It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Slaps $15,000 Annual Fee on Middle Class Families

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What happen to the idea of free health care. 15,000 for a family of four. This is insane. So if they only bring home 40,000 before taxes, netting 30,000, they are going to take half of their money for not having health care. How are they supposed to live on that. This is a robbery of what is left of the middle class. There is not common sense left in government. How do they expect people to feed their children, pay for water service, keep a roof over their head. They are purposely making us all homeless and living in the streets.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine0099thousand
How much do familys of four pay per year on average for health insurance (not gained through employment)?
[edit on 23-12-2009 by nine0099thousand]

In my case, family insurance coverage costs just under $13,000 a year. My employer carries about 1/2 of that for me. I am in my 40's and my family members are very healthy.

I suspect this will cause the same catastrophe as mandatory automobile insurance.
It has not killed the auto insurance industry one bit and rates now...

Well, just ask the Lizard on your TV or the Google Eyed stack of cash.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Senate bill is cleverly designed to gather revenues (higher taxes, fees, and other offsets) over the full 10 year window but delays paying out the major benefits, like subsidies, until the last 6 years. So, the 2010-2019 estimate is not a full cost estimate of all provisions fully implemented and will certainly add significantly to the true cost of the bill. Moreover, as with all government programs, they always cost more than originally promised.
So you wind up paying taxes for four years before anyone gets any benefits of any kind....screwed for years before even a courtesy kiss.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

At least if you don't want to pay for car insurance you don't drive, that is a choice, health care bill is not.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

The free health care Aka public choice was killed by the big insurance company in one of the bills, still don't expect the merging bill to bring anything but another win for the Obscene insurance business.

But remember we as people on of this nation can beat this bill under the constitutionality of it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
At least if you don't want to pay for car insurance you don't drive, that is a choice, health care bill is not.

Sure it is. You dont have to pay for it if you dont live.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well let see when the IRS gets into your money, remember they are the ones that will be monitoring if you have insurance or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zz0409

You couldn't afford $350 a month for health insurance??????????
I find that hard to believe.

One of the problems with our country is Americans don't put their health first. I'd love to hear people that complain about how expensive is give up their Ipods, fancy computers, cell phones, and all the other stuff MOST of us don't need.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Is people in this nation that don't even have that much to pay for food in their homes, neither is a lot of people that make more than 15,000 a year, now are you willing to be a nice tax payer and take the burden of their care for them?.

After all the middle class in the nation will be paying for everything as usual.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by zz0409

You couldn't afford $350 a month for health insurance??????????
I find that hard to believe.

One of the problems with our country is Americans don't put their health first. I'd love to hear people that complain about how expensive is give up their Ipods, fancy computers, cell phones, and all the other stuff MOST of us don't need.
That's third of my monthly income. Add car insurance, gas, food, house/rent payment to that and I could argue that I'm just living to fulfill my role as a source of income for corporate America.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You're right, this bill is a win for the governement, big pharma and the insurance industry. The only losers are the people but nobody in Washington cares about the people anymore, they all work for lobbyists.

The people still have power, they just have to realize it. If they pass this and the people refuse to comply, what can they do put us all in jail?

I plan to revolt if this goes through, I will not provide the IRS any proof of health insurance and I will refuse to pay and fines or penalty. Come get me, I will be waiting. If we all did this they would have no choice but to repeal the law. They would have to spend too much time a resources to try to prosecute us all. We should not just lay down and take it, the government is supposed to work for us not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Is people in this nation that don't even have that much to pay for food in their homes, neither is a lot of people that make more than 15,000 a year, now are you willing to be a nice tax payer and take the burden of their care for them?.

That is the problem; you do not understand that you already pay for it.

I worked in the medical industry; people who carry no insurance are treated by your doctor, for free. You just do not know it. Look up the value of "charity care" and bad debt for the hospital system.
Then the hospital has to make more money to treat you, so they raise the cost to you.

