It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Hero Dies of Cancer on Christmas Day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

9/11 Hero Dies of Cancer on Christmas Day

www.msnbc.msn.com

A Sept. 11 hero died of cancer on Christmas Day. Jim Ryan was on the front lines during 9/11, a firefighter who spent many weeks rummaging through the destruction that encompassed Ground Zero, only to succumb to pancreatic cancer, according to a report.

The fire department confirms that his sickness was 9/11-related. And now his family – his three children, wife and all the people who loved him – mourn the death of a hero.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, another Hero dies from exposure to who knows what on 911. What was the name of that chick that said the air was good at ground zero. She should be in jail along with a bunch of others. This guy didn't live long enough to see any suit settlement. I wonder if any of them will be alive by the time the Gov't settles/doesn't settle. These Hero's are just collateral damage from something blamed on terrorists. I wonder what job that women has now?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if the mods want to move it go ahead. Also I'd like to convey my deepest sympathies to Mr. Ryan's family. Remember, he is a true Hero. May he Rest In Peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Fairly obvious that the air wasn't fine. Chemicals in all sorts of deadly combinations were present at the WTC site... The first responders, and later, the salvage workers were all exposed to enormous quantities of them.

My sympathies and condolences to his family and all the other families of these brave men and women.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Hi Pigw,
It's sad that this is happening, my condolences to the Ryan family. It really is a case that should never have happened, and it has been discussed before here at ATS. My fear is that there will be even longer-term illnesses like Asbestosis, and which could affect even those who were not workers at ground zero. The WTC was full of Asbestos and it was all unstablised in the collapse. I am taking it that there is ongoing "screening" for Asbestosis in NY.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Very sad, I hope his families can find peace someday.

I kinda feel though that the MSM is trying to make Terrorism on the front of people's minds coming into the 2010s though, like they're making sure people don't forget, so the liberties can continue to erode?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
What was the name of that chick that said the air was good at ground zero. She should be in jail along with a bunch of others.

It wasn't just some chick, it was the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), and according to the EPA it was the White House that ordered them to lie about the quality of the air so business could continue as usual in NY.

EPA Misled Public on 9/11 Pollution
White House ordered false assurances on air quality, report says
by Laurie Garrett

NEW YORK -- In the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, the White House instructed the Environmental Protection Agency to give the public misleading information, telling New Yorkers it was safe to breathe when reliable information on air quality was not available.

That finding is included in a report released Friday by the Office of the Inspector General of the EPA. It noted that some of the agency's news releases in the weeks after the attack were softened before being released to the public: Reassuring information was added, while cautionary information was deleted.

www.commondreams.org...

They found asbestos in the air, and also shards of steel/iron that were microscopic and amongst the smallest particles ever found. They lodged in the lungs of many clean-up workers and caused bleeding in the lungs, and causing the workers to cough up blood.

Pancreatic cancer from the clean-up is more bizarre, but then civilian medic Indira Singh said she knew people that worked with her at Ground Zero whose hair also came out in clumps and who developed ulcers and other conditions as a result of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Fairly obvious that the air wasn't fine. Chemicals in all sorts of deadly combinations were present at the WTC site... The first responders, and later, the salvage workers were all exposed to enormous quantities of them.

My sympathies and condolences to his family and all the other families of these brave men and women.

Yeah! it's soo damn sad! the air must have been very dangerous the first days.

Especially all the dust from asbestos!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Hi bsbray,
I found this EPA link on Abestosis, they even have a section on 9/11 workers. What is amazing is that there was always a section on secondary exposure, ie; Dad coming home with asbestos contaminated clothes and what to do with them...that's old hat, and yet there is no comparison between that and the exposure in 9/11 New York, and they were still able to say then it was safe to go in, an absolute disgrace!

www.cancer.gov...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hi smurfy, I have always wondered if I might get Asbestosis being as my first job at the railway was having to remove asbestos from our maintenance facility. Junior man gets the lousy jobs. This was 1986-7. We had facemasks, special coveralls, seperate rooms to change in. Being young i didn't worry about it to much but now 23 years later I wonder if I was protected enough. they say it usually doesn't hit you for about 20 yrs. We'll see.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

her name is christine todd whitman. it was bush's orders to her to proclaim the air was okay to breathe. this was a crime that all of them should have been held accountable!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Your absolutely right, blackthorne everyone including Christine. There is no pass for people just following orders. I wonder how she can live with herself, knowing that, even if ordered by Bush or more likely Cheney, it was her on video saying it's all good? Is she a patriot for doing what the President wanted?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

thanks! this particular 9/11 event was one that really pissed me off! i have always wondered why this was never followed up on and why these people were not held accountable. there is hard evidence that those in power literally lied to the people about the air. this caused people to die! the first responders who were so praised were knowingly put in harms way for or their health! afterwards, when health problems started and those afflicted went looking for help, the response was "no, that can not be. the air was okay. you are not eligible."

but, hey. get a blow job from a young woman not your wife, get impeached.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The government lies all the time but yet no one goes to jail or looses a job.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
but, hey. get a blow job from a young woman not your wife, get impeached.

Exactly. This is beyond all comprehension that no one would be held accountable for this deliberate lie that has resulted in many, many illnesses and deaths.

It is exactly things like this that make me wonder why ANYONE has ANY faith in the federal government anymore.

If we KNOW they deliberately lied about this, and considering all the stalling they did before finally forming the Kean Commission to investigate 9/11 (and Kean himself now says his commission was set up to fail), what else have they lied about and WHY??

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

agreed! remember, bush and cheney both stated that there was no need for an investigation into 9-11 and all the surrounding events. they only did so until they were forced. then they tried to have kissinger lead it. the ultimate white washer.

when i read those who support the established story and the people who created it, i get dumb founded. in black and white, bush and cheney said there was no need for an investigation! why!? there is no reasonable explanation for this behavior on their part. how can those who support the story NOT look at this and not have doubts?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
The government lies all the time but yet no one goes to jail or looses a job.

Some random scape goat loosing a job or going to jail won't resurrect dead fire fighters

Poor guy... Long time ago I've read a number of reports and websites where people (forgotten "WTC heroes") claim they've got all kinds of breathing related diseases.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It is an absolute disgrace that we are not doing more to provide these men and women with the best health care service known to man - FREE OF CHARGE (to them)! It is even more of a disgrace that these public officials praised these same men and women while knowingly sentencing them to a slow and painful death.

Every public official who said the air quality was fine - and every person responsible for 9/11, for that matter - needs to be locked in a gas chamber full of asbestos-contaminated air. Then they need to be locked in an underground prison cell and subjected to an occasional water-boarding until they slowly rot from within and die of cancer miserable and alone.

After they have met their much deserved end, their bodies should be put on display along Wall Street and in front of the White House and Capitol Building to serve as a reminder to those in positions of power the consequences of lies and greed.

It's time we start holding these criminals responsible for what they have done and continue to do to us.

[edit on 12/26/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

I feel where your coming from Novus and your absolutely right about the healthcare of these workers as well as your soldiers. Unfortunately I don't see anyone getting what they deserve. Not in this lifetime anyway. Also thanks all for your responses.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

thats right--straight from the whitehouse---i wonder when they will include these people into the total deaths from this 911 false flag attack from -BUTCHER BUSH--------the poor guy [i take that back]==doesnt show his face much in public these days does he--too bad obamination didnt go after these traitors of the real constitution--but you all know they only let the right people become the prez.......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join