It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles in the snow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I think crop circles are very cool. Man-made, but cool.
I put them in the "some people have way too much time on their hands, but that's a good thing" category of life.
But these, these aren't cool, this could be the work of an industrious 6 year old pulling a toboggan behind him.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebulldog
...Still though footprints are visible in the path he walked and seeing how the picture is taken (or cropped) its possible that footprints lead up to the area just out of frame.

They'd be the footprints of whoever took the photograph, so seeing them in the pic does negate the circle's authenticity.

However, it also doesn't preclude that the photographer is a part of the hoax. The majority of footprints in the wide-shot could have been filled with subsequent snow, then the close-up photo compacted by the photographer him/herself... However, you have to wonder why, if indeed the photographer is also the hoaxer, wouldn't the he/she cover their own footprint visible in the close-up?

The photographer being the artist also allows for the excellent 'salt' theory, which would do much of the hard work.

Biggest evidence against this being a non-human build has to be circles that look as though they were drawn by a child - why not the perfect geometry of non-snow circles? I imagine the answer is because it's harder for human's to do that in snow.

This irregular circle isn't unequivocal proof of forgery, though. If real they'd possibly represent a star map, or worm-hole map, or even maybe a time map (4D).

[edit on 24-12-2009 by McGinty]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

Great points made by you there McGinty.

Thanks for bringing reason with you

Here are a couple of other sites I have found that show some circles of various types. Some may be created naturally.. whilst others may possibly be man made... either way, they are interesting.

www.neatorama.com...
www.wunderground.com...
englishrussia.com...
astral2.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

i see you got all your stars from the only skeptics that reside here on ATS, remind me where the foot prints are leading to the first circle?

Easily done?

making assumptions may be easy,

assuming the truth will undoubtedly, eventually give you heartburn.

Enjoy the Mylanta.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

and so is every other crop circle in the corn fields weve seen! your point?

Im listening.....

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Let's see....you stand on the snow and walk in circle without raising your feet too much in order to traced on the field as you walk. Then you jump to the next spot and start doing the other, and so......

At the end the only footprints you'll have will be the ones behind the camera that took the photo.

Debunked 100%. Thanks.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Trueman]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

and in that picture you can quite clearly see some track marks of some kind. Almost as if it's from the bottom of a boot. It's uncanny!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Haha, You and your heat seeking shoes........

I beleive, maybe 50% bunk, and not by your statement.

To be sure to be sure!!

link   

Originally posted by Extralien
Well, we have all seen crop circles in fields of wheat or other crop..

But what about in the snow?

Here is a real test for the debunkers... work this one out..

Is it possible that a green laser (one that can light a match when the laser hits the match head) can be used to melt the snow?

That would evaporate the missing snow, or at least melt it away, and there would be no foot-steps to the circles. The cost of such a laser is within reach of most folks, and it is not illegal to own a laser. (It is illegal to point it at flying aircraft though.)

Now how the circles were made perfectly round is another thing.

This could have been made by a helicopter hovering high over the area, while some dude with a green laser "draws-up" the place into the design that you see.

I would like to beleive that ET's did this, but the circles are too close to each other to convince me that an ET made the circles.

If I were an ET I would make the circles huge, leaving no doubt that it was me, the ET. My ET circles would be measured in yards or even miles. Not feet or inches. They would appear like the lines in Peru and South America. Large and in charge!

-EyesII

link   

heh heh heh, and the person got there floating?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CTBAPRBR

He used the circles to erase his footprint, drawing on top of the footprints. Thats why the shapes are not perfect.

Next time we got snow, try it and send us the pic.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

So you need a perfect circle ??? The beings that are doing this should be more carefull and do perfect circles to you ok.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

using a helicopter and a laser would be an expensive hoax to do.. but possible if you're rich and bored.

If it was an ET that did this then you have not considered the possible size of said ET... it could have been 6 inches tall...so for this ET these circles would be massive..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I gotta say the circles aren't particularly symmetrical, and symmetry is attainable with snow circles:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce6d54a54a08.png[/atsimg]

Looking at the close up image it appears that the grass is bent over facing the same direction, indicating the possibility of something being dragged.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26fb5191311e.jpg[/atsimg]

Now with that in mind, looking at the zoomed out images you can see on some of the circles what looks like the starting (and stopping point) of whatever was used to make them.

Strangely enough, they appear to turn up right near another circle, I've highlighted what I'm talking about in this picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f6a704fd804.png[/atsimg]

Just my 2c!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

LOL, I remember doing something like that on the sand of the beach in summer when I was a kid.

Don't get me wrong, I also wish this would be "E.T. made", but it's not my friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Extralien

Well...the only thing I can think of...is they walked inside the rings as they carved them out...and maybe had flat pieces of wood tied to their feet to avoid leaving footprints...

I would like to think that this is the first of many "genuine" snow circles, but without being able to see the entire area the circles cover in the picture, I can't help but think its exactly what you said.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
Aw come on, you only have to take one look to see that the circles were made by a person dragging something or other behind them, or perhaps even their feet.

You cant see the whole field so you cant tell if there are footprints leading up to the first circle but it would be very simple to make on circle then jump to the side to start the next and create a whole picture without any footprints being visible.

Nothing unexplainable about this whatsoever.

Easily done.

Im afraid i have to agree with you here. Its nowhere near as complex and precise as crop circles and the picture of the channel looks like its been shoveled out.

Caught my interest for a brief moment but it does'nt stand up to scrutiny.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Algebra]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think the salt thing is a good idea and I applause the thinking outside of the box.

here come my BUT...

As someone who lives with snow, salt turns it into goopy slush that laters run off. It would never be that neat using salt.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well we can only see these from one angle, they could have simply walked the other way to the Photos and there may be many footprints behind that. As you can't see the whole field how are you to know? Also the salt theory is interesting although they seem a little too defined for salt. But maybe. Anyway i really doubt Aliens are going to bother making this one, sorry.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Perhaps, before we all go dismissing the fact that the circles arnt perfect, does anyone remember the crop circle that had a lot of perfect circles in it, tho one was egg shaped? tried looking, im drunk and tired. Tho i do know that it exists, Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve!
Christmas Adam?
Where does he fit in ??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join