It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Number 1 Pet hate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

I'm a purist.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
reply to post by leftystrat

I'm a purist.

But if that's your number one hate..You must be a very mellow person.

My number one pet peeve is the people that think they are the only ones around and never give other people a second glance. They block isles in stores, drive as though they are the only ones on the road, figure they can insult anyone they don't know just because they don't know them.

After all, I am only one man and I can't beat sense into all of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Sheeples Children. Sheeple who think that their stupid obese ignorant children are actually going to make a difference in the world. These sheeple parents who refuse to disapline their children and let their kids do WHATEVER they want in public. Scream throw tantrums- god forbid the Sheeple Parents do anything about it.

Hell I hate the Sheeple Parents too.
I hate mostly everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Apathy (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion. An apathetic individual has an absence of interest or concern to emotional, social, or physical life. They may also exhibit an insensibility or sluggishness.

Wiki summed it up for me pretty well...

Peace

[edit on 7/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I need to add another one:

People who decide its appropriate to stop walking when they're right in front of you with no warning, particularly in busy shops. Hate, hate, hate.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't really know how to write this so it comes across right.

I really hate it when people watch me so much that when ever I say open a drawer, or open a cupboard I hear 'what you looking for?' or 'what you lost?' -

It's like at a messy table in a bar and there are a number of mobile phones, crisp packets drinks etc and I just break eye contact to look around the table for my phone - 'what you lost?' - WHAT DO I PERMANENTLY LOOK SOO LOST AND DOPEY THAT I CAN'T POSSIBLY FIND MY PHONE MY SELF IN LESS THAN 0.5 SECONDS

It's always the type of person who will see you eating / cooking something and TELL you what you are cooking :bnghd: Scrambled eggs, this idiot appears in the kitchen and looks at the plate and says SCRAMBLED EGGS! - man I just want to stab that person in the eye with a fork and say you forgot to mention what I was using to eat it with - look at the fork LOOK AT IT! :bash:

It's also the SAME person who will shout something so mundane and pointless, something that really does not need to be said - they will shout from any room in the house to any other room anything that pops into their tiny little bone dome AND THEN THEY ARE TOO FLIPPING DEAF OR JUST PLAIN ATTENTION SEEKING THAT AFTER 3 TIMES OF SHOUTING BACK THE ANSWER YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE F'ING SHOWER WEARING A TOWEL TO SHOUT IT FACE TO FACE AT THEM - and then it's MY fault for loosing my rag... I have a kitchen full of knives and a shead full of rusting gardening equipment... You will know I have lost my rag in the few minutes it takes for you to bleed out... There is no death penalty here - and I could probably get into a secure hospital after I start sewing your dismembered body back together in any order I feel like...

(BTW I have live in a number of shared accommodations!)

Phew that felt good actually. -

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have more! People who try and read magazines/newspapers over your shoulder. And when someone walks past and tries to take a sneaky glance at my laptop to see what Im doing. Not that Ive got anything to hide, its just REALLY infuriating.

Originally posted by Now_Then
It's always the type of person who will see you eating / cooking something and TELL you what you are cooking :bnghd: Scrambled eggs, this idiot appears in the kitchen and looks at the plate and says SCRAMBLED EGGS! - man I just want to stab that person in the eye with a fork and say you forgot to mention what I was using to eat it with - look at the fork LOOK AT IT! :bash:

Im crying

It's also the SAME person who will shout something so mundane and pointless, something that really does not need to be said - they will shout from any room in the house to any other room anything that pops into their tiny little bone dome AND THEN THEY ARE TOO FLIPPING DEAF OR JUST PLAIN ATTENTION SEEKING THAT AFTER 3 TIMES OF SHOUTING BACK THE ANSWER YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE F'ING SHOWER WEARING A TOWEL TO SHOUT IT FACE TO FACE AT THEM

I like when this happens, I just start shouting random words out if they didnt hear what I was trying to say the first couple of times.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

I like when this happens, I just start shouting random words out if they didnt hear what I was trying to say the first couple of times.

