It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things don't add up about the explosion on Northwest Airlines today.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So we know that the 23 year old Abdul Mudallad is supposedly working for al-Qaeda. We know that he was on the CIA watchlist, but not on the no-fly list.

In a day and age when they put anybody with a similar name to a terrorist on a no-fly list? Even 5 year old kids? In a day and age after 9/11? That is the same excuse they used for 4 of the supposed al-Qaeda terrorists on 9/11; incompetence.

Those 4 al-Qaeda members on 9/11 were also on the CIA and FBI watch list, but not on the no-fly list. It was a massive scandal in 2001-2 that the FBI and CIA had been watching 4 of the supposed terrorists that were the lead hi-jackers on that day. They had been watched and cataloged for years, even reported by specific groups. But none were ever put on the no-fly list?? We saw this again today!

Another aspect that doesn't add up: we all know that powder can't "explode". Al-Qaeda members are well trained in improvised explosives manufacturing. To think that he would even think it was possible to blow up a plane using powder, or to need "instructions given to him on how to use it" from some guy in Yemen is kind of funny.

But what is the purpose of this false flag, if it is one? Simple: to get America to support the Afghanistan war again. The support of the American people was definitely starting to slack! People were questioning the point of the war.

Now people are gonna be mad as all git-out, begging for Muslims to get blown up. They are scared that Muslims are going to invade America, when the Muslims can barely control their own unstable empires.

To think that any Islamic country has the resources, manpower, or will power to invade America to try and rule it with Sharia law is ridiculous. That's why propaganda is needed like the events today, so that people stay scared of the Muslims.

Here's a documentary showing proof of the CIA / FBI scandal involving the tracking of the 9/11 hi-jackers, but their failure to put them on no fly-lists. This was well documented in the MSM.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Another aspect that doesn't add up: we all know that powder can't "explode".

Guess you never heard of gun powder then

Gunpowder is classified as a low explosive

An it was a firecracker

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by seattletruth
Another aspect that doesn't add up: we all know that powder can't "explode".

Guess you never heard of gun powder then

Gunpowder is classified as a low explosive

An it was a firecracker

Sorry, gun powder won't explode unless you put it in a container, packed very tight. Like a bomb, or a bullet.

Here's a video showing what happens when you ignite gun powder: it just burns, no explosion.

And BTW, it was not a fire-cracker. People had reported that passengers had thought it was a fire cracker. It was a powder that he ignited. Reading comprehension...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Well, that would make sense

Unless he was carrying gun powder in his pocket

By the way, it was a fircracker or firework that went off, and guess whats tightly packed into firecrackers and fireworks?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It wasn't a fire cracker. Again, passengers only thought that that, initially.

Quote from this article on Reuters.

The New York Times, citing a senior Homeland Security official, said the device "was made from a mixture of powder and liquid" and was "more incendiary than explosive."

The official said Abdulmutallab told law enforcement authorities he had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe filled with chemicals to mix with the powder in an attempt to cause an explosion."

And a quote from Associated Press

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) - A Nigerian man who said he was an agent for al-Qaida tried to blow up a Northwest Airlines plane Friday as it was preparing to land in Detroit, but travelers who smelled smoke and heard what sounded like firecrackers rushed to subdue him, the passengers and federal officials said.

Need more evidence that it wasn't a fire cracker? It was a power and possibly a liquid he was mixing.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hmmm... Well first of all can you give me a link to the news story that you read about this incident? The news story I just read from MSNBC identified the man as Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23yo from Nigeria. I can see where his last name is similar to the name that you gave, but it is not the same. Are you saying that he was traveling under a false name? If so, like I said, I would like to see your source as the story I read didn't mention that. It also said nothing about him working for Al Qaeda.

You also say that "We know that he was on the CIA watchlist, but not on the no-fly list." My article disagrees with this as well. According to MSNBC "Abdulmutallab was known in federal counterterrorism files and may have been on the government’s list of suspicious passengers banned from flying in the United States."

The issue here is with the security of the airlines. How did a man, if on the no fly list get aboard? Even if he wasn't on the list, how was he able to sneak an explosive device onto the plane?

EDIT to add Link

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Majiq]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Smokeless powder burns, on the table or in a bullet.
It burns very fast in a bullet.
Black powder explodes on the table and in a firecracker.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The story has been changing throughout the day on different MSM sites. I read the Firecracker story earlier too Oz, but it seems the story has changed now to being an explosive device.

Whether it's accurate or not is anyones guess.

