It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul suggests 'agenda' to expand terror war, attack American liberty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I Totally agree with you .. i also think ALL drugs should be Legal .. (Or at least apply the AMSTERDAM way) ..

I also agree that the WAR or DRUGS is BS ..

But .. drug smugglers work for "The Bad Guys", drugs give money to WARS (Yeah including THE US'), Gangs and all the other scum of the earth , that is why i think drug smugglers should be detain before they (or their boss) profits from the drugs they smuggle ..

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

AND YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO POST

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I Wish .. i have been out of work for Two months ..

If someone (Both the left and the right) wants to pay me to post their propaganda .. please contact me .. I NEED THE MONEY..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
All this extra security is a waste of time, do you know why, this man was allowed onto a airplane WITHOUT a passport, if they had just held to that basic security protocol he would never have made it on board.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
reply to post by predator0187

I Totally agree with you .. i also think ALL drugs should be Legal .. (Or at least apply the AMSTERDAM way) ..

I also agree that the WAR or DRUGS is BS ..

But .. drug smugglers work for "The Bad Guys", drugs give money to WARS (Yeah including THE US'), Gangs and all the other scum of the earth , that is why i think drug smugglers should be detain before they (or their boss) profits from the drugs they smuggle ..

But that's what I am saying in the first place. Security shouldn't be the issue. Yes people smuggle drugs but if drugs were legal it would not be smuggling, unless your bringing back some good stuff.

The bad guys are only the bad guys because drugs are illegal, what would they do if the were illegal? They wouldn't be rich or powerful. I would much rather have drugs being smuggled on a commercial airliner then on a little charter boat where the guys get killed when they do the drop. When it goes underground is when the trouble happens.

As for Gangs, most people in gangs are from a poverty lifestyle, and with American culture informing all of our kids that money is what makes us great they will look for and easy way to get it. Kids figure they can make a lot of money for a little work, sounds perfect. Then they get in and realize that they are nothing, making no money and then they can't get out. To blame gang bangers is the wrong thing. They are just like us but just jaded with a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The ones to blame is the government. If they would do something about poverty rather than money maybe we could get somewhere. If we made drugs legal and gave the money spent on the war on drugs to struggling people who cannot provide food for their family, gangs would cease to exist. The only thing left to form gangs would be racism, which is a whole other story.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
OP, another reason why people need to listen to the only Common Sense man left in Government today.

As for everyone else, in the last couple of days I have ignored several folks.

It makes life here on ATS a much better place to visit and discuss things without the mindnumbing propaganda that comes from totally lost individuals.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I believe Ron's deeper, perhaps unstated, point is that the government measures in airports are a taste of what is to come as we walk down the street, board a bus, a subway, or walk in a park. Our voluntary acceptance of searches on demand, federal security forces, surveillance, and the like in an airport are but a preview of what can follow in our cities.

My greatest fear is not another airline disaster: it is a fear of a real disaster in a park or a mall. That will be the fulcrum point of our civil liberties. As has been pointed out, we can choose not to fly. Will the same argument be made if we must consent to random searches of person and property before strolling through a park or shopping in a mall?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Although I generally agree with him on almost everything I don't really agree here.

"Flying is not a right"
Ah yes it is, you have the right to fly in the plane that you have paid money for without them going crazy invading your privacy. I'm not saying security isnt needed but it's more about where do you draw the line?
What gives them the right to take away your constitutional rights? Nothing - you jsut let them.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

When I first saw the towers get hit, I like many of you I'm sure, had tears in my eyes and then those tears turned to anger and I wanted to see the bastards pay... at any cost... How dear they mess with the almighty America, the land of freedom and dreams. I WAS WRONG, America is now just running a bulldozer through a crowd to try and get to one person, and they are doing it under everyones name who was angry like I was. But where do you draw a line and realise you cant hold countries responsible for small groups of radicals and you cant keep spending all your own money and everyone elses to feed your desire for revenge. Wake up America, I can not stress how quickly this world will turn you on your head if you keep up this blind fury. You may be big and powerful but you are still one country and you are about to become the new Germany, the countries that currently continue to play your game will eventually grow tired of your arrogance and will put you in your place, which will just end up in more bloodshed.
Be the bigger country of morals you were founded on and admit you were wrong to invade other countries due for your own greed and revenge. Tell your government to stop, or soon you will see war on your own lands - mark my words

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They allowed the man on the plane without a passport? Do they ask for a passport at checking? Or just a ticket?
You can't even get a ticket without passport and valid visa...
If that is true, then this is a setup, a false flag operation, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

That is EXACTLY what this is!

