It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rosicrucian/templar/christian symbology help required

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Carl Jung saw all symbols as archetypal - they are part of something larger beyond one religion. The Christians got the cross from the Romans who got it from the Carthaginians.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mundane Egg
Carl Jung saw all symbols as archetypal - they are part of something larger beyond one religion. The Christians got the cross from the Romans who got it from the Carthaginians.

What do you mean with Romans? The Roman people or the Catholic church?

The Rosicrucian themselves shows the origin of the Cross as coming from Egypt.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

People can pick any number of points on a map and play connect the dots, but it doesn't prove squat if the geometry isn't perfect. I'd recommend avoiding that venue of "investigation" if I were you.

sorry, while i agree to your statement to a degree i also have to contest the above assertion that such geometry must be perfect as such perfection is an incredible challenge that today is met with 'high technology'. look at any historic development and you will see the intention along with imperfection.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Fair enough, but a hexagon is a fairly basic geometric symbol that can be inscribed in a circle using nothing other than a compass and a straight edge*. While it might not generate 60.000000000000° angles, it certainly gets closer than the hodge-podge of angles that the M-A-S-O-N would require.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by Animal

Fair enough, but a hexagon is a fairly basic geometric symbol that can be inscribed in a circle using nothing other than a compass and a straight edge*. While it might not generate 60.000000000000° angles, it certainly gets closer than the hodge-podge of angles that the M-A-S-O-N would require.

also fair enough when dealing with design on paper; however, things become much more complicated when transposing a drawn design onto the landscape especially at the scales commonly dealt with in theories such as those proposed here.

i think when dealing with symbolism inscribed onto / into the landscape it is reasonable to assume a range of error in the execution. perhaps less today than in times past simply due to the rise of technology that allows us to build large forms into the built landscape in such an exact manner.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Animal]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Go get Jim Marrs "Rule by Secrecy", it just about answers all of the queries about secret societies.

I'm reading it for the third time, just in case I missed something.

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING BOOK

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Finally BACH opened for me the Tomb of Brother C.R.C.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db97b1ceb271.jpg[/atsimg]

In the morning following we opened the door, and there appeared to our sight a vault of seven sides and corners, every side five foot broad, and the height of eight foot. Although the sun never shined in this vault, nevertheless it was enlightened with another sun, which had learned this from the sun, and was situated in the upper part in the centre of the ceiling. In the midst, instead of a tombstone, was a round altar covered over with a plate of brass, and thereon this engraven:

A.C.R.C. Hoc universi compendium unius mihi sepulchrum feci
Round about the first circle, or brim, stood, Jesus mihi omnia
In the middle were four figures, inclosed in circles, whose circumscription was,
1. Nequaquam vacuum
2. Legis Jugum
3. Libertas Evangelii
4. Dei gloria intacta

arcaneadvisors.com...

POST CXX ANNOS PATEBO (After 120 years the tomb was opened ==> 1484 + 120 = 1604)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join