It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Drug Company ad techniques

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A friend of mine just after hurricane Rita was noticing a IBS medication drug companies commercial. During the commercial, in the top left hand corner of the TV screen, a tone would manifest and then a red square symbol. Then as the commercial proceeds, the red square symbol would disappear and then the same tone would sound and a green triangle symbol tilted a few degrees. Then the commercial would proceed until ended.
I called the drug manufacturer on three different occasions and asked them to speak to an advertisement executive to inquire about the importance or the purpose of the 'tone' and the 'symbols', in relation to the commercial. All three times I was placed on hold for an extended length of time and then eventually was disconnected. They hung up on me.
Any comments about the use of the tones and symbols in relation to drug company advertising.
Is it part of an attention getting, mind altering, maybe endorphin stimulation project or something of the sort. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed these "symbols".... and repetitious tones during television commercials and maybe there is already a thread out there somewhere discussing this oddity that seems to be some sort of 'mind control' game.

Thank you,

Wynde

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wynde

A friend of mine just after hurricane Rita was noticing a IBS medication drug companies commercial. During the commercial, in the top left hand corner of the TV screen, a tone would manifest and then a red square symbol. Then as the commercial proceeds, the red square symbol would disappear and then the same tone would sound and a green triangle symbol tilted a few degrees. Then the commercial would proceed until ended.

Bold added/

A possibility .....

A red square is used as a `stop` icon . (something like the images below)

A green triangle - a `play` icon.

Could it just be a technical hiccup by the broadcasters, or something which only appeared on your screen ? e.g DVD player/ stereo system integrated into T.V set up ...... or someone sitting on the remote control .

How many times did you or your friend see these symbols with this advertisement ?

===============================================

Edit to Add :
How rude of me ..... welcome to ATS Wynde !

[edit on 27-12-2009 by UmbraSumus]:

[edit on 27-12-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Each time the commercial played there was also a "tone" used during the times the symbol was shown. I asked other people when the commercial would come on, without prompting them of course, to watch every detail of the commercial and then tell me if they saw or heard anything unusual. I then asked them if they saw the symbols or heard the tones and they said no. This was on live television and was not the play or stop symbols from a dvd player or vcr. It was from live satellite. There are many commercials that play everyday which have these same types of symbols. They may not always appear as squares and triangles, but can be circles, rectangles... etc...
What my friend is trying to convey is that some people can see and hear things that others cannot pick up on and it may have been a test ? He just wonders why others around him didn't see or notice the sounds and symbols until he was able to point it out to them on a replay. He is curious if other people have noticed these things.
Could these companies be using subliminal 'hypnotic' type sound and imagery as a probing experiment to try and learn more about what frequencies some people are more sensitive to whereas others are insensitive to. Similar to canine hearing or something....
not trying to make some kind of conspiracy thing, only point out a possibility of some type of scientific experiments that these "people" could be putting us all up to.

SideNote: My friend has been diagnosed by more than one highly trained physician as having very little to possibly NO latent inhibitor filters. So...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Could they be creating a type of "frequency veil"....

works on some people...

not on others?

Thank you for the reply and for the welcome

Wynde

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wynde
Could they be creating a type of "frequency veil"....

works on some people...

not on others?

Thank you for the reply and for the welcome

Wynde

There could very well be some form of `cueing` taking place. Its more than a little disquieting to think of the army of psychologists employed by major corporations , seeking to influence us .

"No latent inhibitor filters" ..... I`m sure that has its draw backs too . We are assailed with information daily , i don`t think i could function without those filters. Still i bet your friend is probably a creative type music/art ..... but a terrible driver .

Do you have any more specific information about the product(s) advertised ,product name/ company name etc .?
Thanks

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can pick up on subliminal messages very quickly if someone would give me a copy of the commercial.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The tone could prove to be a way to gain the attention of people who wear hearing aids. You know like pavlov's dog. Old people love prescrption drugs.

top topics

join