFO. Also any way to tell the magnification, and when, if ever, it changes?

The video is stated to be taken from automated radar ranging cameras that are used to track missiles.

Those cameras are activated by radar detection of an object.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
hi all, i still haven't had a chance to go through everything yet as ive had a very busy day but ill just throw in a couple of my throughts on what ive seen/read so far.

first of all this video is stated to be taken at nellis a.f.b which is probably one of the better known bases in the u.s.a and is also probably one of the highest security bases because of the things that go on there, so with that kept in mind i move to the next point.

on one of the links that mmn so kindly provided it states that the object was there for at least 40 minutes which for me rules out any alien or unknown phenomena because surely on a base of that level any invasion of airspace would be met with at the very least a helicopter intercept within minutes, and at the worst it would maybe have been fired on by helicopters/jets or the missile battery whos cam was locked onto it to film it.

now we've all seen these intercepts take place, for example on the area 51 documentary: dreamland.
so that leads me to only one conclusion, it was some kind of test flight that the base had full knowledge of, and going by flight characteristics i would say something like the sikorsky cypher or other vtol uav that hovers like a helicopter.

thanks

rich

[edit on 4-5-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
oh and star and flag for you maybe...maybe not, for a great video and as always for your fantastic work and for always going way above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
After watching the video for several seconds, I was this close to posting "helicopter". I was certain, that's what it was. But I watched the rest of the video and am now clearly in the "No idea" category.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
oh and star and flag for you maybe...maybe not, for a great video and as always for your fantastic work and for always going way above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful.
thanks
rich

RICH-ENGLAND.....

Thank you for your very kind & positive words.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Another member claiming to be a "trained observer" stated it is "obviously" a helicopter.....

I'd have to agree... At about 40 seconds in, you can even make out the main rotor blades...

I'd even guess that it looks like a McDonnell Douglas Scorpion light attack helicopter (of the type used in a lot of the 80's adventure shows, like Airwolf, Magnum PI, etc.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a4c89cbb58.jpg[/atsimg]

Watch the video again, with this possibility in mind, and the stated sun refraction off the blades....

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
hi all, ill just throw something else into the mix although this is probably highly unlikely, at the time this video was filmed, the RAH-66 commanche light attack and recon helicopter was far into development and had its maiden test flight about a year later, the commanche is a highly manoeuvrable helicopter that does things that others simply cannot match. could this possibly be some sort of earlier model or even just a testbed for proving concepts maybe for the tilting rotor blades that allow the commanche to fly sideways at high speed?.

ok probably way off the mark with this but just thought i would throw it in anyway so at least someone with more knowledge can disprove it.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
hi all, just got a couple more vtol uav's to throw in from the right time of this video just for people to mull over. sorry i cant provide picture links because i have no p.c at the moment and im using a playstation 3 web browser and im very limited with what i can do. but ill give the names so others can look them up or maybe some kind poster will provide pic links for me!. thanks for your understanding !. lol

GYRODYNE QH-50 DASH
MARINER/CYPHER II in winged configuration
BOMBARDIER CL-32T GUARDIAN

thanks

rich

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
hi all, just got a couple more vtol uav's to throw in from the right time of this video just for people to mull over. sorry i cant provide picture links because i have no p.c at the moment and im using a playstation 3 web browser and im very limited with what i can do. but ill give the names so others can look them up or maybe some kind poster will provide pic links for me!. thanks for your understanding !. lol

GYRODYNE QH-50 DASH
MARINER/CYPHER II in winged configuration

thanks

rich
just to add a source as i couldn't edit for some reason: www.vtol.org...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND…..

Thank you again for your suggestions.

GYRODYNE QH-50 DASH

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/082c2c26e946.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/395f0ce6e418.jpg[/atsimg]

www.gyrodynehelicopters.com...

The UFO was filmed during 1994. This does not correlate with the Gyrodyne QH-50 Dash.

”DASH operations ceased fleet wide on November 30, 1970”

www.gyrodynehelicopters.com...

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the size of the UFO: Height = 11.6m + or - 3.5; width = 12.3m ± 3.7. This does not correlate with the Gyrodyne QH-50 Dash.

Gyrodyne QH-50 Dash Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1969-70

General characteristics:

Length: 12 ft 11 in (3.94 m)
Rotor diameter: 20 ft 0 in (6.10 m)
Height: 9 ft 8½ in (2.96 m)
Disc area: 314.2 ft² (29.2 m²)
Empty weight: 1,154 lb (524 kg)
Max takeoff weight: 2,285 lb (1,036 kg)
Powerplant: 1× Boeing T50-BO-8A turboshaft, 300 hp (224 kW)

en.wikipedia.org...

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the speed of the UFO: Cruising speed when tracked = 167 – 207 knots This does not correlate with the Gyrodyne QH-50 Dash.

