It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electron caught on film for the first time, looks similar to Norway Spiral

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Electron caught on film for the first time, looks similar to Norway Spiral

www.scientificblogging.com

Scientists have succeeded in capturing an electron on film. Electrons are so rapid that they are hard to capture on film. The movie shows how the electron rides on a light wave after just being pulled away from an atom. Electrons circle the nucleus in large circles.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
discovermagazine.com
www.crazyontap.com
www.physorg.com

[edit on 24-12-2009 by bookreader]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
vimeo.com...

These pictures seem to resembe the images seen in the Norway Sky. Not only are both blue in color, which could possibly be from ultraviolet light, but also, both show a circular, orbital type of pattern. Also, the photographs of the electrons were taken in Sweden, which is not far from Norway. Maybe CERN did a laser show of these so called electrons, possibly accidentally reflecting these lasers into the sky.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very interesting -
Yes Cern -
What really happens when they turn that thing on?

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

These pictures seem to resembe the images seen in the Norway Sky. Not only are both blue in color, which could possibly be from ultraviolet light, but also, both show a circular, orbital type of pattern. Also, the photographs of the electrons were taken in Sweden, which is not far from Norway. Maybe CERN did a laser show of these so called electrons, possibly accidentally reflecting these lasers into the sky.

Comments like these is why I don't bother posting here anymore...
And sorry for posting this post btw, but I just had to get it out.

[edit on 2009/12/25 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

Yeah, as said many times here: be open minded but not so your brains fall out
. Not very impressive personal theory Bookreader but thanks for the article.

Anyways, you can't really "see" an electron but it's nice some of them theories proved right.

Also, I didn't know this:

“It takes about 150 attoseconds for an electron to circle the nucleus of an atom. An attosecond is 10^-18 seconds long, or, expressed in another way: an attosecond is related to a second as a second is related to the age of the universe,” says Johan Mauritsson

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hmm its more a set of concentric rings than a spiral... also how much is compression and or computer interpretation since you couldn't get an electron on actual film, but you could get what some other machine sees that could see it onto film... so its all mostly relative really.

Then again ive always wondered about the as above so below or how ever it goes... maybe earths some sub atomic partical in an electron in a super partical making up the body of some unimaginable being... ala the Simpsons homer galaxy pull back sequence... for all i know the milkyway could be part of my left buttocks.

Even so... i also dont see a link to the Norway failed rocket test spiral

What I DO find amazing is theyve had for a few years the ability to make a attosecond strobe I mean dang thats fast.

[edit on 25-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The battle of the Ego has begun yet again. get your intelligent comments in quickly!! before the personal attacks begin!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookreader

What?!
Smurfs are blue too. I think their roots are in Belgium, which is not too far from Sweden, which is not from Norway, which is where the spiral was. What is Gargamel up to?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dune_mister
This is fake........................................

YOU are fake...

Just kidding, I couldn't resist!

-rrr

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I remember watching batman (live action 60's series) when I was a kid. This is what I lovingly call "Batman Logic"

-rrr

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My first thoughts looking at the pictures were fingerprints and crop circles. I remember one of the crop circle threads talked about sound waves and the obvious microwave theory. After seeing the electron pictures it sure seams that theory is much more plausible than before. The electron resembles the shapes of some CC's imo.

Just thinking out loud I guess...

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The color of this data is completely circumstantial. The scientists could have picked any number of colors arbitrarily. Please correct this before people start to make even more irrational associations with the Norway spiral.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I calculated that the frequency of the light used is beyond gamma rays.

Lots of energy used.

Pretty amazing I'd say,

teachers used to say that you can never see anything smaller than the nucleus.

I'm like, BS. You have photons which are smaller.

[edit on 12/25/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Apart from the completely ridiculous comment this thread breaks the rules; the original article mentions nothing about the Norway spiral and any similarity is purely in the fevered imaginings of the OP.

Blue spiral... hahaha

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So I read the article but I am still a little confused. Is the video an image of one single electron? Or are the concentric rings a series of electrons rotating about the nucleus? Also, I wonder why there is a longitudinal shift in the video, where the light seems to move back in forth in an up and down direction. Anyone have an insights/thoughts?

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
From my undersanding of the article you are not seeing the electron itself but the energy from it, hence the diffuse image.

Also this is not new news, this was published in Feb 2008.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dune_mister

What the hell is it with people calling things fake before doing even a minute's worth of looking at them?

Yeah, this sure is fake.
Remind me to never trust anything you ever say.

Obviously no, this is NOT fake. It also isn't recent news. I saw this article a good while ago, and the linked article is originally from February 2008. But nonetheless it is an interesting correlation with the Norway spiral.

Rocket failure:

Norway spiral:

Electron (a basic unit of electromagnetism and all EM phenomena):

[edit on 25-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookreader

vimeo.com...

Yes, both are spirals. Putting 2 things in 1 group because they spiral is retarded. 0 logic in this.

If you want to go down that road, the Norway Spiral must be directly related to my toilet, they both spiral! Oh I think Im onto something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are taking pictures of electrons...TAKING PICTURES OF ELECTRONS.

The picture is blue...well..its not a picture, its using frequencies(?), not a genuine flash camera.
The fact that both are blue means nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
If I take a picture of a blue carpet...and the ocean...does that mean there is a conspiracy?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by epitaph.one]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A circle also looks very similar to a norway spiral, and a tornado, whirlpool, or maybe even a rocket launch that went bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join