It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kill your pets to save the environment.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0393c4f63700.jpg[/atsimg]

They had a chicken running across the road back and forth in front of a McDonalds up here in Anchorage a while back. I understand that McDonalds business went up that day. Watching a nut in a chicken suit is a hungry business.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by decadence
oh should we kill our fellow human too? since we are part of the 'reasons the climate change.

Stop feeding lies to people. Climate is changing and it always has with or without us.

Yeah, you know, if we all turned to cannibalism, the whole 'survival of the fittest' thing would kick back in and we wouldn't have all this silly overpopulation going on. Anyone feel like Chinese for dinner? I hear there are a billion and a half of them now. Geez, that's food for years! Hell while we're at it, why not turn morgues into walk-in diners. Guess the ethnicity of your food, and you eat free!

...That's about as silly as the article on the OP, which I read earlier, and immediately dismissed. To a lot of people, their pets are like their children, asking people to get rid of them is asinine. I wonder if the people in the article have any pets?

Chrono

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think this is what we would call rather extreme steps to prevent climate change. How about if we stopped breathing, that would do the trick to reduce CO2!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by john124]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind doing away with the two kiwis (New Zealanders) that spewed forth this utter crap. In fact I wouldn't mind gettin rid of a lot of humans. Take a lot of them through my court...............nah, not good enough for our earth, get rid of them Egor........

As someone said here, I would rather have my precious putty cat and dog living with me in my house than some humans, God I mean my generation X and Y kids are a pain in the butt thinking the world owes them a living. They do nothing but groan and moan. thank God the youngest will be 28 next March, most of them have gone but sometimes come back, then go again and come back again. Nah leave me with my putty and dog thanks.

Getting me gun out now, ringing Qantas, NZ is only a few hours from here.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hopefully these fools will be ostracized and marginalized...
Fads die thanks god, I assure you all, eventually the majority of eco nuts will
find the correct level of devotion, which will not include breathing or farts.

Hopefully

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is ridiculous, it's just intended to make environmentalists look like a bunch of nutjobs. I'm an environmentalist and I'm not planning to kill my pets nor eat them, thank you very much. I love my pets, they're all rescued, and we also make sure their carbon footprint is not that big, also for economy reasons.

The real problem here is the abundance of cats and dogs breeding uncontrolled and that fill the shelters after they're being abandoned. While some people make money out of selling cats and dogs. It's disgusting, really. If people would be more responsible with their pets, and we'd only have the cats and dogs that are truly wanted and needed, everyone would be happier, including the environment.

Kill your pet? Nah. Be responsible about your pet? Yeah.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
ok the whole "carbon footprint" thing is retarded.
global warming/cooling,whichever side you are on,is a fact.
It's called fluctuations,goes hot then cold then hot again.

Free bit of knowledge-the only constant in the universe is change,adapt or die.

earth has never been a paradise,isn't a paradise now and will never be a paradise.because there is no such thing as a paradise.

maybe if more people believed in reality than imaginary sky gods and their political chosen things would be better.maybe not.
but you will get no paradise here,
sorry little girl no pony for you.

we should all keep pigs,they're made of rich delicious bacon

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
THIS IS SO DUMB! MAYBE WE SHAL NOT EAT 20 BURGERS A WEAK?!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Personally I think the planet would be better with the likes of my dog vs humanity.

He doesn't lie
He doesn't betray me by telling anyone my "secrets" - If I tell him, now don't tell anyone this - he won't. (Even if he could I know he wouldn't)
If he is happy he smiles if you piss him off he growls
He has seen me through hard times and good times and remains loyal
He doesn't judge another by how thin or fat, rich or poor, their color, social status, how much money they have or if I can help him "advance".
He could care less about religion or politics
He doesn't talk at all (quiet time with him is bliss)
He watches my back
He doesn't complain when I watch a "chick flic" or hog the remote.
All he requires is a good scratch behind the ears, an occasional milk bone, a hug and kiss and when he was younger (he is 18-19 now) a good walk (which is exercise)
He can cuddle with me in bed and it doesn't end up in sex
When I get home he is so excited to see me, he dances and wags his tail and is just thrilled I am there - like my presence is something to celebrate!

Compared to humans - dogs do not mess up the earth near as much as humans and for the most part they are nicer to be around (IMHO).