Gyrodyne QH-50 Dash Data from Jane's All The World's Aircraft 1969-70

Performance:

Maximum speed: 80 knots (92 mph, 148 km/h)
Cruise speed: 50 knots (58 mph, 93 km/h)
Range: 71 nmi (82 mi, 132 km)
Service ceiling: 16,400 ft (5,000 m)
Rate of climb: 1,880 ft/min (9.6 m/s)

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

RICH-ENGLAND…..

MARINER/CYPHER II IN WINGED CONFIGURATION

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b301e22014b2.jpg[/atsimg]

Sikorsky’s MARINER (MARIne-Navy Extended-range Reconnaissance) UAV was developed in conjunction with General Dynamics Information Systems. No technical specifications of the MARINER have been released, however the proposal was reportedly based on a growth version of the Cypher II (shown). Also known as the Dragon Warrior, the Cypher II was recently selected by the US Marines for testing UAV operating concepts and payloads.

www.vtol.org...

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the size of the UFO: Height = 11.6m + or - 3.5; width = 12.3m ± 3.7. This does not correlate with the Cypher 2.

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the speed of the UFO: Cruising speed when tracked = 167 – 207 knots This does not correlate with the Cypher 2.

Two Cypher II prototypes have been built for the US Marine Corps, which calls the UAV "Dragon Warrior". The Cypher II is similar in size to its predecessor, but has a pusher propeller in addition to its rotor and can be fitted with wings for long-range reconnaissance missions. In its winged configuration, the Cypher II has a range of over 185 kilometers (115 miles) and a top speed of 230 km/h (145 mph). It is unclear if the Cypher will enter into production.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The blades on a helicopter would be much more visible if it were perhaps some kind of helicopter, especially after seeing so many clips of FLIR camera footage of helicopter missions from Iraq and how they look at night through IR. I'm leaning towards some kind of secret UAV being tested as I would imagine if it were a helicopter those radar operators should be able to tell so right away...

Or it could be something else, perhaps the same thing checking out all the U.S. nuclear missile sites over the years.

It could also be popcorn, LMFAO! Too funny.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

RICH-ENGLAND…..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9d4796a42c5.jpg[/atsimg]

The CL-327 Guardian, an improved version of the CL-227 Sentinel, benefits from a developmental history that dates as far back as 1964. The Sentinel participated in the Navy MAVUS programs in the mid 1990s, with several demonstration flights culminating in a final demo at sea, landing on the USS Vandegrift and making several automatic approaches. A modified Sentinel, known as the Puma, was proposed to the US military for its TUAV program in 1996. The Guardian entered low rate production in 1996, with one system currently on short-term lease to the Royal Australian Army. The Guardian was one of three UAV systems selected to participate in the Navy VTOL UAV demonstration program in 1998. More than 50 hours of successful flights were completed, despite an accident in June 1998 when a fuel tank separated from the aircraft, causing fuel starvation and subsequent loss of the aircraft. Further technical problems have since plagued the vehicle, delaying planned shipborne tests until late 1999. Concern over the Guardian’s ability to meet the speed, payload, and endurance criteria prompted Bombardier to withdraw from the Navy VTUAV competition in September 1999.

www.vtol.org...

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the size of the UFO: Height = 11.6m + or - 3.5; width = 12.3m ± 3.7. This does not correlate with the CL-327 Guardian.

The report I posted provides the following estimate of the speed of the UFO: Cruising speed when tracked = 167 – 207 knots This does not correlate with the CL-327 Guardian.

The CL-327 Guardian is powered by a 125 shp Williams WTS117-5 turboshaft engine, which drives 13 ft diameter counter-rotating rotors. Gross takeoff weight is 772 lb, with an empty weight of 331 lb. Maximum endurance is reported at 6.25 hours, and the maximum cruise speed is given as 85 kt.

www.vtol.org...

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Strange movement explantion (video example). In Finland we had "finnish officers ufo-video". They was testing army ir-camera. A man who was there testing told that these objects was satellites and one object could be same place all the time. High-zoom and camera control system could make object rotate, moving fast. I dont know Nellis case, maybe there was radar information etc.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Its definitely not a Helicopter.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

thanks for your efforts again mmn, i will keep digging but this time i will have time to check the data against the data from the video, last time i just had a quick look and found a couple that were around in the timeframe with similar flight characteristics.

im quite convinced that its some kind of vtol uav for the reasons i stated in an earlier post but obviously anything we come up with could be totally wrong and would be near impossible to prove!.

thanks

rich

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think a member asked about the sound of a "baby crying" in the video? I do believe that's an alert siren of some type going off, perhaps something to do with the craft invading area51's airspace?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hande

i like your reasoning on that, i do think sometimes the camera can make things look like they are moving more and faster than they actually are, but i have no idea on to what lengths the video in question has been analysed to determine what optical illusions we are getting.

yes i believe mmn stated that it was picked up on radar but i don't know if any radar data is available.

thanks

rich

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join