It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Tree and the Mushroom Cult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I wasnt sure were to post this so please move if need be

This is a great article indeed, and you thought Christmas tree's and what not was to do with Christ? lol

It makes one wonder just how far people go to suppress and twist history.

Let the truth be known!!!

" The traditional aspects of the Christmas tree of today come mainly from Germanic and Scandinavian origins. Christmas as we've come to know it is like other Christian festivals, a mixture of traditions brought together from a variety of backgrounds to satisfy all under Rome !

Those various traditions each had their own enlightenment rituals which became symbolized; over time we've forgotten the meaning of the symbols, but like most other hidden knowledge it is right under our noses.

In Finland, the Shamans, and one in particular called Hold Nickar, are known to have worn red suits with white spots to pick the sacred Amanita Muscaria or Fly Agaric mushrooms, which are themselves red with white spots. On returning home from picking, on reindeer sleighs, they had their mushrooms in a sack, and re entered their lodges through the smoke hole in the roof ! Hold Nickar and friends ate those mushrooms to enter the Christ Consciousness, that's how he became Saint Nickar, or Saint Nicholas as we now know him !

The reindeer also ate the mushrooms, which is why they are characterized as flying, although this ties in with other older legends of gods flying the skies at night once a year giving gifts to the worthy.

In German and Norse traditions it was normal to hang the dried Amanitas on the Christmas tree for decoration; but there is another relationship between the Amanita and the Christmas tree in that the Amanita's mycelium (roots) can only grow in the root zone of certain trees; just about anything you could call a Christmas tree is suitable although Birch are also good. That is why we have a decorated Pine or some such tree at Christmas. One of the earliest natural decorations used were dried Amanitas !

One other thing about Pines is the pine cone which represents the Pineal gland which is situated centrally in the brain, and looks just like a little pine cone. It is the activation by the Amanita of the pineal gland, that opens the internal inter-dimensional stargate that allows us to travel as consciousness to other very real dimensions, resulting in what could be considered the enlightenment of the Shaman !

You can often see the Pope dressed in white with a red cape to represent the Amanita Muscaria, or sometimes in all white with a little white cap, to represent the Psilocybin or Liberty Cap magic mushroom. A lot of traditions use entheogens ( teacher drugs) to enter an enlightened state, Christianity is based on entheogen use amongst other enlightenment practices. There is an enormous pine cone on a plinth at the Vatican to represent the pineal gland; Roman Catholicism is in part a mushroom cult that hasn't bothered to tell its members !

When in times gone by a man with flying reindeer, and dressed in red suit with white spots (buttons) entered your lodge, through the smoke hole in the roof, to bring a present from his sack, he was bringing the gift of enlightenment by activation of the pineal gland, which is represented by adding pine cones to the tree's decorations to symbolize that gland, which then hang on the tree alongside the dried mushroom that activates it. The Star on top of the tree represents enlightenment itself ! "

by Glenn Bullock

Be safe and be well

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I love reading about how holiday traditions started.
I know not all (maybe this one as well) are not true, but they do make for some interesting reading. Merry Christmas to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I love reading about how holiday traditions started.
I know not all (maybe this one as well) are not true, but they do make for some interesting reading. Merry Christmas to you.

Greetings Maybee, Merry Christmas to you to

Here's another interesting read thats well worth a read >

Santa Claus the Magic Mushroom

Be safe and be well.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I've picked and dried some fly agarics this season they are truly a beautiful mushroom to have as decoration.

The spirit of the mushroom is said to be a maggot, It was once spoke of in legend that a man who disrespected the amanita would throw up maggots as the spirit of the mushroom leaving his body in protest.

But really, it is known that insects will seek out entheogens for themselves, slugs and flies especially - I suppose even they are looking for a type of evolution arent they?

I find it interesting that the mushrooms I picked out of reverence and respect dried perfectly and whole, but the one I just grabbed by the roadside and left to dry was consumed by maggots the following day.

Its a very different mushroom...thats for sure, I've never tried eating one but their presence alone is very interesting and seems to radiate a form of occult power.

Its interesting just to have one of these mushrooms around the house, seems to attract some serious spirits

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My friend,

Greetings, many thanks for bringing this thread back to life and showing an interest

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
I've picked and dried some fly agarics this season they are truly a beautiful mushroom to have as decoration.

I agree, I have them for decoration not at Xmas time [becuase I dont believe in it] but hang them around the house when my friends gather to celebrate birthdays, summer and winter solstice and new moons

The spirit of the mushroom is said to be a maggot, It was once spoke of in legend that a man who disrespected the amanita would throw up maggots as the spirit of the mushroom leaving his body in protest.

