It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Non-Believers Shallow Thinkers--Really??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

SO why did you go to iraq??? Why did we go to korea??? why did we bomb japan?

O yeah forgiveness right..... how foolish and IDIOTIC I SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orrfyreus
reply to post by intothelight

That was a good post, except for the part about popping babies out.

And what does the location of someones residence have to do with their integrity or outlook on life?

When we look to who is locked up, that doesn't mean much to me because DNA evidence keeps setting them free.

The self centered guy in a position of authority, well the position of authority usually causes the corruption.

on second thought, that wasn't such a good post.

If you see a fat man ...
Who's jolly and cute,
wearing a beard
and a red flannel suit,
and if he is chuckling
and laughing away,
while flying around
in a miniature sleigh
with eight tiny reindeer
to pull him along,
then lets face it...

Your eggnog's too strong!

I wish I had some eggnog!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

LOL, You know your right, I was thinking that as I was writing my post. I admit, I have had a few beers. It started off pretty good but then I lost it LOL Merry Christmas To You Also

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We are using the new T.O.C(turn the other cheeck) bombs right? What about the sword of rightiousness assault vehicle? When running into combat soilders are reminded of W.W.J.D and they promply blow 2 holes into the chest of an enemy combatant and his wife who was pretending to be pregnant, but it was a bomb.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Its really not that hard to understand

THIS IS BASED ON STUDIES I HAVE DONE MYSELF!!!

because i like you was also puzzled how people could not see something real and right in front of there eyes,

most of the poeple who will laugh at you before seing the evidance do not want to belive, there happy in there media and goverment run world thay just want to earn there money eat sleep n crap and do as there told and listern to wot there told to listern to as fact, thereusually allways hung up on themselfs and think there mr no it all, its not good for them to get court up in it at all, it short there to weak minded to handle anything substantual like other exsitances and other dimentions,

IMHO
and crazy as it seams there just young souls, and need to learn the basic first because i do feel like im talking to a child with alot of these none belivers, maybe in the next life ehh

but i do find the none beliver are the people who really go out there way to impress people and try to ALLWAYS act cool 50yrs ago we would have all been locked up for mental illness LOL but most of the world is waking up thankfully and where all begining to relise life/reality is more bizar than fiction,

its thos sort of people that when the truth comes out there weak mind cracks, i dont think we can be naive about it tho, we dont expect every body at the same time to go... dam why was i so stupid after all the warnings,

aslong as we know and we keep on track with are work here i dont know about you but really are you that bothers let them be.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842

Just a few examples, the fact is also that the old and new tenements are used in the teaching of Theology, and because the word of god is "perfect" it would not be considered proper for any man to take the parts that he wants to believe and follow, and simply dismiss others that he does not.

Agree completely with you Neo.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"1--ok non-believers---lets say there was a big bang---oh wait--without fuel [elements] how can you have a big bang???--so we will say there never was nothing--for nothing cannot ever become something?? so we will say matter always existed- matter cannot live--so we must have a life force that also always existed--so why is it so wrong to believe that god always was and always will be??? 2-so time always existed never a start or never an end--just a circle that goes on and on --like matter and a life foce-"

I'm honestly having trouble following your thoughts. But it seems as if you are trying to discredit atheism by using the theory of the Big Bang. Is that right?

You do know the guy who originally proposed it was a PRIEST, right??
en.wikipedia.org...

And can you explain where an eternal life force is discussed in the theory? Or more importantly to me at least, why on earth anyone should decide it was the mythic character described in the Bible who is responsible, instead of a thousand other creator deities millions of people have felt just as strongly about throughout history?
en.wikipedia.org...:Creator_gods

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Matter is transformed to energy in nuclear reactions, so it is being destroyed in some sense.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I always love 3 Dimensional analysis on multi-dimensional matters.

It's almost like listening to a flat lander talking about the existence of height.

God is not a mystery to most people, only to those who have minds trapped in a third dimensional way of thinking. As long as you think in linear terms, you will never understand how something could not have a beginning.