Dogs (and kitties) rule!

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

[edit on 23-12-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why don't all the dogs eat all the humans?

We're the real problem.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Seriously, I can't believe people are falling for this. It's either propaganda or sensationalist journalism and you shouldn't be supporting either of those.

I don't doubt that someone could come up with such a crazy idea, but why do they publish it in the media? To stir up some controversy and make some money, or to make the green movement look foolish.

I mean people come up with crazy ideas everyday, just look at ats, and those idea don't get any coverage in the mainstream media. Yet some guy says "eat your best friend", and now suddenly all environmentalists are out to get your dog.

"Oooh, treehuggers want to eat my dog!".

It's an insult to my intelligence.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Really it is.

We're sitting here paying dearly for a hoax. First they talk about cutting down the human populace, now they're talking about our animals...

Guess what? I'm going to eat MORE beans! Take THAT! /kidding

But seriously, someone needs to put these bastards in their place.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Here comes the new "Pet Tax"! Anyway to make a buck right? Yet our goverment continues to give tax and welfare incentives to produce more children. Cull the human population. Or at least be nice about it and spay and nueter the humans not fit for childbirth.

My pets are my family and I think I will claim them on my tax return this year. Wonder if my foodstamps will go up too?

Pets don't create dangerous chemicals, nuclear weapons or modified food crops. What are they thinking?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by brilab45]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Now, now, it's not a "pet tax", it's a "reduced-price prorated pet-specific carbon credit". People will accept that much easier than a "pet tax".

I just wonder if it'll transfer with the pet or remain with the purchaser. You know, like they do with automobile license plates?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't really need a dog..... or a cat for that matter.

They are expensive and take up a lot of time to care for.

They don't really make up for the expense of taking care of them and sometimes, when you want to leave for more than a day, you have to get someone to take care of them for you.

Then there is spay or neutering, vet bills, shots, fencing for the back yard, kennels cost a mint.

But...............

They piss off the priests of the new world green religion.

Hmmm...

Puppies ARE cute.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by brilab45

Now, now, it's not a "pet tax", it's a "reduced-price prorated pet-specific carbon credit". People will accept that much easier than a "pet tax".

I just wonder if it'll transfer with the pet or remain with the purchaser. You know, like they do with automobile license plates?

TheRedneck

Than was hiliarious. I should have known better to use more acceptable politically correct language. I'll try better next time.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
For what it is worth here is the authors first error...the idea that pet food is produced the same way human food is.

Commercial Pet food is usually "rendered" protien ...or left-overs..livestock that would have been produced for human consumption with or without pets.

I don't know if the critical error in calculation was intentional or not, but hey are selling books after all.

FYI - Feed your pets real food, it is better for them. Look online for what your pet can eat and in what proportions. What people feed their dogs for thousands of years before pet food manufacturers appeared? Real food.

www.sphere.com...

To come up with those stats, the Vales measured the amount of land used to grow crops -- or raise livestock -- used in pet food. They found that it takes 0.88 acres to supply the meat and cereal eaten annually by an Alsatian, as well as the packaging for the feed.

Michael Bellingham, head of the U.K. Pet Food Manufacturers Association, says the vast majority of pet food is in fact made from the leftovers of livestock killed for human consumption, meaning the "environmental impact of pets is minuscule."

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well , if humans think that we need to kill our pets to save the world , they are wrong. Animals are the thing that let us live up to this date. They want to kill all the animals , but can't see that 1 factory does more damage than all humans and animals summed. If they want to kill my animals , kill me too. We are ANIMALS as well , we adapt , develop , live and eat. I would rather live my life as a cannibal or a vegetarian than a maniac. When a human dies , it's a tragedy , when we kill kill animals , it's like they are worthless.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ok so I kiiled my dog last night, now...My son hates me my wife hates me, and my best friend is dead! thanks for the advise!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

That is the other part of the problem. It is not just pets, but the 25 MILLION strays in teh US alone that are wandering around.

It is completely irresponsible of any society to domesticate animals and thne not take care of them.

There are 25 million strays, yet people insist on buying from breeders and pet stores.

Spay and neuter people.

If stray problems get to be too much, they can affect local ecology by killing off too mamy birds and mice. Kill off too many mice and wild predators dont' have enough to eat and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join