Could you imagine that happening, talk about a " whitey " lol

But really, it is known that insects will seek out entheogens for themselves, slugs and flies especially - I suppose even they are looking for a type of evolution arent they?

I suppose in many ways they are, yes. Is it not true that Maggots feed off dead meat? Where would they see the attraction in Mushrooms do ya think?

I find it interesting that the mushrooms I picked out of reverence and respect dried perfectly and whole, but the one I just grabbed by the roadside and left to dry was consumed by maggots the following day.

Wow, thats kinda freaky my friend. Can you give a more indepth description on why you thought that happened?

Its a very different mushroom...thats for sure, I've never tried eating one but their presence alone is very interesting and seems to radiate a form of occult power.

Shamanism is very much an occult and I very strongly believe in the power of Fly Agaric. With not wanting to break ATS rules, I look forward to November every year

Its interesting just to have one of these mushrooms around the house, seems to attract some serious spirits

I absolutely agree, and have experienced the paranormal with them being positioned around my house at various times of the year

Many thanks again for contributing my friend, its greatly appreciated indeed

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Aaaaugh it's upon us again. The Holiday season. I am getting ready to start the shopping and thinking about the cooking. I am definitely not going to over-do it this year. Darn it! and this time I really mean it.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This sounds like an egg man disinfo campaign. The Fly Agaric mushroom is not native to the desert regions of Egypt or Rome where the roots of Christianity took their nourishment. There are roman legends about the dangers of substance abuse to be found in Homer's Odyssey written about 700 BC. When Homer and his crew stop at the island of the Lotus-Eaters it almost ends their journey.

www.iamshaman.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by maybee
Aaaaugh it's upon us again. The Holiday season. I am getting ready to start the shopping and thinking about the cooking. I am definitely not going to over-do it this year. Darn it! and this time I really mean it.

Welcome back

Be safe on your journey wont ya

lol

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Bordon81
This sounds like an egg man disinfo campaign.

Not really, in my opinion of course. I dont think it's disinfo because of recorded history, but then is any of our history true

The Fly Agaric mushroom is not native to the desert regions of Egypt or Rome where the roots of Christianity took their nourishment. There are roman legends about the dangers of substance abuse to be found in Homer's Odyssey written about 700 BC. When Homer and his crew stop at the island of the Lotus-Eaters it almost ends their journey.

Interesting theory indeed, and from what I've read in the link you provided is certainly plausable. I'll be sure to finish it of later this evening

www.iamshaman.com...

Many thanks for the link

And indeed many thanks for contributing to this thread, its greatly appreciated indeed.

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 24-10-2010 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
This sounds like an egg man disinfo campaign.

Actually, it reads like it's a joke -- particularly if you read up on the cultures. I think you came across the equivalent of an article from "The Onion."

Here's some information:
www.factmonster.com...

Santa Claus doesn't show up in a red suit until fairly recently (Saint Nicholas rode a horse, I believe) and the reindeer are VERY new traditions (1900's)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well, the Christmas tree has to do a'lot with Jesus Christ. The Christmas tree is symbolic. Its a symbol of the daath, of gnosis. Its the tree of life. Jesus Christ became a Christ, by following the tree of life. In it, is the direction of how to become a Christ. That is all. That is the truth. That is truth. If people don't believe in it. Well, then don't.

Inverencial Peace

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

More reason why Christianity is a pagan religion then Abrahamic.
I refuse to believe in a pagan influenced false Messiah/God.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

edit on 24-10-2010 by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet because: Double

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The traditional shaman wore red robes and they knew that it was a more potent hallucinogen when the urine was drunk. The raw mushrooms are so highly toxic that they would feed them to reindeer who filtered the toxin and urinated highly hallucinogenic pee-pee that was safely drunk in large portions by the shaman and villagers.

You can imagine the outcome.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Byrd

Santa Claus doesn't show up in a red suit until fairly recently (Saint Nicholas rode a horse, I believe) and the reindeer are VERY new traditions (1900's)
en.wikipedia.org...

Greetings

According to this article from the BBC, it was the Coca Cola company in the 1930's that made Father Christmas more universal however, it was a printer named Louis Prang whom introduced Santa in 1885 >

Furthermore, although an advertising campaign by the Coca Cola Company in the 1930s made a red-garbed image of Father Christmas almost universal, this was already fairly well-established by the late 19th Century, following the introduction to the American public of the Victorian English custom of sending Christmas cards, by a Boston printer named Louis Prang. He introduced a red-suited Santa in 1885. With an expansion of global exploration in Victorian times, travellers returned home from visiting the Sami of Lapland2 with the story of flying reindeer, spreading the tale all over central Europe.

