It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting At Home Of Mohammed Cartoonist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Shooting At Home Of Mohammed Cartoonist

news.sky.com

Danish police have shot a man trying to break into the home of a controversial cartoonist armed with an axe.

A 27-year-old Somalian was wounded in the incident at the Aarhus home of Kurt Westergaard, who drew cartoons of Islam's prophet Mohammed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hmmm, a little interesting story... They have been after this guys head for ages now... I thought it was mostly talk but clearly not.

Looks like the police keep a close eye on this guy (the cartoonist) prob not round the clock armed guard any more but it sounds like he has some personal alarm set up that will bring them running..

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Do you know what i think?

That people should grow up!!!

All this fuss over a cartoon.... come on.... how old are you?

EDIT:I'm not saying to the OP grow up... i'm talking about the followers of Mohammed

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Does it really surprise you???

Another example of the religion of peace and love.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Does it really surprise you???

Another example of the religion of peace and love.

No... it doesn't surprise me at all.... everyday there is something happening in the news which is related to Islam whether it is a bombing, a suicide bombing, an attempted bombing, a crazed lunatic etc etc.... only have to look at the breaking news forum on ATS to see this

[edit on 1-1-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
We are going to have the 'it's just the minority' crowd on next. Well just in advance, I'd like to point out that probably most of us realise that. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Islam is fairly unique in it's fanatical following.
Ah but it's not the real muslims, some will say. But the fact is this sort of thing is being done in the name of Islam. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.
It was 4 years ago ffs.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by unicorn1]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The perp was shot in the leg. Maybe as these guys enter the court systems more muslims will learn what the laws are of countries outside the OIC and that Sharia Law is not a worldwide accepted law. Too bad that the education has to come with someone getting hurt, threats, and most of the time death.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
double post. sorry.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by JJay55]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yup, the Muslims can do no wrong brigade will be here soon. Funny how the Muslims have more apologists on here than any other group. Can't believe how blind some of these people are.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Yup, the Muslims can do no wrong brigade will be here soon. Funny how the Muslims have more apologists on here than any other group. Can't believe how blind some of these people are.

It's their job. As part of hiraba they will do what they can to put the infidel in their place. Well I don't have a place that muslims can dictate to me and those apologists can kiss my free speech buttt. I have zero tolerance for Sharia Law in my land.

Next you will see increased methods to create fear among non-muslims with more acts of violence against our freedoms. While the UK seems to be caving I'm so glad to see the cartoonist still remains unscared. I feel bad that his life is inconvenienced by these basstards.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We are giving muslims the benefit of the doubt by attributing such behavior as "radical extremists" and not a majority view....but i think we are just being politically correct at our own peril

Has ANYONE heard any major muslim representative speak out against the violence perpetrated against the US or any place else?

Whe we realize that it's people who kill other people, we will start profiling at airports and stop looking for the weapons...it's people that carry the weapons..

They have one thing in common...they are all mostly muslims ..apparently supported by their leaders or they would have spoken out against it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
We are giving muslims the benefit of the doubt by attributing such behavior as "radical extremists" and not a majority view....but i think we are just being politically correct at our own peril

Has ANYONE heard any major muslim representative speak out against the violence perpetrated against the US or any place else?

Whe we realize that it's people who kill other people, we will start profiling at airports and stop looking for the weapons...it's people that carry the weapons..

They have one thing in common...they are all mostly muslims ..apparently supported by their leaders or they would have spoken out against it.

Yeah but since we went it go on so long by being politically correct now there are thousands that will attempt to participate. Infiltration took place from 2001-2009. Next step will include instilling fear with attacks in malls, airports, and places we generally frequent. From that point conquest is right around the corner.

Only if we immediately have zero tolerance will a change happen. But I'm afraid it's too late and individual survival methods will have to be used.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A few points:

1) Obviously Islam houses puerile people who are generally adverse to civilization. This is no secret as they broadcast their insanity for millions to see almost daily.

2) It does not one any good to over-react to situations such as these and call for ridiculous and dangerous legal solutions. It is not being a Muslim apologist to seek not punishment of all for the actions of a relative few.

3) Islam must learn that the western world isn't as passive as it might like to believe. We did not get to our current position through big smiles and warm handshakes.

Push to hard, go to far, and they will surely find out exactly how savage the civilized world can be.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I wonder if the cartoonist knows someone is using his work as a logo?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I wonder if the cartoonist knows someone is using his work as a logo?

Who knows.

I, on the other hand, rather enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Free speech 1 - Radical Islam 0

Fair play to the police for their hasty response and even better they didn't kill the son of a bitch, one less excuse for radicals.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I reckon the poor guy was shot somewhere else and "dumped" at the cartoon guys house. Its a wash job.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I call HOAX!
Maybe he just tried to break in to steel stuff. I mean, who or what do you want to terrorize with an hammer (as Dutch media reports)?

The Dutch media also reports the cartoonist hid in his bathroom which is his safe-room as well. The egocentric MORON left a 5 year old kid in the house without caring about its safety.

Westervoort -10000
Somalian intruder -10
A lose, lose situation!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What on earth are you on regenstorm? Seriously, hoax?
Does anyone remember the fiasco after the cartoons were published? There were worldwide riots. In fact I believe people died. Perhaps these were a figment of peoples imagination. Or holographic riots ha ha.
Maybe you were just like 10 years old at the time. Well do your research before showing yourself up.
There were death threats on our TV screens for all to see. There have been death threats since. Which is why the safe room was installed.
But of course, none of the above happened and this axe wielding fundamentalist was just there to steal (note spelling) stuff.
Hello, earth calling regenstorm..
I reckon one way to deal with this nutter would be to put him in a cell with a pig or force feed him bacon sandwiches.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by unicorn1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join