It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circles in the snow

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Traumacrazy

They only tell us this;

Close-up taken Dec. 19th shows that the 3-4 inches of snow removed to create
the rings is not piled up around the edges. Photo: Roy Boschman.

They do not tell us how wide the tracks are but I am estimating about a foot wide judging by the picture.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Notice the blades of grass are pointing toward the camera lens indicating the snow was flattened.

Agreed that the snow does`nt look compacted, but it may well have been compacted at intervals.

The accompanying text in the article is simply someone`s account of the phenomena, none of the text is what you would call proof, it`s an account of what happened with a bias in favour of it being unexplainable. The fact that the circles are shown in such limited detail in the pictures points to a hoax too.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All of the circles are connected, so maybe they just put their feet into the places where the designs were being printed? That way there would be no tracks.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Dargar]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

It looks more like something was dragged or pushed along to create the track...not compacted..

If you notice in the close up, there are what appears to be two small lumps of snow..which could be part of the scooped up snow or created by the item that was dragged/pushed.

Wether it is a hoax or not is the main reason for posting the thread.. Finding further info, or other types of snow circles will help us determine if it is a hoax or not.. but even then we may find it to be inconclusive... unless something 'crops' up at a later date

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

At around 11:30pm (Netherlands time) on the night of December 17th I had called the young Dutch medium Robbert van den Broeke in Holland,

That's all I need to read, Robbert van den Broeke is a known hoaxer. Some of his hilarious hoax attempts have been posted on this site, here's one www.abovetopsecret.com...
and his pics www.dcca.nl...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Someone's been sledging... Thats the answer... Drag a sledge round in a circle. Put the excess snow onto the sledge and offload it somewhere else. You can even see how the snow is flattened. I've always been led to believe that some crop circles are formed by causing the crop to grow flat, using energy to force grow, without snapping the crops. Not jus flatten it with something.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Arghh, I`d hoped you would have resisted the temptation to drop the crop in there!!

Well, my honest opinion is that it`s a hoax. Nice thread though, even it is only for the designs in the snow. More people should make use of snow as an artistic medium.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Some people are so gullible it's unbelievable

All you need here is a brush or broom to sweep the snow into place if you leave footprints and they probably just used rings to make the circles.... i can go out tomorrow and do the same thing....

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not going to make any judgements here but I will add what I can observe. I have been active in tracking (man/animal tracking, search and rescue etc) for 30+ years so I can claim to be somewhat of an authority on ground sign.

I do see human footprints in the circles, not just the close up.

There is a lip around the edges of the circles indicating that snow missing was pushed.

In the closeup you can plainly see where something was dragged (lines in the snow) and the grass is pushed down in a uniform direction.

Whoever did this was extremely neat as it is nearly impossible to remove that much snow without some falling off the side of the shovel etc.
I wish I could see it in person!
I have seen flamethrowers basically for clearing sidewalks, if done by humans they could've melted most using something like that and then dragged something behind them to cover their tracks. Again, impossible to tell from a couple of pictures.
Do what you want with that information, even aliens may have feet. Happy sleuthing and a merry new years fellow ATSer's!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Crops are harder to explain but with snow anyone could do that!
hell even i could do a few circles and say it was alien.

Now the only crop circle that is genuine to me is the Aricebo reply in August 2001 and the next part of that message in August 2002

EDIT: and the footprints are easy to expalin..it's snow for bloody sake easy to hide footprints by putting snow into any holes or rubbing over the snow lightly.