From BBC News -

The suspect later told the US authorities he had had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe of chemicals to mix with the powder that was to cause explosion, the ABC television network reports

news.bbc.co.uk...

I think this is more likely to be a set-up so that they can install their newest X-Ray type machines at every airport in the World.

Oh, just found this too -

The New York Republican named the detainee as Abdul Mudallad, 23, a Nigerian national whose name, he said, was in a database indicating "a significant terrorist connection" although it did not appear on a "no-fly" list

[edit on 26-12-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

online.wsj.com... e-outset-box

Says his name is Abdul Mudallad. But I have seen the other name reported in other articles. You are right, that is weird.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
Smokeless powder burns, on the table or in a bullet.
It burns very fast in a bullet.
Black powder explodes on the table and in a firecracker.

Black powder still just burns, albeit rapidly.

A powder cannot explode by nature, an explosion requires limits to the expansion of gasses, which eventually exceeds those limits.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I just looked at that, and a couple other links. Seems that the media just can't agree on a story.

Another thing that I think is peculiar is that this is another American Airlines plane. Seems that AA is the terrorists choice of airlines in the U.S. Has anyone done an investigation into them?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If this guy was on some kind of terrorist list, why the hell was he allowed to fly with American Airlines or any Airline?

If allowed to fly, he should have been strip searched first.

This is disgraceful and fuels Conspiracy IMHO.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

American Airlines?? Every link I have read has reported that it was Northwest Airlines flight 253, with a plane being owned by Delta Airlines.

Delta is not owned by American Airlines.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

you are correct, not american Airlines at all -

Northwest Airlines Flight 253

An American Plane though.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
OUTSTANDING DAMN DOT CONNECTING!
This thread will hopefully go the same way as my thread on the Ft Hood shooter, the facts do not add up.

Excellent thinking sir, we need more people like you.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Here comes the next patriot act I am guessing.

More, way more high tech garbage security, more people yelling at you not to park by the terminal to pick someone up and most likely full body scans in airports now IMO.

I am also in agreement with the above poster about this nicely gaining support for Afg. war - perhaps we are now planning on being there longer than we just announced and needed the scapegoat. No one died.. just a warning to let you know we are still "under attack"

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
What does not add up is why the Netherlands security let him on the plane in the first place.

I have a solution to this whole problem anyway..if you are Islamic you have to go to either London or Frankfurt and fly to the U.S. on a Russian Ilyushin aircraft. They have a habit of dropping out of the sky on a regular basis anyway so half the job will already be done for them.

Enough of this PC nonsense.. bring on the profiling.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
What does not add up is why the Netherlands security let him on the plane in the first place.

I have a solution to this whole problem anyway..if you are Islamic you have to go to either London or Frankfurt and fly to the U.S. on a Russian Ilyushin aircraft. They have a habit of dropping out of the sky on a regular basis anyway so half the job will already be done for them.

Enough of this PC nonsense.. bring on the profiling.

I am guessing that by reading this thread and not disagreeing, you agree that it's a high possibility that it was a false flag operation, just like 9/11. Yet you still want to prohibit every single Muslim from flying on an American plane????

Wow, you are a better sheep than the CIA could imagine. Don't you get it? They wan't you to be scared to death of the Muslims. They want you to think they are trying to invade and attack this country on a regular basis. Muslims have neither the man-power, financial power, or will power to invade America. They are worried about defending their own lots, from US forces and rival factions.

Remember what happened after the communists won the Vietnam war? Did they ever invade the USA and try to turn us all into commies? It's the same kind of propaganda today.

BTW, I'm the OP, and I converted to (non-violent) Islam recently.

Guess I should never be allowed on a plane again huh? Only Christians and Atheists should have the right to travel, in a country that prides itself on liberty and freedom of religion.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
hmm, wouldn't the "powder" be in a container? Was this guy just walking around with powder in the palm of his hand?

If he had some really highly explosive powder in a container & was trying to light it on fire...that would cause an explosion...

and just because he's a "terrorist" doesn't mean he's not a complete idiot....

infact, most of them HAVE TO BE complete idiots to blow themselves up.

I hardly see how someone can claim conspiracy here...nothing happened...

or was that the point?

See, thast the problem with conspriacies, none of them have any evidence (they never..ever...do) that can be remotely considered viable, and they always hinge on that fact.

Any evidence presented in opposition is quickly written off as "part of the plan" and "debunked" immediately

99% of all conspiracies i've read on this site, IMO, are nothing more than adult day dreams.

Granted, "conspiracies" do exist...but this just isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Basic Science: Water + 50mg of pure sodium powder = explosion

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join