It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things don't add up about the explosion on Northwest Airlines today.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
His father, Mr. Alhaji Umaru Abdul Mutallab is clearly part of the Nigerian elite.

"Mutallab was appointed to the Board of First Bank in 1996 and became its Chairman in 1999. He attended Barewa College, Zaria, Achimota College, Accra, Ghana and the South West London College, London."

The newspaper says the father, 70, recently grew "uncomfortable with the boy's extreme religious views and had six months ago reported his activities to United States' Embassy, Abuja and Nigerian security agencies."

www.politico.com...

This seems to fit the CIA pattern of recruiting from elite families, like Bin Laden.
And his own father reported him TO THE US EMBASSY yet he is not banned from flying?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

---hate to burst the bubble about gunpowder---BLACK powder does not need to be packed-or constricted to blow-just need a lot----the acids that cause explosions would have been a better choice--especially the ones that react violenty with water-------to say he failed is a mistake-since he just cost the system millions of dollars--think about it---the plane is not flying--insurance will pay the tab for that as well as for any people on the plane who say they were not protected and bring lawsuits--they will have to pay a lot of wages for the investigators-police -fbi--cia -homeland security--so on and so forth---lots of new training on how to spot the flaws in the flight system that let him get on board--maybe new detectors to walk though---I WOULD SAY EVEN THOUGH HE FAILED TO BLOW UP THE DEVICE--he cost us millions of tax dollars--so he didnt fail did he????--and all he did was get on a plane and light some stuff---wow--just think if -when-these people get their stuff togather-- how much power they will have???----maybe we should ask your government their real porpose for these wars we are in---sure aint freedumb--and please dont fund terrorists--your tax money is enough----

---

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Is your post supposed to be a telegraph or something? What happened to the punctuation?

Besides that, you don't think the CIA had anything to gain by this event happening?? Sure, it cost the tax payers a couple million at most. And what's that? A drop in the bucket for the taxpayers endless funds. The CIA wanted this event to happen, at the very least.

Now the public is going to support the war in Afganistan again.

I'm sure it swayed a lot of opinions of people that were thinking it was a pointless war.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But what is the purpose of this false flag, if it is one? Simple: to get America to support the Afghanistan war again. The support of the American people was definitely starting to slack! People were questioning the point of the war.

I believe you're 100% correct. When things look, feel and act in an over-the-top convenient manner then, you have to question why!?

It's like peeling back layers upon layers of onion to really get to the stink!!!!! What stinks? This story.....our government and Obama!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TwoPhish]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

Is your post supposed to be a telegraph or something? What happened to the punctuation?

Besides that, you don't think the CIA had anything to gain by this event happening?? Sure, it cost the tax payers a couple million at most. And what's that? A drop in the bucket for the taxpayers endless funds. The CIA wanted this event to happen, at the very least.

I'm sure it swayed a lot of opinions of people that were thinking it was a pointless war.

1.) Don't attack someone's post based on grammar and punctuation and then turn around and misspell Afghanistan. It is really humorous for us, and really bad for you.

2.) If the CIA wanted us to support the war again - the airplane would have blown up over U.S. soil.

Nothing happened.

If the government wanted it to happen, and they are as powerful and corrupt as you claim they are - then it would have blown up.

Your argument has more holes than Swiss cheese.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by seattletruth

1.) Don't attack someone's post based on grammar and punctuation and then turn around and misspell Afghanistan. It is really humorous for us, and really bad for you.

2.) If the CIA wanted us to support the war again - the airplane would have blown up over U.S. soil.

Nothing happened.

If the government wanted it to happen, and they are as powerful and corrupt as you claim they are - then it would have blown up.

Your argument has more holes than Swiss cheese.

1. His post DID look like it was the transcript of a telegraph, full of stops, with NO punctuation. My bad, I did forget to put an "h" in Afghanistan, although you can't say it was because of ignorance, as I had spelled it correctly in my first page. The word "Afghanistan" is an arbitrary translation anyway, like Columbia/Colombia, or Muhammad/Mohammad/Mohammed. I spelled it phonetically because I had actually been learning some Arabic today, so I was spelling it phonetically. Regardless, it's a moot point as I didn't spell it that way the first time I typed it.