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe they should try putting them on the tree tops. Now, that would be hard to explain. Hmm, maybe they have already.
Whoever does the circles, are definitely not as good in the snow.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As for other related topics on the same thing I am just doing a quick search and have found an ATS thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and

In Japan a circle appeared in a rice paddy field and the following morning thousands of gallons of water had also vanished - equal to the volume of the crop circle. Snow circles have even been photographed in the mountains of Afghanistan, with no footsteps leading to them. You can't tell me that hoaxers are driving around in water tankers or lowering themselves out of helicopters. These aren't simple circles either. The snow circles in Afghanistan were arranged in a quintuplet, similar to some of the 'Celtic cross' designs seen in Southern England.

www.cropcircleresearch.com...

and another ATS thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The thing that bugs me is the diagram drawn precisely and with perfect circles except for the 2 large ones described as elliptical which they aren't...just uneven circles....but the circles in the snow AREN'T perfect and we never see a photo of the entire field. Also this being posted by a supposed research team despite not having been fully investigated...A more detailed report, with additional photos, will be posted on the BLT Research Team's web-site (www.bltresearch.com...) shortly.

I'm no expert but I'm not buying it...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

before you waste time making a short comment that does not really help.

well considering the grass all flows the same direction and the obvious pattern of consentric lines.. I would say a shovel is the evil alien mastermind behind this. I am also willing to bet the begining of these 'mysterious' circles and possibly the end are right at the ege of an area that has no snow. something like a road, or a sidewalk... we dont see either pic though, so........

um yeah.. I got a feeling something really bad is going to happen in the snow...... FAAAAAAAAART! seriously? some guy says he thinks circles will "form in the snow so it must happen before xmas" what a load of bullocks! Oh and it just so happens that this takes place in HIS HOME TOWN! What, pray tell, ARE THE ODDS!? OH IT MUST BE OF THE UNIVERS! I THINK I SHOULD MEDITATE!!!! you would think if it were some mysterious universal consciousness, they would know how to make more than 3 perfect circles out of 23.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
When I saw this I just got a weird feeling(when I saw the map of it). I don't know why it is just somehow familiar to me. I think it has something to do with our universe.
really? I got a wierd feeling too. I think they call it laughter

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by game over man

The snow fall is lite, so a possible theory is they laid massive amounts of salt, so when it started snowing it melted into the shapes we are looking at.
THAT....is a brilliant idea man...I wonder if it would really work like we see in those pictures...I can see people trying this out now...and creating really wacky snow circles...it'd probably cost a lot for all the salt though!

not to mention the fact that it would ruin the soil, please don't get any strange ideas.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
ok..i have a ton of fresh snow outside that i could go out and trample down, sledge, or sprinkle salt on..but why would i?

gosh some people need to use their time more productively than illustrating hoaxes...
*our world in decline

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by game over man

The snow fall is lite, so a possible theory is they laid massive amounts of salt, so when it started snowing it melted into the shapes we are looking at.
THAT....is a brilliant idea man...I wonder if it would really work like we see in those pictures...I can see people trying this out now...and creating really wacky snow circles...it'd probably cost a lot for all the salt though!

salt is VERY cheap...its one thing that there is almost an unlimited abundance of and isnt difficult to obtain...most streets in the UK have a large yellow or blue container at the end that is filled with salt and grit for people to put on their driveways or on the road...its always filled up and never empty...that salt idea to make the circles is clever i like it...and would be a simple explanation for this

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think these circles were done by dragging something like a child's sledge that was weighted down.This would explain the 'missing' snow. If it was pulled backwards that would cover any footprints. It's very easy to compact 3 or 4 inches of snow, just think of when we make footprints, no mystery there.

The smallest circles have the same size outline as the bigger ones which makes them look clumsy. If this was done by aliens surely they would be able to scale the outline to match the size of each circle. This also confirms that whatever made the outlines is a rigid object such as a sledge or shovel.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
Aw come on, you only have to take one look to see that the circles were made by a person dragging something or other behind them, or perhaps even their feet.

You cant see the whole field so you cant tell if there are footprints leading up to the first circle but it would be very simple to make on circle then jump to the side to start the next and create a whole picture without any footprints being visible.

Nothing unexplainable about this whatsoever.

Easily done.

Exactly. You can see the footprints in the lower left circle.

Hello? Baffled? Really? Whatever?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join