To most people, it has nothing to do with belief..it is a witnessed FACT. But if you try to talk to flat landers about the "Source" or the "Light" or God, they need proof, which can not be packed into 3 Dimensional terminologies unless they personally experience it themselves.

So until each person experiences God themselves, they will NEVER truly believe in God and therefor will always rely on "scientists" to spoon feed them, lifeless mathematical data.

It's simply a matter of Vibrating higher to personally witness God and his Divinity. As long as you stay in your low vibrational state, all you have is belief and blind faith which is difficult for many to swallow.

The sooner we can bring our intelligence up a few notches the quicker we can get past this God debate and move forward.

God exists, Source exists, Light exists if you believe in it or not.

Most of these scientific hypocrites would DENY science if it ever discovers God.....

You non-believers are slowing the ascension of our world!!! Come on..keep up will ya?

VIBRATE HIGHER!!!

VIBRATE HIGHER!!!

Stop waiting around for the white coats to spoon feed you!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Are Non-Believers Shallow Thinkers--Really??

Nope.
[Rent this second line for pennies a day! (ask me how!)]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Believers and Non-Believers are all the same type of person. They both refuse to see what is in front of their own eyes. When you open your eyes, you KNOW for a fact that God or "The Source" exists. You go from Belief to KNOWING. From that point on, it's just a matter of you being able to reconcile your emotions and maintain some sort of sanity.

It's a matter of waiting for people to take their next step. Belief in God, belief in the Light is a step TOWARDS evolution.

As far as religions go.....take'em or leave'em. But there are legitimate foundations in many of them. Shame they all had to be tarnished and molded by human greed and self importance.

Believers then, must not know of God, and non -believers must not even conceive of God. The scientific community is just a bunch of people picking up the little crumbs on a crumb trail...ing toward God...but at an awfully slow pace.....

Step on the pedal and VIBRATE HIGHER!!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The problem with people believing in "god" and not believing, is part inbred in what ever part of the world they originate, hence the reason for so many different bass religions. The thing is that some of these religions force their opinion on their people to the point that if they stray or dare to ask questions they are persecuted for it, instead of allowing the individual the right to look in to it and find things for themselves. To me that means the most religions use fear to keep their believers in tow, and those believers follow blindly once at the point of fear.

Now take the western world and the freedom that we have to think, and ask questions about things we either disagree with or don't understand, and you find that that is where you get all the off spring religions and people like myself, a proud atheist, Because i have a brain, that thinks, and questions that, that is illogical, it has nothing do do with being blinded from the truth that there is a god, its all about seeing is believing.

Because of my struggle to understand and even believe most of what i was seeing in the bible, i had to, as a logical person find out what they were saying but using information that was available to me in everyday life. Which tends to put all the strange and illogical teachings of religion in to question. When one starts to do that instead of following blindly, you find there are many logical explanations for what we are seeing.

In short, i found that the bible in all its content is about individuals attempting to take control of the masses using fear. being that there is no way to prove who wrote any of the bible, due to the fact that so much of it has been lost in interpretation, and changed to suite the individual groups needs. Example: The 10 commandments, although a good set of instructions most of them anyway, they are all based on fear, in that if one doesn't follow them they will not go to heaven. The thing with that is, because of the fear people thought history have done some pretty horrible things to ensure their entrance to heaven. but look at the fist commandment.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Exodus 20:1-3)
Deuteronomy 17 states about those not believing or having a false god.. 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

So not only will they not go to heaven they should be stoned to death outside the city gates.