2. Well I'm glad you know exactly what happened. Case closed. What did you say about 9/11 the day it happened? I'm sure the case was closed then as well. Maybe you changed your mind later, maybe your are still in denial. It can't be argued that the American public all heard about this, so it was a successful psy-op, if it was one. I don't think because the plane didn't blow up, it was necessarily a failure if the CIA really was behind this.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

2. Well I'm glad you know exactly what happened. Case closed. What did you say about 9/11 the day it happened? I'm sure the case was closed then as well. Maybe you changed your mind later, maybe your are still in denial. It can't be argued that the American public all heard about this, so it was a successful psy-op, if it was one. I don't think because the plane didn't blow up, it was necessarily a failure if the CIA really was behind this.

no no. My mind is open to all kinds of possibilities as long as there is tangible evidence that exists to back up any said theory.

Many 9/11 "theories" had nothing, and this theory here has nothing.

If it were a ploy to garner lust for another war, it would have to have been catastrophic.

There's no simpler way to put it.

Since it wasn't, then i can only assume 1 of 2 things:

1.) The government's plan failed, which means they're not as all powerful, evil, and corrupt as you claim

2.) It was just some nutjob trying to make it to the land of 40 virgins

In the world we live in, ill almost always go with the nutjob story.

Especially one's like this.

No boom boom?

No conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My initial gut reaction was also that this was a false flag. I remember when there was another conveniently prevented almost terrorist attack where the bomb was hidden in the shoe, and from then on in I've had to take my shoes off every time I fly. I actually asked one of the security guards in the airport once what would we be doing once some terrorist smuggled a bomb inside his underpants, and here we are, we have our underpant bomber.

I also think this is to justify putting their strip search scanners into every airport.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Terrorism's main goal is not the death and destruction of a few.

It is about convincing millions that it could happen to them so they live in constant terror.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Official story here stinks something awful. Too many weird holes in the plot. And this story of smuggling bomb making materials in his underwear is just rubbish!

Look here. You got a rich kid from a rich family that got good grades in chemistry from a rich school. He went on to get all kinds of secret evil terrorist training where our suspect learned how to mix bombs in condoms and martyr himself.

Have you people heard of pen guns,cell phone guns, or plastic guns?

Their are a number of ways to sneak a gun onto a plane and putting a few bullet holes through the windows or floors will decompress any plane and rip it apart mid air.

No bomb is necessary let alone a crotch bomb.

And can we remember motive? Insane people have reasons for doing things too! I doubt Mr. Abdul was doing this because he hates freedom and justice.
Stupid is out of office so I expect a better lie than radical islam.

False flag. All the way.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Strange goings on with this event, see below:

www.newworldorderreport.com... lane-without-passport-Who-was-involved-why-dont-we-know-about-this-other-suspect.aspx

I also wonder why he left it so long before allegedly detonating the alleged device? The whole "explosives sewn into his underwear" story is just so unbelievable.
Another aspect to this, that the explosive had been supplied by Al Qaida in Yemen, also stinks. The US has becone embroiled in propping up the brutal Yemeni government and has joined in the bombing of the Houthi rebels - these are not Al Qaida or card carrying affiliates, they are Yemeni people fighting oppression in their own country. A week or so ago, the US carried out a strike and reported the death of an alleged militant cleric, allegedly linked to the Fort Hood shootings. Many people died but the usual justification was there, fighting terrorists. Now it seems they missed their alleged target and just killed a bunch of ordinary people, but the deed is done and they still use the Yemen Al Qaida connection. A lot of dot joining needs to be done but this event stinks and looks like an attempt to tie in the whole Yemen, Al Qaida and Foot Hood events, all in one neat little false flag package.