That's what a lot of people do on ATS, I have noticed.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Im confused, enlighten me..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Was just a joke as some of the posters on ATS seem to just throw out random thoughts and words when they get backed into a corner, and end up making no sense.

Definitely was not directed at you.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

With blokes in the same house what (we) can try is to mutter something about the other guys mother - something baaaadd

Repeat only a little louder than the previous time until the desired effect is trying to kill you.

Fun fun fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My pet peeves?

People who scream at me thinking I can hear them.

People who ask me if I can drive a car.

People who joke around me and laughing, leaving me in the dark.

And get this (this actually happened to me a couple of times):

People who ask me if I can read braille.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It's always the little things that get to us most......

Oooh, where to start?

People who eat with their mouth open.
Foreign call centres.
People who cough but don't cover their mouths.
Slow internet connections.
Noisy eaters (my brother
)
Stubbing your toe.
People who talk loudly on their mobile phones.
Society's obsession with Z-list celebrities.
Leaving a tissue in a pocket and putting it in a washing machine.
Pay toilets.
People reading over your shoulder.
Katie Price.
People who complain about their weight yet make no effort to exercise or eat properly.
Slow walkers in front of you.
Road rage.
Singers who mime.
Text message speak.
Pimped-up cars.
Celebrity fitness DVDs.

And there are so many more!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have yet another one - people who give their pets human names. Calling a dog 'john' is just wrong.
Oh and when your trying to sleep and there's some stupid bird (an actual one, with wings) outside making an insane amount of noise for hours on end. There's no need for it.

Ah good good, was slightly puzzled as didnt think I had some forum based tourettes syndrome

Originally posted by LiveForever8
People who eat with their mouth open.

Noisy eaters (my brother
)

Those two combined are awful. Whenever either/both of those happen I more often then not end up shouting 'OH MY GOD' and then just leave the room. Have literally zero tolerance for it!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Parents who set their really young kids together as boy friend and girlfriend - and don't shut up about it, they think it's the funniest thing in the world.

It's not, it's just plain creepy.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I can't stand that combination!

What is most annoying about it is they make out that it's us who has the problem if we ask them to close their mouths and shut up!

Whenever I told my brother to shut his mouth he would continue with a more exaggerated noise and mouth movement. Then he would stick his tongue out with food on it and let it drop out of his mouth and onto the table.

I have to leave the room eventually, it literally makes me sick.

Another one is people who play music stupidly loud on the train. Even worse are the horrible little chavs who play music off their phone full blast.

People who eat on the train too! Some woman yesterday was eating an apple opposite me. SO LOUD! I had to get off.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Haha, oo I know, people always think its you trying to be fussy if you say anything! Worst thing is, if you try and ignore it it somehow becomes about 10x louder than it was to begin with.

Id go insane if I was on a train with someone doing that. You should have just smacked the apple out of her hand and shouted 'NO' at her. That would have got the message across.

I cant tell you how much I enjoy when children start playing songs like this on trains/buses:

Oh dear.

If I were feeling suicidal a listen of that song would probably push me over the edge. But I genuinely love the fact that kids believe playing stuff like that makes them badass and cool.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Never heard that song before, but to me, it sounds like the chipmunks...LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think thats the general rule. As long as the song is speeded up to a point where it sounds like some insane chipmunk, you will gain the respect of your peers.

In my day it was ALL about the spice girls & backstreet boys.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ha, that's very true. It's impossible to ignore something like that. It's inescapable. Either they 'go' or I do!

That's why I had to get off the train, otherwise I'm sure I would be typing this in my prison cell right now. Apples are a decent fruit, people are alright I suppose, and trains, love 'em! But a person...on a train...eating an apple? No thanks.

That's the exact type of song I'm talking about! As savanna58 (from the Youtube comments section) delicately puts it "sick song !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
It is indeed sick.

I'll never understand the logic behind it. As you say, I can't imagine myself getting on a train in my youth and blasting out Spice Up Your Life

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join