So, pretty much bang on with what your saying

It then goes on to say >

The first reference in print connecting Santa Claus and reindeer appears in the 1823 poem 'A Visit from St. Nicholas' by Major Henry Livingston Jr (the famous 'Twas the Night Before Christmas').

It appears Santa was known alot ealier than expected.

And in connection to the OP >

Siberian shamans live in tepee-like structures made of reindeer skin, called yurts, with a roof supported by a birch pole and a smokehole at the top. At the midwinter festivals of Annual Renewal, the shaman gathers the fly agaric from under sacred trees. Interestingly, whilst harvesting the toadstools, the shaman wears special attire, consisting of red and white fur-trimmed coats and long black boots ie, very much like the modern day depiction of Santa Claus. He then enters his yurt through the smokehole, carrying a sack full of dried fly agaric, and descends the birch pole to the floor. Once inside, the shaman performs his ceremonies and shares out the toadstool's gifts with those gathered inside. Following this, he leaves up the pole and back through the smokehole.

I thought this short story was worth sharing >

There was a nobleman who had three daughters, and who had fallen on hard times. As the nobleman could not afford their dowries his daughters had little prospect of marriage; and so they faced a life of prostitution. St. Nicholas heard of this and, one night, threw a sack of gold through a window of the nobleman's castle. The sack contained enough gold to provide for one daughter's marriage. The next night he tossed another sack of gold through the window for the second daughter. But, on the third night the window was closed, so St. Nicholas dropped the third sack of gold down the chimney. On hearing of this, townsfolk began hanging stockings by the fireplace at night to collect any gold that might come their way.

Here's the full article.

It seems there are many, many different tales of the rise of Saint Nicholas and Santa, in various folklore civilizations. lol

Many thanks for the contribution, much appreciated indeed

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 26-10-2010 by Spiro because: Someone pinched my dictionary!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
The traditional shaman wore red robes and they knew that it was a more potent hallucinogen when the urine was drunk. The raw mushrooms are so highly toxic that they would feed them to reindeer who filtered the toxin and urinated highly hallucinogenic pee-pee that was safely drunk in large portions by the shaman and villagers.

You can imagine the outcome.

The Sami have a custom of feeding fly agaric to their deer and collecting the urine to drink. The reindeer's digestive system metabolises the more poisonous components of the toadstool, leaving urine with the hallucinogenic and psychotropic elements of the fungus intact. Drinking the urine gives a 'high' similar to taking '___'. Under the hallucinatory effects of the drink, the Sami thought their reindeer were flying through space, looking down on the world. The reindeers' liking for the toadstool hallucinogens are such that they, in turn, have been known to eat the snow on which intoxicated humans have urinated, creating a reciprocating cycle.

I dont think I could drink the pee from a Reindeer

www.bbc.co.uk...

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 26-10-2010 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
when i was 5 years old, the family & a friend went mushroom humting up in Michigan,
in a pine tree forest as i recall.
i was told to absolutely not put my fingers in my mouth, and to look for red & white spotted
mushrooms under the trees.

we spent the midday hours hunting and collecting..as i recall the days bounty was never used by us
but we very soon afterward went to visit a old relative in a Chicago apt. he was a veryold 75ish
uncle, from the old country , Lithuania...

i suppose that mom dried the shrooms, and gifted them to the in-law,
i was wise beyond my years, i just knew that the mushrooms were 'magical' & 'hush-hush'

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It's an excellent topic, a REAL conspiracry

www.huppi.com...

Here's a very interesting article i found a while back on it, LIBERAL reasons not to celebrate christmas. Religion aside, there are plenty reasons to ignore this fake holiday.

In South Africa recently, Woolworths was slaughtered in the popular media after a decision to suspend religious magazines. Aside from totally destroying their credibility with conflicting statements, and general um, ah, we don't really know, the point was made that this is shortly before they embark on a "religious holiday spending extravaganza". Hypocritical, just a tad.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

You can find the Amantia everywhere spruce's grows (symbiotic).
If you chop down the spruce, it also goes away, and that's why they turned to Psilocybe semilanceata...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry for necro-posting, but I think this is truly a great Christmas conspiracy related subject. I won't be making my own thread, but I think more people should be aware of this. Unless of course it's been debunked? Hope to read more from you guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join