It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurker no more

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hi to each and every one of you ATSers! I do hope everyone enjoyed and continues to enjoy their holidays and I wish for all a great new year, a safe 2010!

Somewhere along the line I hope to be able to contribute to the many varied and wonderful threads and ideas and general Craziness and, dare I say, some of your lives too! Can't predict if that will happen as I would want it to but I have been hanging around here with my eyes open and my mouth closed for that long that I HAVE to join you, before it's too late (and no I don't confess to knowing anything ground breaking or prophetic) if anything, I'm just happy that my spelling is kinda ok and I'm not insane yet - or am I?! Lol Lets find out: I was going to keep the following to myself for a while until I could create my own thread but hey, I'm fickle.

The one singular important thing I have gained from this website and from reading all this new and insightful information is FEAR. I now have this fear instilled in me that hits me unexpectedly and randomly but in one form quite specifically - Bataphobia.

I'm sure some of you have heard the term and maybe even have experienced it yourselves? Basically, it is a fear of tall buildings and that would seem funny right? But, and I'm probably in the right place to say this, many of you will know how even the strangest or smallest Phobias can stop someone in their tracks, completely disturb any daily routine or cause panic attacks and I'm let me say I'm no expert but it feels, from this experience that a Phobia can hit anyone right out of the blue, any time in your life.

I've done a cursory search for phobia related forums, help groups and things but truth is, I don't want to join them simply because I feel like I'm on a different page (from a lot of people now) with what I have learned in the last 18 months - I don't even think I'm here looking for help or advice about this fear thing but I do feel it's good to talk about it, so apologies for boring anyone but like anything else you see (like the "news") you know you don't have to read this!

Hope I can go into it a bit further in depth with you good people sometime if anyone shows any interest but for now I'll leave the subject alone - for now, sooo please allow me now to commend all the members for their bravery in disclosing what you may or may not know to be true, for sharing your knowledge, for staying strong in your beliefs when you know you are only a small, but growing rapidly, percentage of the population. This place WILL drive you bat# if you let yourself soak it all in, not filtering, I know this now but I'm still here, quietly kicking and screaming and also happy to add that there certainly are people, friends, family, co-workers who are willing to listen to me and add their thoughts on certain theories and not look at me with that word Cuckoo running through their mind!

Anyhow, here's to the future - hoping to hang in there a little while longer because these are either very interesting times or everyone goes through this same pattern in their lives and this is all nothing new. Sincerely hope it's the former

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Welcome

I wish I had some advice regardinig your situation, but I dont.

Either way, cant wait to see your posts!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akeru

Hi Akeru - Welcome to ATS.

I am sure you will enjoy many hours of reading.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akeru

Welcome to ATS Akeru.

I will keep an eye out for your thread on bataphobia. And i believe most of the people on here are not of the type that would consider any phobia to be funny. You are sure to find people with the same afflictions and people with good advice...

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Thank you Inertia, pleasure to be here at long last

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Have enjoyed and been baffled by so much already, thanks Vesta.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Have read your posts for a long while now and Appreciate the welcome, time taken. That's Queensryche no? Silent Lucidity was one of the reasons I picked up a Guitar many years ago! My only hope right now is that I am Lucid enough to describe experiences I have felt with a Phobia (controlled it once, only once) well enough for someone to understand what I'm saying. I saw a strange thing that encapsulated the entire mess, t'was wonderful and so painful at the same time. That will come, understood or not.

What I REALLY want right now is for a certain OP to continue with what she started, I'm not playing games but If I say I am a Yorkshire man, would that help? So entertaining!!

new topics

top topics

join