It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics in the Past have been Proven Wrong always..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I remember an old man in a farm in italy telling me stories how Skeptics never really believed someone would built a flying machine that's not until leonardo da vinci proved all those Skeptics that they were wrong, and thus that they had no clue what they were talking about.

So ya the old men kept telling me stories of Skeptics & leonardo da vinci and other past Skeptics whom they have been always proven wrong.

For our first example the hot heated debate of Nibiru & skeptics defense of NASA
here's a well done newbie website of an skeptic of nibiru.

www.exitmundi.nl...
Lets counter his myths of his not so true facts should we now?

But what you see isn't a map of the solar system at all. It's decoration, probably. Or a picture of Venus, as seen from our planet, and surrounded by stars. The ancient Babylonians made funny little drawings like this all the time. And they all looked different. So it's just coincidence this one resembles a solar system. We do know for sure that it isn't a map, because the Babylonians believed the Earth was the center of the solar system. No Babylonian would have placed the Sun in the center. Besides, the `map' is full of errors. The planets are out of proportions and Saturn has no ring. And obviously, there are too many `planets'.

The map isnt full of errors, not until if you count them correctly say what now?

Babylonians made funny little drawings like this all the time

Right and i guess the Egyptians made the drawings also funny to?

Noticed how this skeptic used the word just a coincidence that it resembles a solar system, all if not some skeptics use and end there statements with oh just a coincidence.

I noticed this skeptic had troubles writing his full statement

But what you see isn't a map of the solar system at all. It's decoration, probably. Or a picture of Venus, as seen from our planet, and surrounded by stars.

A decoration?!? really now
its probably, or OR oR, this skeptic is wrong on all points. Its true a map a min map of our solar system, not some other system.

Right i guess this guy doesn't like to count

there are too many `planets'

No, they haven’t. In 1983, the IRAS satellite spotted something unexplained that turned out to be a new type of very distant galaxy. But for lack of anything better, the press concluded that NASA had spotted a tenth planet.

Right like many people here why should we trust NASA for anything that they claim?
and also this skeptic mentions a very distant galaxy but you can tell he is doing everything he can to crash all theories on Planet X and other things.

No, it doesn’t. In one particular Sumerian creation story, Earth is created after a violent conflict between Tiamat and Nibiru. But neither of them is a planet: they’re gods, the two of them. It was the writer Zecharia Sitchin who introduced the planets, not the Sumerians.

True its a story of creation the creation of mankind, in some of the sumerian texts and pictures they always show a planet or ship heading there way to that planet

Wrong. `Nibiru' is just the ancient word for `ferry boat'. In some Babylonian texts, the word `nibiru' is used to describe the movement of the planet Jupiter - which was also called `Marduk'. So neither Nibiru nor Marduk refers to some weird planet. It just means: Jupiter! Nothing more, nothing less.

Right i guess you forget to mention that ferry boat'. In some Babylonian texts means a planet, that there gods want to go back home to there homeworld.

What i did here i countered this skeptics against his views on planet x
I Will continue this next time, maybe you skeptics can tell me how the mayans or the Sumerians went missing over night? and we never heard from them ever again?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
davinci didnt invent the flying machine.
he was a genius, but he never BUILT his flying machines, niether the rotor "copter" or the hang glider.

im gonna go ahead and assume thnat english isnt your first language, and hence the extremely poor means to express yourself.

now i dont care abotu nibiru, or what skeptics or believers think. everyone has thier own paths. BUT..

you cannot impiracally say skeptics are wrong, as you dont know that. YOU BELIEVE IT. but its not FACT. you can no more prove it than they can disprove it.

dont be so damned pig headed. whats wrong with people having different opinions. you might not like it, so say something like, thanks for the input, i disagree, and here is why.

instead people like you try to bash others. if you dont want posts that go against what you believe PLEASE dont post anyting..
same for the skeptic/debunkers.

your not actually countering any arguments, when you are only putting forward your opinion. countering a point requires facts. preferrably with pictures.

i hope your post made you feel better, because its just another in a long line of chiod like NYER NYER posts. it does NOTHING to better anyones understanding of anything. ESPECIALLY when quoted out of context of the original thread.

i'd like to add, that your post made me want to turn to name calling.. i would like to refer to you as a male appendage. however language rules prohibit me from that.

finally, HUMAN machines that could fly were invented in the modern age. the first flight was actually a new zealand guy, i forget his name but it was about 6 weeks before the wright brothers... DA VINCI NEVER BUILT A FLYING MACHINE.

he was an undisputed genius. i dont think any skeptics will correct that fact!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think it's more accurate to say that skeptics have been proven wrong in the past, but they've also been proven right. Each case is individual, and has to be judged individually on its own merits.

Just because at one time "common knowledge" was that the Sun revolved around the Earth, and those people were proven to be wrong, doesn't mean that if some guy pops up claiming he can generate electricity by rubbing magnets on his butt anyone who is skeptical of that is wrong and will be proven fools for their trouble.

Just because Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity was once scoffed at but later proven true doesn't mean your stupid theory of leprechauns being from Nibiru is true and that skeptics of it are wrong.

Everything is pretty much allowed -- over time -- to stand or fall on its own merits. That's the way it should be.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

My English is prefect!

Sometimes i write to fast, i don't take the time to do it right sadly :/
And no i am not bashing other beliefs, i am only saying they have been proven to be wrong in the past, sometimes.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
sorry i picked on your grammer, my bad.

however ... ALWAYS, and SOMETIMES are spelled quite differently

althought they do both have an S... i can see where you would get confused.

again i dont see why this was placed here, in its own thread, out of context COMPLETELY with its original thread? it seems like you couldnt win in whatever thread you were originally in, and out of spite, tried to make a new thread to get a poitn across, which i feel, you have failed to do.

also the references to davinci throw me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Mayans didn't disappear. Who do you think lives in Mexico and Central-America?
And I believe that the sumer are still there too, they just don't call themselves Sumer anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The difference between the people you mention and the point you're trying to make, is that these people were themselves skeptics.
Yes, they believed their ideas would work, but hey had also studied the principals behind their ideas and came up with a way to make them work.
They then demonstrated them and showed proof.

Except for De Vinci, but he never really got the chance to in several instances, but he did a lot of studying before coming up with many of his ideas.

Debunkers would be the word you are looking for.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There are skeptics on all sides.
People who believed that man will never fly were skeptics but so were those who believed that we could fly.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was skeptical of Global Warming, and this year I was proven right.

It seems skeptics have about as good of a record as non-skeptics.

Threads that have the phrase "always" in them are usually wrong anyway.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why the hell do people who ask for a little evidence/proof/sensible argument get called skeptics as if it is a bad thing?

Skeptics in the past have been right too. Like with the global warming agenda. All of the UFO hoaxes. ANY lie where a person did not believe it.

You give a few examples of biased cases and expect that to validate your point 100%?

Call me a skeptic if you want, but I will just call you gullible.

top topics

join