It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hello from Scotland, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
hi everyone

first thing i have to say is what a fantastic looking site, well laid out, logically laid out, i suspect it's a conspiracy to get more folk to join ... see what i did there

okay so a rubbish opening joke but hopefully won't result in me being blocked! i don't profess to be a conspiracy theorist, actually i'm probably more of a virgin/novice than an expert, but i come to this site with a truly open mind.

i'm based in bonnie scotland (currently snowing!) and look forward to posting and reading as often as possible. i've found something whilst trawling youtube tonight and it has me intrigued but to be honest i'll refrain from posting a link for now in case it's something and nothing!

cheeky chappie

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Welcome m8, I live in Scotland too, so good to have another one here, hang a round, this site will blow your mind

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine
Welcome m8, I live in Scotland too, so good to have another one here, hang a round, this site will blow your mind

cheers, i'm east coast and at present (11pm) it's snowing quite heavily, was just starting to clear up as well!! yeah i hope to stick around, plenty of sections to get stuck into, will take me months to get up to speed!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Welcome, from a fellow Scot. I'm from the East coast too, although not there anymore.

This site is great. Enjoy!

g.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cheeky_chappie

Guid day 'n' welcome aboard ...

Enjoy th' sights 'n' soonds 'n' let us ken if yi''ll need ony hulp finding yer wey around.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yer, you should feel at home here, there are quite a lot of you Scots knocking around this place.

All our snow has gone

Keep on keeping on and remember, don't believe the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Welcome, again from another Scot, west coast. Advice?? there is so much to learn from so many knowledgeable people. Dont let it go to waste, have fun, be serious when you need to be and keep an open mind.

Respects

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hello and welcome, I'm east Scotland too. Still snowing heavily

Stick around this site, it will blow your mind

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Welcome from the Mojave Desert. You're going to enjoy your participation in the ATS community. BTW, I am a huge fan of your number one export. Anything with the word "Glen" on the bottle label is okay by me!

yak055h

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
hi from Scotland to, Im In Dundee, Snowing heavily here too, welcome to the site !

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Welcome mate I am a weedgie living in Dalkeith and am snowed in at the moment. Sick of the snow
I think you will enjoy the place I visit every day and as much as there is a lot of madness and crackpots there is some really eye opening stuff.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
guys, i have a minor emergency and i've only just joined!!! please advise. i created my account with username cheeky_chappie and used what i thought was one of my active email accounts, however when i created the account i used .co.uk at the end of the email syntax and should have been .com!! end result, although i got logged straight in when i registered, i've since logged out and couldn't log back in because i used an erroneous email account (but one which must be live as it worked!)

so i've had to create another account with correct email to post this. who do i inform to make the cheeky_chappie account inactive? they'll have received a welcome email and i don't want them posting and folk thinking it's me if that makes sense.

HELP

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Send a PM to one of the mods looking after this thread m8...Sauron, spacedoubt, Spiderj, Jbird, kosmicjack, gimme_some_truth
They should be able to help you.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cheeky_chappie_uk

at the bottom of every post there's an "alert" linkie ... click on the one on your first post on this thread and describe what the issue is.

when you "alert" all of staff gets to see it, one of them will surely assist you.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Cheeky.

Nice to have a fellow scot along side all the other fellow scots. Hope you enjoy yourself here at ATS.

Join in, keep an open mind and enjoy yourself.

Make sure you keep the whiskey bottle out of reach before posting

[edit on 2/1/2010 by macr59]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thanks guys, i'll contact one of the mods

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheeky_chappie_uk
thanks guys, i'll contact one of the mods

Every once in a while check the top of the page next to "member tools" for a little red U2U light ... that's what the PM system is called on ATS and if it showing red it means someone has sent you a message. In this case, it could be a moderator trying to contact you.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
No need to send u2u, I've notified the other mods. Please, stand by

Edit to add:
And by that, I mean that my "super-powers" are useless on this matter. I've alerted the higher-ups

[edit on 2 Jan 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, sure are a lot of Scots on this board nowadays!

Good to have you with us Cheeky.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

A welcome from County Down, Cheeky.

top topics

join