This is not logical, when was the last time you were witness or heard of this happening? for me, never, why, because people don't read or understand the bible, or they choose to ignore the parts they don't like, I cant see anyone liking this bit can you? Its all about fear. The bible is not the word of god, the people who wrote the new testament were not even witness to any of the events that were supposed to have taken place, in fact they were written a long time after Jesus was supposed to exists. the bible itself was put together by a group of normal people like you an me, with the intention of putting fear in to people. but they left a lot out, there were many book, letters and teachings that were not added to the bible, because they were not seen as being fit for the good book, who gave the people the right to choose what went in to it and not? if the word of god is indeed perfect and not to be changed by any man, why is it all not there?
the evidence is all there, you just have to open your mind and think outside the box, or the book for that matter, and go find it for yourself, with an open mind and really read what it says, without some sort of interpretation as to what it means, it means what it says, its the word of god, and perfect.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
---WELL I AM GLAD I GOT YA ALL THINKING WITH JUST A FEW LITTLE WORDS---some however sure do twist facts in the bible---[ya have to read the whole thing to even grasp what it is all about]---it is very apparent who read the whole thing ---and those who never will---for the athiests who think the bible is the church or a religions hand book set in stone --you are the shallowest of all--and -weird since they have read thousands of books and newspapers no dought and never read the bible--spirituality is in everybody and if you dont include it in your thinking ---YOU are shallow!!!--i will say the athiests here are quick to strike---that means hate is their root--insults come first then twisted facts---can you all see it???--facts they cannot prove any more than a christian can prove god is---but notice the christians and spirital people here are civil and without the deeper insults-- some of you did grasp what i wanted ---thanks but we are few-----jesus said dont trust a preacher to tell you about the truth--find it yourself---that means even the dumbest of the dumb can find it--he also said there is but 1 commandment--and where to look for him and it wasnt in a church--you will after reading and understanding that the bible is a history book and a prophesy of things to come---you will read why stoning of theives-undisiplined children -adultererrs-gays and a host of others is not gods law-[blinded people]--but ya have to read the book now wouldnt you------not just statements out of context---and when you read it you will understand a little better-and keep looking forward-----

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Just as one would expect from a religious person, you reject the word of your god, which is what the bible is supposed to be. Do you deny that? because if you do, you are not a true Christian, I have read, and i have understood, I dont dismiss anything, where as you do. The bible is not a prediction of the future, its is full of stories from the past as seen by the people of the past. All you are doing is what your bible says you should not do, and that is to change the meaning of the book to suit yourself, but if its the word of god, which is taught by your priests and holy men, in schools and universities around the world, you dont have the right in the eyes of your god to do that.

You talk about shallow minded people, you people are so shallow minded that you refuse to see anything other than that you follow blindly. misinterpreted, and miss understood, distorted and manipulated with the intent to controll the masses, and its worked for many years, but its old had, people are waking up to it, and simply are not having it, not one bit. you will also find that its the relidious among us that are rude, and dangerous people, jumping to conclusions and very quick to dismiss other beliefs, i mean, when was the last time you heard of a war that killed millions of innocent people in the name of Athiesim?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

1--ok non-believers---lets say there was a big bang

Actually, it was a Roman Catholic who developed the Big Bang Theory, fancy that!

oh wait--without fuel [elements] how can you have a big bang???

The Big Bang Theory doesn't predict what occurred prior to the 'bang' itself. It only deals with the cosmological evolution of the universe after the creation event. What occurred prior to that event is still unknown to science today. Think of it like the Theory of Evolution. ToE only deals with how life evolves, not with how it began.

so we will say there never was nothing--for nothing cannot ever become something??

While understandably true, wouldn't you consider this a rather 'shallow thought' yourself? To exclaim that no other materialistic form of matter could have existed prior to the creation event but then exclaim God existed eternally is a rather contradictory belief.

so we will say matter always existed

This is the opinion I am at right now.

matter cannot live--so we must have a life force that also always existed

What do you mean by matter cannot live? Are you against chemistry, physics and biology? Life is just a series of biochemical reactions taking place at a cellular level. We are essentially organic machines.

so why is it so wrong to believe that god always was and always will be?

Which God though? There have been thousands of various Gods worshiped on this planet alone, do we choose one of them? Or do we search out intelligent life elsewhere in the vast cosmos and choose whatever Gods that life worships?

