It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full body scans at airports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I´m really upset about this. This new 'terrorist' thing is now going to make it that we have to get the full body scans at the airport. I don´t understand why everyone is so concerned with it showing their undies and not concerned at the radiation!! I don´t want to be x-rayed for this crap. I will NOT let them do it to me. I have had enough cat scans and x-rays for my health and I don't need to add more. This is sick. A poll on CNN had it that almost 90% would be OK with this!! I don't care if they have to pat me down, or strip me, I won't do it. What if the pat down will not be an option? What do you all think?

(edited for a typo)

[edit on 30-12-2009 by rubyeyes]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

If enough non sheeplike people declared their disgust at these scanners and did not fly for one week, these carriers would be out of business in a few weeks and would have to abide by the will of the people. Sadly though, the ones who see through any 'terrorist acts' are few and far between, so 90 per cent agreeing to people looking at their genitalia, and for all you know linking that image to your name for all time, sounds about right. If they declared that anal probes would be used as from tomorrow there would be much agreement and mutterings about 'moslems.'
Everyone seems to forget that these people who run airlines merely provide a service which YOU PAY for. If you don't like the rules, vote with your feet for a week and they will have to remove all scanners and abide by the will of their customers or go instantly bust. It is so very simple. But sadly most are sheep who would cheerfully be shackled in chains.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Exactly. The problem is people will just blindly go along with this. And some say its so little radiation that it will not hurt. But some people will have to go through that machine alot, and radiation adds up. Also, they don't know for sure if it is sending out too much radiation, after all recently it is the news that CT scans send radiation into you "more than was previously thought". Hmmm, with all the measuring technology, how could they not know that sooner? I think the cancer industry will benefit from this. I will protest fully. I don' t care if I hold up the line for 5 hours. And what about pregnant women? And children? And the delicate eye tissues?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

G'day rubyeyes

This is an interesting topic.

Here's a link to one of the Co's that makes these things:

www.global-security-solutions.com...

Here's a link to a Yahoo Q & A page:

news.yahoo.com...

This seems to confirm my previous understanding of these devices, based on my background in medical imaging & medical radiation.

I don't believe these devices are dangerous from a radiation perspective.

However, the embarrassment factor & various means of working around this are being developed & implemented.

Maybe this will get everybody jogging & going to the gym more!

Maybe it could be a positive health factor!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Great...as if I wasn't self-conscious about my 'package' already !!!

Well, maybe the radiation will make it bigger...

Happy New Year to all Earthlings (including ex-pats and those 'just visiting')!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's a conspiracy, and the person behind it all is Jenny Craig herself.
People will now be forced to lose some pounds before smiling for the xray cam.
How conveninet too, just in time to make that New Years resolution.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Just get over it. They have these scanners for your safety. Pretty sure the radiation would be equal to cellphone radiation round about.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I had the same thought-

I will not do it, they can do it visually and manually on me

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's like everything else...
Introduce it slowly and people will grumble, but eventually get used to it and next thing you know, not think twice about it. Just another thing in a long line of things.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun

Just get over it. They have these scanners for your safety. Pretty sure the radiation would be equal to cellphone radiation round about.

G'day nightrun

I'll think you'll find the power output / exposure is much, much less than a cell phone.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well if they're going to make us do it they might as well hire doctors for screeners so they can look for both bombs and and body cancers and thus the REAL "Obamacare New and More Efficient"

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Bachrk]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Well if they're going to make us do it they might as well hire doctors to look for cancers and such thus "Obamacare New and More Efficient"

G'day Bachrk

Unfortunately, it won't do that.

It's just reflective / back scatter surface imaging.

It doesn't look "inside".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
>

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Bachrk]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you, yes I know this. Just spreading a little sarcastic humor! Apparently not sarcastic enough. lol I knew I should have thrown in the one about having the doc ck for leaks in my implants!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

No worries....

I'll try to be a little sharper on the uptake!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A twist to this story

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I agree that this "new" invasion of privacy may have some very unhealthy side effects, regardless of what we have been told.

Also how can I trust some sick person looking at my naked body regardless of how the "system" wants to make it sound like benign.

Sorry but somebody looking at body parts have nothing "healthy in their minds".

Is call human nature.

This machines are sick and the whole entire thing is nothing but more liberties and freedoms taken away from us citizens in the name of "Terrorism".

It seems that we the citizens are now the terrorist.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What is the point?

To look at your body?

www.philipnelson.org...

So you’re at the airport, you’ve gone through the inevitable check-in and security line, when you walk through a machine you think is a metal detector, just like you probably have a number of times before. However, if you’re at one of nineteen airports across the country testing new “whole body imaging” scanners, you might be interested in knowing just what the security official on the other side of the screen is seeing if you go through one of the machines, according to CNN.

Indeed, if you believe privacy advocates, what they are seeing on their screen might be something just shy of a peep show. Right now just six airports (San Francisco, Miami, Albuquerque, New Mexico Tulsa, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas) are using the new whole body imaging scanners as a primary security check option, while the remainder use them as a secondary check after people fail a metal detector. In the past, the secondary option would have been a pat down.

By the way, if the above image is what they can actually see, if that person had a bomb inside the underwear, can it be seen?

If not then what is the point?

Billions will be invested and made in this technology, and what if it is all a waste, and ends up being nothing more than a very expensive peep show for paid perverts?

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It kind of reminds me of the movie
Total Recall
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb7c6ce53891.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
How is a scan such as this supposed to reveal powder in the hem of one's clothing? If they are going to put us through this, I hope it will at least be effective, because judging from these photos, it isn't.

@Slayer. Happy New Year to you too!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join