It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and the E-psychiatrists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that around 50 percent of the members here are e-psychiatrists, an overwhelming amount to say the least. An e-psychiatrist makes it his duty to point out your mental shortcoming, concluded upon with the few words in your posts as evidence, and nothing more. I will give an example:
Person A: In that other thread person z brought up the fact that nasa has discovered the sun to be blah blah blah

Person B: That was 6 months ago, and is no longer relevant. You appear to have a tendency to cling to the past.

me: lolwut?

It's absurd to see that every thread that makes it to the ats headlines, ALL 4, will be riddled with these people, something like 1 in 10 posts, 1 per page, etc, rough estimate. And yes, I actually looked, I'm not pulling numbers from nowhere, just look at any headlined thread and count yourself.

Here's a thorough list of e-psychiatrist scenarios, you will find these all to be very familiar since we witness these scenarios played out in every thread on ats

Subject mentions an old argument as evidence in a new argument. /////// Subject has issues with clinging to the past.

Subject posts "lol" or "+1" a lot. //////////////////////////////////////////////// Subject is too mentally retarded to write a correct sentence or likes to suck up on others.

Subject says "I have a strong personality."////////////////////////////////// Subject was beaten by parents as a child.

Subject supports "peace and love" and wants people to "stop fighting all across the world."//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Subject has no sense of perspective and little understanding of anything more complicated than children's books.

Subject brings up obscure theory in seemingly irrelevant thread (telekinesis in a quantum theory thread, reptillians, greys, aliens, in a thread about US govt policy etc)//////////subject is a tin hat

Ok obviously this is a for fun thread, learn to laugh at yourselves. You gotta admit we see a lot of this stuff on here on a daily basis. This is also a mock thread. Lately, 1 in 4 threads in the headlined discussions will be someone, claiming to be an ats long timer, unsatisfied with all the 'noobs' with their bad manners. talk of revolution on an alternative/conspiracy site? I'll not have it! You would actually be doing me a big favor to NOT star and flag this, to let this thread die and melt into the oblivion of interweb forum threads. The truth hurts at first, it's painfully obvious. Especially when it's about a person themselves. Who wants to hear about their short coming from a complete stranger? Who is THAT person to ridicule me?! The subject must be an elitist with major problems of his own!

See the mentality around here? Not very healthy in the least. It's as though if I've come across a group of 100 people. Now these people are all at peace with one another, very kind, forgiving, and willing to stick their necks out there and bust butt to get things done for their neighbor. I see this and I say to one of them; 'you know you really seem to be the head dog in all this. youre superior physically, mentally, behaviorally etc. He agrees with me.

Well another one has overheard all this and jumps in: hey! I'm just as good as him! In fact, I'm even smarter! Person 3 chimes in: I could beat the both of ya at anything!

And so it is here on ats. Person 1: I know all these obscure theories that no one else does. Dulce, moon people, lizard men, dead beatles, obama the pharaoh clone, the pope is satanic!!!!1111!1! person 2: oh yea? I have an uncle that works at area 51!

So do yourselves and your race and all the other species on this rock a favor, grow up, but don't be jaded. laugh at yourself, but don't be uselessly and unnecessarily competitive, it leads nowhere but bickering and freezes true progress. Can hardly get any real research and discussion here anymore, too much fighting between the info. Signal to noise ratio is very bad. End rant

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

Surely you mean E-psychologists?
What's wrong with you?

See the mentality around here? Not very healthy in the least.

Oh boy ... did you just ...

[edit on 3 Jan 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

Sometimes A-Holes do not realize they are being A-Holes. I am sure a little reminder in a U2U that they are being an A-Hole might do some good. As long as rhetoric is left out of the thread all should be well. And if you send them a U2U to tell them they are being a bit A-Holish, It can be done in a positive way.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
lol it seems pretty hard to call someone an a-hole in a positive manner, unless you don't actually say the word itself and subtly imply it.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
reply to post by chi_z

Sometimes A-Holes do not realize they are being A-Holes. I am sure a little reminder in a U2U that they are being an A-Hole might do some good. As long as rhetoric is left out of the thread all should be well. And if you send them a U2U to tell them they are being a bit A-Holish, It can be done in a positive way.

GET IT : "WE ARE ALL A-HOLES"

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chi_z
Person A: In that other thread person z brought up the fact that nasa has discovered the sun to be blah blah blah

Person B: That was 6 months ago, and is no longer relevant. You appear to have a tendency to cling to the past.

me: lolwut?

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No, really. I've said this before but sometimes I'll see a thread or a post that's absolutely ridiculous. Like, uhhh let me think of something fictional that is close to one that would do it... "Those supporting climate change are monkeys sent by the terrorists!" or not even so extreme, but anything like that... and something in my head goes "YOU'RE FACE is a monkey sent by the terrorists."

It happens on like, 10% of all threads/posts. Consider that a syndrome.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

lol it seems pretty hard to call someone an a-hole in a positive manner, unless you don't actually say the word itself and subtly imply it.

It's not that hard ...

Though, on a serious note, it seems a lot easier and sensible to just let everyone just be and go on about our own business.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

"YOU'RE FACE is a monkey sent by the terrorists."

I've done something like that before in a thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Recently I posted in a thread and was accosted by an irate member saying that I was a loser, was of touch and basically worthless.

Well.......from that post I received an applause and received an addiional 500 points! HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Goes to show you that you can not please everyone.

BTW, when your mad at someone, talk to them (or don't talk to them) like your grandmother did when she got mad at you. Works everytime.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

It's not that hard ...

Though, on a serious note, it seems a lot easier and sensible to just let everyone just be and go on about our own business.

*Thanks for that link, I missed that thread. Hilarious! (maybe one word sentences should be added to the list)

I called someone "wacky" (not an ATS member) on another thread, do you think I need therapy, or just counseling?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great point OP!!!

I often wonder why people bother posting those types of comments at all. It's not like we are forced to read things we are not interested in or things we do not agree with. If I don't like it or have constructive critisism to add to a thread then I might as well just walk away. And I don't need to tell anyone else that I'm doing it either I just 'quietly' click may way out of the conversation.

But that's just me. (Add you psycho analysis conclusion here if you like)

S&F for an important topic.

[edit on 3/1/2010 by IAmD1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

"YOU'RE FACE is a monkey sent by the terrorists."

I've done something like that before in a thread.

Those both made me laugh.
I've read things before where I thought that too...
Although I've never done it.

Nice thread

I've only be got by these people once or twice, but it helps if you just shrug it off doesn't it? They're just idiots

new topics

top topics

join