Do you not realize you are as equally atheistic against other Gods as I am, but that I take it one step further to include your personal deity of choice?

2-so time always existed never a start or never an end--just a circle that goes on and on --like matter and a life foce-

There is no fundamental force called 'time'. Time is nothing more than the measuring of a series of sequential physical events. Never has a force of time ever been measured before. Time simply does not exist. There is no past as those events are gone and there is no physical future as those events have not transpired yet. The physics community is just now starting to realize there is no 'time'.

Now, do you believe in your personal deity due to being raised in that religion or did you go against your parents beliefs and choose a deity that felt right to you? What reasons do you have to believe that your deity is the right deity?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

i did not say god created all--if you read i said ---matter always existed--time always existed--a life force always existed--this life force-must have a name-why not god---

Yet one is left to wonder, why does this have to imply an intelligent creative force? There is nothing inherently intelligent about the universe at all, and certainly the human species is not a very good example of intelligence.

i will say the athiests here are quick to strike

And this is where your going to be called a hypocrite. The title if the thread is already a strike at atheists, so right from the start YOU were the first to strike. Pretty bad judgment call on your part if you ask me.

that means hate is their root

I would have to disagree. I am an atheist myself and yet I don't hate for the sake of hating because I don't believe in your personal deity of choice. There are very firm foundational reason to uphold morality that don't require some invisible cosmic father figure who created everything. I would have to say, you have a very shallow view of morality itself given that statement alone.

insults come first then twisted facts

Really? And calling non-believers shallow right away is not an insult? Assuming the Big Bang Theory is a non-believer invented theory is not twisting facts?

can you all see it?

I see that like most believers I've encountered, you too are just as hypocritical as the rest. I thought at first that this was a decent inquiry, but now from this post I've realized your a worthless tool who doesn't really give a damn about the answers, you were just out to attack.

but notice the christians and spirital people here are civil and without the deeper insults

I would have remained civil, irregardless of the thread title's dig at non-believers, but the chances of civility is slim at this point with this airing of arrogance by yourself.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
i did not say god created all--if you read i said ---matter always existed--time always existed--a life force always existed--this life force-must have a name-why not god---

unfortunately...none of what you just said can be proven. we have yet to prove that life exists on other planets, let alone what you are implying. our understanding of this universe is at such a rudimentary level, that we still create myths for comprehension. why is it so hard for people to just say "i don't know"??, it does not show mental weakness, it shows mental maturation.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I gave you a star for that reply. I can't even begin to count how many time's I've been called closed minded for answering I don't know and nor will I believe someone's 'truths' without them putting forward evidence for their opinions of truth. I've noticed that there are not many people who can handle saying "I don't know."

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by jimmyx

I gave you a star for that reply. I can't even begin to count how many time's I've been called closed minded for answering I don't know and nor will I believe someone's 'truths' without them putting forward evidence for their opinions of truth. I've noticed that there are not many people who can handle saying "I don't know."

thanks, and with what you have said, you have obviously reached that stage in life where absolutes are rare, if at all...as we age, and gain experience, we are forced to accept that what we know, has many grey areas that continues to make life interesting... a star for you too

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
the theory of Big Bang sounds little fishy to me, but what Bible, Koran and such offer as alternatives is much more laughable.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by marsvolta]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

Quantum mechanics is starting to show that matter is only the end result of energy collapse. Which creates our known reality. So no, matter didn't always have to exist. Only energy.

Energy can be anything. Consciousness could have been the first energy. We know that all points in space/time exist simultaneously in the 4th dimension. It could very well be the only causal paradox allowed to exist. Our consciousness on the 4th dimension is what triggered the original big bang and consequentially lead to the very consciousness that created itself in the first place.

There, problem solved. No God needed. Only causality and quantum mechanics.

And in my way of seeing things, "God" IS the causality that you speak of... problem solved. God just is. Only God and quantum mechanics.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join