It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Other Ridiculous Rasmussen Poll Results

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
airamerica.com




Republicans are always citing the Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll as evidence of the fall of President Obama and every other Democrat in the nation. Urban legend has it that Rasmussen grades the approval of Democratic politicians lower than any other poll. Air America found out that the legend is real: Here are some other surprising Rasmussen Poll results:

1) 75% of Americans prefer the taste of Moxie versus all Coca-Cola and Pepsi products.

2) Sarah Palin won the 2008 Presidential election with 53% of the vote over Barack Obama.

3) Only 13% of the nation does not enjoy standing in long lines at the bank and grocery store.

4) Less than 1% of the public believe that the Democrats are not going to criminalize beer.

5) 44% of the tea bagger protesters show up to oppose someone named "Warren Christmas."

6) John McCain has never diametrically contradicted his own positions according to 85% of Americans.

7) 78% of Americans believe that the popularity of Fox News proves it's accuracy.

8) 112% of the country thinks George W. Bush was a competent, thoughtful president.

9) Only 23% of the public disapproves of Glenn Beck's haircut and general demeanor.

10) 20% of Americans think that the other 80% are idiots, while only 74% think that of the other 26%.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


I'm not sure this isn't a spoof of Rasmussen, but they ARE just about as outrageous as these results show.

Good for a laugh, anyway.



[edit on 23-12-2009 by Sestias]




posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
112% of the country thought Big George was competant??
How can you get a figure like 112% when 100% should be everyone in America?????

I wonder how anyone could not see thru that one.



posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias
 


I'm going to have to say that those aren't real poll results.

It may be true though that Rasmussen "grades" Democrats lower than other polls. If it is true, I'd say it stems from his polling pool. He only polls likely voters as opposed to all eligible voters, like many others polls do. This is important because, typically from what I've read, there are more liberal minded people that are registered that don't actually vote. Polling likely voters shows what those that are actually going to go and vote think.

From what I remember, Rasmussen's '08 election results weren't too far from reality. I think he was either the closest or second closest of the major polls.



posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
but who needs facts, common sense, decency, and intelligence when the thing we're talking about is proof that Obama is a Muslim!


Because...all Muslims are evil and they're out to cut off the head of Christ

Its proof that he's an evil nazi too ya know? See that swastika reflection in his pupil?


...NO?! Don't lie!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Snarf]



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom
 


It's so obvious that Rasmussen has a bias toward the right that it seems probable his polls cannot be all that reliable. It seems likely that he knows how to get the answers he wants from the people he chooses to poll.

Most pollsters, of course, do have a bias. Even the ones that try hard to be objective.

Basically, they all get the results they want to get.



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias
 


Rusmassen? Founded by Scott Rusmassen who was a paid consultant for the 2004 Bush campaign? The polling outlet that continously comes out with personal suggestive polling questions regarding the president? The same polling outlet that always tends to poll conservative candidates ahead of other polling data, and the liberal ones below in comparison to other polling data?

Yes I know, Rusmassen is bias. But then again, when referencing polling data in general, its best to reference a range of polling data. Its a mistake to constantly refer to one.



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ras was fairly inaccurate during the election...
I do not see why anyone would prefer an overly optimistic source for data anyhow.
I would much rather hear it like it is, but thats just me. You know what was dead on though

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

This guy became a staple on MSNBC - however I found his site well before it became
"popular", if anybody wants some fine, unbias (tipped) political polling this is the site.
Already has some 2010 data going, I don't see why anybody would go anywhere else
for election geared polling stats. I'll be-damned if he didn't get the zingers right this last cycle.



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


In his response to his site, I find even he might have political leanings but he does not allow that to skew his math.

538 is a spot on way to follow a good average of polling and predictions for the political arena. That said, even he can sometimes be biased, though I sense it less in him then others, and especially ram polls.



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by Janky Red
 


In his response to his site, I find even he might have political leanings but he does not allow that to skew his math.

538 is a spot on way to follow a good average of polling and predictions for the political arena. That said, even he can sometimes be biased, though I sense it less in him then others, and especially ram polls.

Ya I didn't clarify well
2008 He was honest in a very "naked" way, clearly he favored Obama, but he would state his worries and outline his thoughts in a very transparent way. The difference is that I don't think he saw his site thru a political lens, rather a functional one. I don't think there is a veiled agenda or even a belief that a hidden bias would influence reality. This last part is what dumbfounds me about RAS and the people who only accept RAS as the straight dope. Why seek a skewed source for predictive purposes? Maybe thats just my personality over looking other important considerations-
I searched for days to find that site, I reviewed many before settling

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Janky Red]

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Janky Red]



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian
 


Yes, that Rasmussen.

It's true that polls can be used to try to convince people that certain things are a result of a popular consensus when in fact they are not.

A wide variety of polls should be consulted, and even then you have to remember they only measure people's feelings and opinions at that moment. A lot depends on how the questions are framed.

Rasmussen has a reputation for asking slanted questions.



posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red
 


I checked out your link and it looks very solid. Have bookmarked it for future reference. Thanks.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join