Only difference between this one and these SAME elitists and their alphabet warriors previous false flags is that A) The people have begun to AWAKEN to this disgusting scheming, and B) They got sloppy in setting this one up, and got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. It took the people a long time to wake up, but they have begun, and that is why we are seeing these groups behind the manipulations being exposed for the scum that they are finally.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ron! It's too bad that speaking that way is actually going to keep him from getting elected anytime soon.

I disagree with some of his views but damn, Ron Paul is the closest to an honest politician, without actually being one, that I have ever seen.

And an old one at that.

Keep barking Ron, people will wake up eventually.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C
This guy is a complete idiot ..

He doesn't want freaking airport security ??

For god sake .. if you don't have security check ups people may/and WILL --

Smuggle drugs
Bring Guns/and weapons to the plane..
And the million other stuff criminals can do WITHOUT airport security ..

I can't believe this guy is appealing to you ..

WITHOUT SECURITY criminals WILL TAKE Advantage ..

Ron Paul .. the biggest Idiot in dc

I think you miss the point completely. Dr. Paul wants to treat the problem instead of only focusing on the symptoms. He asks the tough question of why do they want to cause harm to us? He poses the reason being that we are constantly over there meddling and giving them, not the right, but in their minds, the reason. I would not try and speak for Dr. Paul, but from being an avid follower of him over the past few years and hearing him speak countless times, I would highly doubt that he is against airport security. He is just saying to be careful what we trade for feeling secure.

If you look at this recent incident, his father warned the US about this kid. He, according to one of the other members of the flight, did not even have a passport. It is clear that our current security measures completely failed. Why would you want yet more security measures if we are not going to abide by the current ones? I think these are important questions.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by Aaron_Justin]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

You're forgetting one thing -- it only starts at the airport. What happens when they blow up a building in LA or NYC by simply walking into it with a bomb attached? What happens when they blow up a cruise ship or sneak in through our ports? What about the subway?

The problem with the start of taking away our rights, is it only gets worse from here. So, OK....flying is a privelege. Is taking the subway to work? Is riding on the bus?

How long do you really think it's going to be before something else blows up? People in the US are getting a little wacky due to the stresses and pressures of the recession. From there, it doesn't take a lot to gather momentum of the crazy kind.

If someone wants to murder someone else, and is willing to kill themselves in the process, there is really very little you can do to prevent it altogether. Delay it? Yes. Expose it? Yes. Prevent it forever? Unlikely.

How many of our freedoms are we going to give away before realizing that there is no way to make the United States 100% safe? Then what -- you think we'll just get them back????

Terrorist attacks aren't about just causing harm and death its about causing... terror. It worked well enough the first time so they know its a good way to scare people. Shut down the airlines and you can shut down the economy. Buses are very hard to regulate as are trains but you are correct that if strikes happen on them then things will probably be put in place like medal detectors.

We will never be able to stop everything but if there is measures we can take to help with it then they probably will.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So do you think we should have no security measures in place for planes then? Maybe we don't need police also? We could start really young and just let our kids do w/e they please also.

I also didn't realize that being able to ride a plane was a civil liberty.

My friend I haven't flown since they started all these policies.

I didn't realize flying wasn't a service that I pay for!

I didn't realize flying but first having to be poked, cajoled, herded, proded, searched, stripped, demeaned and humilitated wasn't just purely masochist.

As a former Travel Agent, Agency Manager, and Agency Owner who once upon a time had a International Air Transportation Number I know a bit about aviation, and travelling.

