It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a comet ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This site seem's usefull. I suggest you print it out, just in case NEAT does hit, since we won't have internet anymore to access it ...

www.survivalplans.com...

And this site as well ...

www.survival-center.com...

After some searching, I think the best and quickest shelter we could start on now would be a hybrid underground/aboveground shelter. Start by digging out the entrance for an underground shelter and use that dirt to build the earth wall's for the aboveground shelter.

LINKS :

personals.galaxyinternet.net...

If you can come up with anything else, please post it here.

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by e-nonymous]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
US Army Survival Manual

Get it right here ...

www.equipped.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
that's valuable info dude. what about conserving batteries and stuff like that. that could help. just a bit of halfassed suggestion ya? oh yeah. here's a tip for anyone wantiong to avoid the comet

STAY OUT OF IMPACT ZONE!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The problem is that, even if you survive the intial impact, chances are pretty good that dust/water would get thrown up high enough into the atmosphere to spread around most of the planet, blocking out much of the sunlight. Even a mere week or two of sunless skies will be enough to kill most plant life (The basis of the food chain).

As a result, you'd best be prepared to live in a self-contained environment with enough supplies to last at least a decade...The devistation may last longer than that, but the Earth *will* recover (presuming that the initial impact didn't break it apart right off the bat)...Eventually. However, if your supplies don't last long enough, would it even be worth it to get by on stocked food for that long? Returning to a devistated planet isn't what I'd call "life"...More like "slow torture".

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Actually, the problem is that it's already passed the Earth's orbit, has taken its swing around the sun, and is headed back out having passed the Earth's orbit without hitting us.

Ecological issues are more dangerous than remote "might be" comets. We're running out of drinkable water, for instance.

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Byrd, it has NOT passed us yet... it just emerged from farside of the sun on Feb 24, and was observed btween the sun and us yesterday. It will pass earth orbit between May 5-12

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So, we also need to plan for a way to die if needed. If our supplies are going to run out and there is not a way to get more and the damage to the earth is so bad that it may take 50 to 300 years or more to recover, and it looks like my kids are going to starve to death, then I would want a painless way to put us to sleep. "Carbon Monoxide" comes to mind here. Any thoughts on this????

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hey, hold up a sec guy's ... We're the friggan human species. We CAN survive this thing if we tried. We're highly resourcefull and adaptable. Very inteligent and capable of damn near anything we set out to do. those of us that do survive the initial impact, granted we haven't gotten covered by water while underground can come to the surface after six month's. Sound's like a reasonable time frame for alot of the dust to settle from the air. While in our gas mask's and body suit's, we can build an aboveground shelter and hydroponic's/grenhouse thing. Use the makeshift greenhouse to grow our food. We could replant tree's in our area. There's lot's we can do if we can survive this. If it does happen. Which now it sound's like it won't ... I still say it's better to be safe than sorry though ....

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Hold on a sec guys, somethings going on at Gakona, huge amount of activity.... might want to keep watching it during the day....

Hey Skeptical, dont go overboard, we arent sure exactly what the hell is going on. NASA/fed gov obviously has an interest in this situation, and they have been doing a lot behind the scenes, so who knows what is going to happen. (Granted, that doesnt necessarily inspire confidence....)

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hide under your desk and kiss your a$$ goodbye.

XAOS

top topics

join