Anyhoos... it's one to watch.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Many 9/11 "theories" had nothing, and this theory here has nothing.

If it were a ploy to garner lust for another war, it would have to have been catastrophic.

Well seems the passengers screwed up the Governments plans they got pissed now they issue all passengers to stay seated and no stop the terrorist seems the Seattletruth's story has a lot of meaning to me. I find it to be the most probable truth.

Read Post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can see a whole rash of jokes out of this - like...
'Is that a bomb in your underpants or are you just pleased to see me?'
Look - the fact that he allegedly referred to Al Qaeda does not mean he was a highly trained operative. Perhaps just a sad and rather inept misfit.
I don't read 'conspiracy' into this at all.
Except of course that such an attack at this time might be a shade too convenient?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
reply to post by Snarf

Terrorism's main goal is not the death and destruction of a few.

It is about convincing millions that it could happen to them so they live in constant terror.

Yes, you are correctly stating the obvious

But this isn't about the objective of a terrorist, its about the apparent objective of the US government perpetuating "terrorism" in a manner to evoke panic from the American public in order to garner additional support for the Afghan war.

If a murderer escapes from jail and gets away - the surrounding neighborhood lives in fear for a long time...because nobody knows where the guy went to

if that guy gets caught - everyone goes back to sleeping peacefully.

If the plane had blown up over US soil, it would have caused a s*** storm.

Then i'd say "yeah there might be something to an inside job here"

but it didn't. At all.

It was some idiot talking to God on a 2-way radio thinking he's about to live in the land of 40 inexperienced women for all eternity.

And then he fumbled it up.

No conspiracy.

Try again.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruthwe all know that powder can't "explode".

Seriously powder cannot explode? That is daft, beyond it in fact! Hundreds of former grain elevators around the world will attest to that!

www.oregonlive.com...

There's a link I pulled off of google news of a grain elevator explosion in Oregon. The cause was grain dust. Look up an image search, it's just incredible what something as common as flour can do in the right circumstances.

You might want to re-think at least your statement that powders aren't explosive.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just proves you do not need to be smart to go to uni in uk, like we did not know that already.

This geezer is an utter plank of wood, what did he think he was going to do with some powder.

What he has done, is made loons in governments want to wreck more innocent lifes, for nut cases in society that want people killed.

This world is just full of so many stup1d planks. This geezer has caused so much harm, to innocent people in west just for doing this looney rubbish.

What made me laugh is that he went to uni, lol, said it all.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You don't need Al kaida to tell you how to make explosive,all you need is to follow instruction on sites like this
www.bombshock.com...
www.powerlabs.org...

and yes CIA and FBI are probably doing this on purpose,to boost your hate against Arabs.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Well seems the passengers screwed up the Governments plans they got pissed now they issue all passengers to stay seated and no stop the terrorist seems the Seattletruth's story has a lot of meaning to me. I find it to be the most probable truth.

Let's see, if someone was trying to set off a bomb or take over a plane that you were on, do you think you would stay seated? People know that if this sort of thing happens it's a death sentence. If it were me on that plane, that terrorist might not have gotten off of that plane alive.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

---i agree with you if it was a false flag the gov would have succeeded[jeez now i have to punctuate cause we have a english teacher here who cant spell either].---I dont think the gov. would pick x-mas holiday for a false flag, to much travel messed up for increased travelers. The war in afghanistan has no support, we are just told it does.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A powder cannot explode by nature,
the reports said he had PETN that is a white powder that does explode.
common filler for primer cord.
and all it needs is a blasting cap to set it off.
en.wikipedia.org...

I suspect he only had a firecracker and not a blasting cap and that does no supply the impulse (heat and pressure) to detonate PETN.

I have over the years had a couple people that asked me why the blasting fuse(Safety fuse) they had found would not burn.
In both cases when i looked at the "fuse" it turned out to be primer cord they were trying to lite with a cigarette lighter.
at 23,000 feet per second that would have been fast fuse.
www.oricaminingservices.com...
www.hfmgroup.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join