It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for Global History section in ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I was thinking if it's possible to have a section about human history. In such a section only topics relating to personality, events, different sects. etc of people are put in. We all have our own history and can put down in writing in threads...many people research historical events, personalities and would be a good addition to ATS. Just imagine the amount of debate and versions of history that will be brought in.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions to improve if such a section is created or would it be a total waste?

Edited for spelling error

[edit on 1-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Do you mean something like a forum opposite of Ancient Civilizations where only mediaeval period forward is focused on and talked about?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Yes, not talking about Neanderthal man or ancient civilisations but the periods of 1600 -1900. The history like Modern history of the period following the Middle Ages.

History like rise of Europe, 19th century history, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Holy Roman and Mughal empires, the industrial revolution, Victorian era, famous and infamous personalities like Abraham Lincoln, Billy The Kid, Jack The Ripper, Sarah Bernhardt, Jose Rizal, history of events like Great Depression, First World War, 2nd World War etc.

These things do not fall into ancient civilisations but these are our closest history.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I'm with you on this! I made the same suggestion a year ago in a nearly identical thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've no doubt it could be a success - I suppose it's just a question of whether the 3 amigos would be for it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I must admit that the idea holds a lot of personal appeal . Based on my experiences elements of such discussions have taken place with members off line from ATS via email or Skype . Maybe you find something similar will or has happened to you .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
But its open to misuse. As long as we are all aware that is.

If you understand like wikipedia, people coming here writing about history will lead to open propaganda.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It all depends on what exactly is being proposed . If its purely research then then the research forum is ready available .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thank you all for your views.

reply to post by andy1033

I agree it is open to misuse and think it can get tedious as well for members and even mods. It's like a pandora box.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
History is often re-written by those who hold the power to do so. In such cases, the people who do the editing are guilty of conspiracy.

Because of that, I think a History forum on ATS is a worthwhile addition. Bringing the subject up in The ATS Issues or ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future threads might be a way to get the attention of the administrators.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
An example - the 'history' of Diego Garcia.

Only one of many recent instances.

The further we go back in history, the more audacious governments seem to be since they rely on the ignorance of their populations merely by suppression of information.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
History is often re-written by those who hold the power to do so. In such cases, the people who do the editing are guilty of conspiracy.

Because of that, I think a History forum on ATS is a worthwhile addition. Bringing the subject up in The ATS Issues or ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future threads might be a way to get the attention of the administrators.

Ugh..silly me I totally missed that. I should have posted in that thread instead of creating new one.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Please direct your suggestions to the ongoing discussion:

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join