It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting At Home Of Mohammed Cartoonist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I don't call his cartoons a hoax, the "assault" is meant!
BTW, I don't believe these cartoons were published because of free speech but to provoke! Westervoort knew he was in trouble before publishing these cartoons.
If I go to a mosque during a mess and I call Mohammed a goat......
it isn't free speech but insulting, and that is exactly what Westervoort did.
He should be prosecuted for disturbing peace and provoking terrorism!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In a way his cartoon were truthfull.

plain and simple.....this just shows it.

weird how these nutt cases are flooding into countries all over.

Ill spare my true feeling here anyways how I feel about this trash.

huggs everyone

[edit on 2-1-2010 by amyfriend]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It's not a "HOAX". Denmark do have free press, a sometimes satiric sense of humour.
Anyways, this is a press release postet at the official site of the
PET

PRESS RELEASE

A 28-year-old Somalian man with residence permit in Denmark has been arrested this evening as he, armed with an axe and a knife, penetrated into the house of the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard in Aarhus. In relation with the arrest the police fired shots at the perpetrator who was hit in the knee and the hand.

The arrested person is charged with attempted assasination of the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard and a police officer on duty.

It is PET's impression that the attempted assasination of the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard is terror related. According to PET's information the arrested person has close relations to the Somalian terror organisation al-Shabaab and al-Qaida leaders in East Africa, and he is also suspected of having been involved in terror related activities during his stay in East Africa. The arrested person has as well been part of a terror related network with connection to Denmark. For some time this network has been subject of PET's investigation without, however, this having any relation to the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard.

In connection with the arrest, Director General of PET, Jakob Scharf states:

"PET views this matter very seriously. It once again confirms the terror threat directed towards Denmark and particularly towards the cartoonist Kurt Westergaard. The security measures which have been taken to protect Kurt Westergaard have proved efficient, and on this background it has been possible to prevent the assault on Kurt Westergaard. This specific case emphasizes the importance of supplementing PET's continuous surveillance and investigation against terror related networks with efficient security measures in relation to potential terror targets".

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by unicorn1

I don't call his cartoons a hoax, the "assault" is meant!
BTW, I don't believe these cartoons were published because of free speech but to provoke! Westervoort knew he was in trouble before publishing these cartoons.
If I go to a mosque during a mess and I call Mohammed a goat......
it isn't free speech but insulting, and that is exactly what Westervoort did.
He should be prosecuted for disturbing peace and provoking terrorism!

Denmark don't work by sharia law and we don't prosecute people.
I believe this guy already payed the highest price, as he no longer can live a "normal" life.
Also i'm pleased to say that the "average" muslims i know, don't share that feeling of hatred and seek for "revenge". So i don't think you talk for all muslims and that all muslims share you're opinion. It's you're subjective opinion and you're right to have you're free opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Yeah, free press...

It's just the version of reality "they" want you to see.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You have to wonder about the state of mind of the people who want to kill the cartoonist over his work. I mean for Christ's sake no sane person would try to kill another human being over a cartoon! I'm afraid its a sad pattern inherent in Islam. Of course people will have some reservations at the very least about Muslims if they act like this. I am glad the Danish police did not kill the man - the radicals would have used that as an excuse to massacre a few dozen people no doubt.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Denmark used to be one of the best places in the world to live, culturally and socially.

The Muslim hordes moved in and fully exploited the fair-mindedness and liberalism of the populace.

Politicians were easily extorted into accomodating a minority that knew how to gain what they wanted through intimidation. Now the majority Danes are being held captive in their own homes. Violence, sexual crimes and theft are rampant. The generous government subsidies for the poor are being abused and draining the economy. Soon the numbers of the Muslim minority will become a strong political force and further diminish the freedoms of choice and quality of life for everyone in the country.

Brain dead or bought off politicians tolerate the devastation of their society out of weakness and fear. A grim warning of what can happen when people are overly compliant that other countries should heed.

M

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Denmark used to be one of the best places in the world to live, culturally and socially.

The Muslim hordes moved in and fully exploited the fair-mindedness and liberalism of the populace.

Politicians were easily extorted into accomodating a minority that knew how to gain what they wanted through intimidation. Now the majority Danes are being held captive in their own homes. Violence, sexual crimes and theft are rampant. The generous government subsidies for the poor are being abused and draining the economy. Soon the numbers of the Muslim minority will become a strong political force and further diminish the freedoms of choice and quality of life for everyone in the country.

Brain dead or bought off politicians tolerate the devastation of their society out of weakness and fear. A grim warning of what can happen when people are overly compliant that other countries should heed.