That is why I won't fly anymore, I won't pay for a service were everyone acts like they are doing my a favor at the expense of my own dignity.

Just the kind of post one might expect from someone belonging to the Zionist Israeli Internet Defence Forces.

After all who would know better than the good folks at El Al Airlines who pioneered all these procedures as an arm of the Israeli State years ago because as a State they invited terrorism by stealing an indeginious people's land.

Thanks for proving my point in my original post!

[edit on 30/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

And you have my respect for that, you put your money where your mouth is unlike many people.

I will still disagree with you though that I think these procedures are not hurting my dignity and don't even inconvenience me much. I would say traffic is a bigger inconvience then a few extra security measures.

I don't really see why this needs to get tied into Israel but you generally are a pro at doing so and I will admit you have a better grasp of that regions history then I do.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by whoshotJR

Who said any of that?

Not to mention, walking down the street is not a civil liberty, nor is going to the mall. However it doesn't mean that your civil rights end when you do either.

Terrible justification.

I'm assuming you are referring to the civil liberties part and it's implied in the thread and by replies of members. You are correct that walking down the street is not a civil liberty and either is going to the mall but their is other rights that you have while doing those actions just like when you are on a plane and I don't see them being infringed upon.

Just like driving a car, their is certain rules to keep people safe. Some everyone wont agree on but they still need to be abided to or it just causes chaos.

If people don't like these new rules and we don't even know what they are yet then they can show it by not flying. I have nothing to hide from airport security so I guess that is why I don't see an issue with this. It's pretty minimal.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Some people aren't getting what RP is stating.

Because of our terrible foreign policy and occupation in other countries, it is further damaging our national security.

With this comes further and stronger enforcement making people do Kabuki dances at airports.

It's blowback. The terrorists didn't attack just because they hate us. They attack us because we are in their countries and will not leave.

They say we went to Iraq for oil. Then someone tell me why China, Russia, and Iran are all getting oil contracts with Iraq.

This whole thing is a sham.

RP is right. Bring our troops home and bring some "real" security to our country!

The best national defense is actual DEFENSE....not pre-emptive strikes and occupation of other countries...paying corrupted governments and other entities to help do our dirty work...the same things we are 'supposedly' against in the first place.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by univac500
I'm sorry, I've been asleep for the last 40 years, has something happened to the state of airline travel?

Yes. Airline travel used to be a luxury and people used to dress up for it. Now they are letting everybody on the plane and they're wearing pajamas.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i have been a reader here for a couple yrs,but recent events and comments have pushed me to post,as an airline employee(mechanic) since 1990 ,2 major airlines and several smaller carriers,I have seen airport security change in many ways over the years.The key thing is that ron paul is pretty much right on the mark,the security for domestic travel in the US is smoke and mirrors for the general public to "feel safe",basic security is a given to be expected,I.E ,guns,knives ,explosives,and the traveling public deserves and expects precautions.However, for the past 5 years I have been what is called a traveleling mechanic or ride along mechanic for a cargo airline, what I have seen and experienced is that our threats come from outside the US,All this smoke and mirrors about changing security in The US will safegaurd nothing,the changes must come from the international airports around the world, 3rd world,poor countrys in particular.If you start out in some craphole country and if the security sucks or the screener is your cousins cousin or your father is a bigtime banker,you can get bye and once your in the airport system it is a breeze to get on through, it starts at the last airport before you hit american soil,good security ,no bombs ,crappy security and WE have a problem.Just some thoughts from a person who has seen it close up,instead of US citizens paying for things that wiil do nothing ,tell your representatives to make these places that will not conform to comeup to standard,if they will not meet the standard then,they wiill not be permitted to feed passengers into the system.Happy New Year to all and keep the faith ,we can keep them straight if we are vigalant

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I like RP. He seems genuine and I sadly only knew of him thru ATS and decided to look him up just after the 08 elections, had I known of him and his projected dissatisfaction with our system, I wouldve without a doubt, vote P versus O. *facepalm*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join