It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big freeze brings misery and death to Europe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I was down in Bournmouth in the south of England over the weekend and all the TV did when I got back to the hotel room was doom and gloom weather reports about snowfalls, blizzards and chaos on the roads, so much so that I left to get home a day earlier ( much to the wifes annoyance) and did we pass one roadblock? one crashed car? or for that matter one patch of snow?
Nope , it was sunny , mild and driving conditions were great.
So more fear mongering on the TV , OK maybe Basingtoke had bad snowfall the night before but we passed Basingstoke on the way home and not a flurry in sight.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Awwww thanks luv!! But the stupid north sea salty air will only melt it
... It was my last chance for a while too; Im moving to Australia in the new year and i never got to make snow angels, snowmen and ambush the neighbours with snowballs

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just for the ones who are NOT from europe and must think we're going through an ice age here... EVERYTHING'S FINE! MOVE ALONE THERES NOTHING TO SEE HERE. People are dying like they die each year and no, theres not a degree less than any other year...

We're fine really... lol... who comes up with those headlines anyway?! When I read the title I went "day after tomorrow" sheeet!

Merry Christmas to you all... and I still envy New York and every damn city in the world that has snow! Have fun!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
reply to post by budski

You talk like every single study used manipulated data and statistics to show that global warming is occurring. That is just not true. There are many great scientists who put out many great studies which show why the Earth is most likely warming...but they didn't have the power of the media.

You've been played

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Nickmare]

Wow, how arrogant are you?

I've been looking at this since it first came to prominence (through gore) in the mid-late 90's

The only thing which is occurring is that evidence contrary to what the PTB want published is routinely suppressed and ridiculed.

Evidence which shows the exact opposite of what the AGW proponents want us to believe is dismissed out of hand.

Data manipulation and lies are rife.

Hansen of GISS has been caught on at least 2 occasions lying about data - he also happens to be a friend of gore and owns shares in his carbon credit trading company - and guess where sat temp readings and data sets come from...

The famous Mann "hockey stick" has been debunked over and over again, and each time, they make a "correction" but still insist on each occasion that the data is spot on even though they've had to change it.

CO2 monitoring stations have been placed downwind from active volcanoes.

Thousands of siberian temp monitoring stations have been dis-regarded or closed out, because with that data set it's shown that GW does not exist.

The urban heat island effect is ignored.

Temp monitoring stations have been placed next to hot air vents and in car parks with a high albedo effect to reflect heta and further skew the data.

Evidence showing solar influence has been suppressed and ignored.

CO2 does NOT drive warming, warming drives CO2.

Suppression of the MWP and RWP are routine, and these "anomolies" are left out because they do not conform to the message being disseminated.

The little ice age is also routinely suppressed and not included in data sets for the same reason.

Data showing the correlation between solar activity, volcanic activity and temperature anomolies are routinely ignored and suppressed.

The list goes on and on.

And yet I'm the one who's being played.

Come back when you have a clue what you're talking about instead of throwing out thinly veiled insults.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

This weather is nothing new.... just seems to be on a cycle thats all... there was a lot of snow back in the 70's and 80's and then it left us but now 25 years later it's back... maybe it will be here for 25 years before it leaves us again....

There is no big freeze... i havn't even got my heating on

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Hey there, I'm a little bit east of you on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors ... and I've noticed exactly the same thing.

The snow and ice snaps are definately lasting longer than they did.

Woody

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh no, global warming is busted. I froze my ass the last day when I went outside and I did not feel any global warming. Very cold, it has not been this cold in a while. I think it's just a cycle. Reports show polar caps freezing again at the north pole.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'm not trying to insult you, so sorry if you feel that way.

But for someone who has followed global warming for so long, you seem to be looking too closely at one side of the argument.

First, are you against AGW, or just GW in general? Is every planet warming, or is the Earth not warming at all as indicated by the snowstorms? Which one? The snowstorms would indicate no GW at all is what I thought was being portrayed.

I've heard all your arguments before by deniers, and I've seen them debunked. That includes Hansen fudging data, Mann's hockey stick analogy, urban heat not being accounted for, etc, etc. Yet I see them continuously being used by deniers.

I can't imagine taking the time to explain to you why they are debunked. Would it make you believe the globe is warming if I did?

If you knew we were destroying the world, but many people didn't want to see it because it meant change, wouldn't you push ahead with the change anyway? Hypothetically of course.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Im on the west coast of Scotland and dont see any diffirence from the winters now to the winters we had as a boy (30 +years). Im right beside the sea so dont usually see much snow and that is the same for this winter.

What I am noticing though, is that we can have 3 types of weather in the same 24 hour period.

An example Tuesday 22nd December

6.00am temp -2.5 snowing
10.00am temp -1 snowing ( now 2 inches of snow on the ground)
1.00pm temp 0.5 raining heavily
3.00pm temp 2.0 snow gone, rain off. Clear sky
4.00pm temp 0.5 freezing fog
6.00pm temp - 3.0 freezing fog
9.00pm temp - 4.0 fog gone
11.00pm temp - 6.0
4.am ? temp ? snowing heavily
6.00am 23rd temp -5.0 clear sky

As I said we dont get much snow where I am, but its even more rare to get it then have it washed away with rain straight after.

GW?? who knows.

respects

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

Sources, citations, documents, please.

So far you've offered nothing except opinion - whereas everything I've stated can be found under my threads with sources, citations and documents.

Put up or shut up.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alesanjin
I see what you mean. But, just for the record, global warming means hotter summers, and much colder winters.

How do you figure? Those ice caps are not going to thaw if we have much colder winters. At least the polar bears will be safe.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This weather is nothing new.... just seems to be on a cycle thats all... there was a lot of snow back in the 70's and 80's and then it left us but now 25 years later it's back... maybe it will be here for 25 years before it leaves us again....

There is no big freeze... i havn't even got my heating on

I know it's not, that is my point

The thread title was different originally, then an MOD changed the title of the thread to the same as the BBC News source that the OP was linked too.

I agree with you by the way.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by Alesanjin

I see what you mean. But, just for the record, global warming means hotter summers, and much colder winters. Not just mass warming.

Then it's not GLOBAL warming, is it?

It's a contradiction in terms is what it is

Indeed, we all know that all GW is, is just our Sun going through its natural cycles and the dawning of our Suns various trinity-grouped equinoxes. Just like little Ol'e Planet Earth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join