It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea calls for end to hostile relations with US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Kim is dying fast. His son has no power base or personal loyalties. Probably even the higher ups hate the family. A cabal of wealthy patrons, generals, maybe Chinese agents, are almost for certain pulling the strings in North Korea by now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee3c836b7b2e.png[/atsimg]

Exactly.

Let's not ignore the puppet master.
He is simply trying to save face before [The End]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Let's not ignore the puppet master.
He is simply trying to save face before [The End]

NK is tricky for China. They really don't want it. Just another poor ailing province for them to subsidize.

They've been keeping it alive to prevent 20 Million starving Koreans from flooding across their border.

A real tough nut place, NK, with no happy ending. Destined to be horribly poor and disfigured for decades.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Destroy them? How do you propose we do that? They have over 10,000 pieces of artillery aimed at Seoul. That city would be a page in history before you could blink an eye.

N.K. doesn't need nukes to keep us at bay, the program is there to ensure Kim's heir stays in power. When Kim's father passed and Kim took the throne to the kingdom, he institued his military first policy. This ensured he stayed in power.

When Kim's son takes the throne, he can take credit for resolving the nuke issue and establishing "peace" in the region, ensuring he stays in power. This is what this is all about. 15 minutes of research with Google will show this to you.

It's been a game from the go, and it's not about getting anything from the U.S. or the world, its meant for internal consumption - it's about keeping the regime alive after Kim passes on.

Edit: Sorry for poor spelling, still on my first cup of Joe for the morning!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by crisko]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
reply to post by Carseller4

Destroy them? How do you propose we do that? They have over 10,000 pieces of artillery aimed at Seoul. That city would be a page in history before you could blink an eye.

Those days are almost gone man.

Traditional artillery such as that employed by North Korea is ancient at best, and will prove to be a simple target for artillery defense systems.

Welcome to the future of warfare.

This is why North Korea wants peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I highly doubt that we have the assets in place to respond to over 50,000 shells coming in within a 10 minute window.

Of course, if you have facts stating otherwise I will stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Lil' Kimmie might not be around for another decade so I'm sure there's a lot of pressure to get things in order- starting with U.S. relations. I'm sure they want to be on our good side rather than bad side. This is great but if there was the same call for ending of hostile relations with South Korea I'd be more inclined to believe it was out of good intentions rather than wanting to be buddy buddy with us in case SHTF one day over there.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Two things north korea could do that would end hostile relation.

One would be to return the USS Pueblo (AGER-2) just call; the US government and tell them to come and get it, No questions not preconditions.
Two would be to stand down there military on the border.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join