Also, guess who is paying for the community health centers to treat people without insurance. Yes you guessed it the US government pays them in grants. It is called a (FQHC) Federally Qualified Health Center.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
according to the CNN poll, the 7AM Senate vote tomorrow (24 dec '09)

will pass the bill with a vote of 60 for the bill, 39 against, & i guess i 'present' vote.

so much for the UN-democratism of the former america, as we now will replace the 'central planner USSR' as the villian on the world stage....
i guess that China will conduct a 'cold-war' against the fascist america
in the 21st century redux.

cheers all.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So does someone want to explain what the incentive is to try to make anything of yourself in this country? Seems to me to get a #ty entry level job, you've got to take on massive college loans. Then if you reach a certain income bracket you've got to pay all these massive amounts of taxes (I think it's 35% of your income now not counting state taxes?) and now if you're trying to make they hit you these mandatory health insurance costs.

What country am I living in? This isn't the America I was raised to believe in.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx

Obamacare Slaps $15,000 Annual Fee on Middle Class Families

townha ll.com

The Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the final Senate health care bill indicates it would slap a mandatory annual fee of about $15,000 on middle-class families that earn an annual income greater than 400 percent of the federal poverty level ($88,200 for a family of four) and are not provided with health insurance by their employer.

On Dec. 19, the CBO sent a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., analyzing the fiscal impact of the bill the Senate is poised to vote on before Christmas.

The CBO analysis cites five basic facts about the bill that acting together would deal a devastating financial blow to many middle-class families if the bill is enacted and enforced as written.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/23/2009 by x2Strongx]

We know Americans would rather pay billions for useless wars than help someone get Universal Healthcare! LOL!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Absum!

That is because hell-care is a tax on living. The bastards are actually taxing life now. If you are alive, you pay the tax or go to jail. Then they hit you with the death tax. You are not even safe from having liberals/progressives rob you blind after you croak!

Progressives are a disease that needs to be eradicated, just like any other disease.

edit for spelling

[edit on 23-12-2009 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
For those who don't realize this, the bill hasn't yet passed in the Senate and they are still engaged in a game of chicken....you might call it negotiations but make no mistake much of this is political theater and a way to rile up the masses to raise money for the mid-term elections.

No one, neither right or left is happy about the mandates except the insurance industry. There is still a lot to be worked out and negotiated. They will continue to make amendments and adjustments until the the Senate bill passes. Maybe tomorrow they'll have it hammered out but believe me it isn't over. There are a few programs which will go into effect almost immediately but most won't until 2014 and there will be a lot of changes by then.

I fully expect them to drop the mandate to buy insurance at some point, I'm a lefty and I think it is wrong too, but we really need to do something to bring costs down and get more people health care.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Community health centers are supported by local taxes too. Usually local and State cigarette taxes on top of Federal cigarette taxes. Cigarette smokers usually pay for more health care than they actually use proportionate to the rest of the population. I hate to remind you all of this but health problems related to obesity are the hugest expense...and no I don't smoke anymore nor am I overweight but I had to work real hard to lose the weight and quit smoking. You can do it if you keep trying, even if you slip up never stop trying.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Politicians live by polls when they run for election. Why do they ignore the will of the people when polls like these come out is beyond me.

I hope Reid reaps what he sows(BS) and the voters of Nevada show him the door.

Fifty-three percent of those polled say they do not support reform legislation, wich 39% in favor. In October, 49% opposed it and 40% favored it.

From the Review-Journal's write up of the poll, here are a few paragraphs that must sound like music to Republicans:

Fueling discontent with the bill, the poll shows, is the growing belief by Nevadans that Obama's reform package will raise taxes, result in rationing of health care, and cause major cuts to Medicare programs.

thehill.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugstomper
We know Americans would rather pay billions for useless wars than help someone get Universal Healthcare! LOL!

Yes, now they will pay trillions for both useless wars and useless universal healthcare! LOL! LOL! LOL!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join