M

[edit on 2-1-2010 by mmiichael]

This is a good post. You can see the situation you describe in a more extreme form in the UK and to be honest if the government will do its utmost to give everything to the Muslim population we hardly blame them for taking it even thought its wrong.

The town i live in 10 years ago was about 80 20 native to foreign, its now at least 50 50 or 40 60 the other way. You know its bad when 14% of children in England don't speak English as their primary language

link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Yeah, free press...

It's just the version of reality "they" want you to see.

I'm confused now. You mean the cartoons or the attempted assasination ?
The press release i postet is not from a "craploid". It's from the Danish Security and Intelligence Service website

link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Does anyone remember the fiasco after the cartoons were published? There were worldwide riots. In fact I believe people died. Perhaps these were a figment of peoples imagination.

I'm pretty sure that quite a bit of money was put on this guys head also... So any one who killed him had that incentive - even if the money ended up going to their family's.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

This is exactly the same what happened in the Netherlands.
That's exactly why I use the word Hoax in this thread. Because do you really think that the same sociological/demographic/terroristic developments are a coincidence?

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well, both are staged just like 911 and therefore hoaxes.
It's all about creating fear, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Those Muslim hordes would disagree about Denmark being the best place in the world, which is why they want change.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
You can see the situation you describe in a more extreme form in the UK and to be honest if the government will do its utmost to give everything to the Muslim population we hardly blame them for taking it even thought its wrong.

The town i live in 10 years ago was about 80 20 native to foreign, its now at least 50 50 or 40 60 the other way. You know its bad when 14% of children in England don't speak English as their primary language

I lived in England for many years, am now in Canada. Going the same direction here but we have more backbone.

Britain is particularly bad because the Saudis have targeted it as their escape new home when their corrupt regime finally implodes. Property, news sources, politicians, academic institutions have been bought one by one.

Western people have become so conditioned to being afraid of saying "No" they get walked all over by people who are trained to prey on softness.

Britain was built up into the major cultural, social, intellectual force over a period of 500 years. It will be brought down in less than 50.

The only hope for a respite I see is the malign forces becoming overconfident and overstepping the boundaries of acceptability. There could be a severe backlash. The signs are there

Unfortunately this will involve violence. People who see this as inevitable and have the resources are fleeing countries in droves. We hear a lot about immigration but little about emigration.

Canada as become a beneficiary of what's called "white flight" I won't elaborate as it would be deemed Politically Incorrect by the watching eyes. But those reading with awareness can figure it out. It's not about race or religion - it's about culture and values.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I used to live in Denmark in the town called Odense. Which was the most peaceful place I have ever been in with absolutely no violence. With the Arrival of groups from Somalia Odense quickly went down the tube. I remember sitting in a club owned by a friend which was constantly broken into by the Somali gangs. They then asked us who are the heaviest people in town so we told them where the local Hells Angels club house was. They stoned this and obviously the Angels didn't take it lying down. The result of which was Odense went from a beautiful place to live to a gangland.
Right or wrong I cannot imagain a group of Danes moving to Somalia, asking where the local pirates are then all heading down there armed to the teeth.
As for this being a Hoax or Staged I cannnot believe it the Danes would do this. They really do pride themselves on their society and especially Freedom of Speach. I can see Pia K having a field day about this one and If I still lived in Denmark I would now be tempted to vote for her......

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by druid1

Well, the Danish don't want this, just like the Dutch.
If you would write your post in a German forum, you would have been banned immediately for racism and accused of being a extreme right wing Neo-Nazi.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

How do you know what the Danes want? I am definately no Neo Nazi - I was only reporting my experience of when I lived in Denmark and one of the reasons why I left. A good analogy would be that if Denmark was a swimming pool then someone just took a dump in it. Do you really support people who wish to kill other people for drawing a cartoon. I see nothing racist in my post at all just the facts as I see them and since we are not under muslim law in the uk or dk then I am entitled to my opinion. Denmark is Famous for Bacon and Beer - Why would a muslim want to live there?????

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

there probably still pissed over Kurt Westergaard last cartoon
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40e9c7bb32d5.jpg[/atsimg]

"Stop, stop. We have run out of virgins."

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Funny how the news doesn't report any of the good things that muslim people do.

There are a billion muslims, you hear about the very select few who are crazy.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Funny how the news doesn't report any of the good things that muslim people do.

There are a billion muslims, you hear about the very select few who are crazy.

WRONG. There are not a few crazies. Instead there are millions who live and believe strict Sharia Law.
What you are witnessing are the few crazies who pave the way for the droves of others who march in and take up residence to instill Sharia Law in lands that had freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join