It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A womans story in the sand, please view, thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This video shows the winner of "Ukraine’s Got Talent", Kseniya Simonova, 24, drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II. Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about £75,000.

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

I will say no more, let the video speak for itself.

www.youtube.com...=00

[edit on 21-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Absolutely mind blowing

What a talent to have, puts our past winners over here in the UK in the shade.

What do you reckon she is like at building sand castles though? I've made a few monstrously epic sand castles in my time, I think I may as well just give up now.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yea my memories of sandcastle making with my kids are a bit hazy, although having grandkids now is a lot more fun.

It is a truly amazing skill she has and hopefully the prizemoney will make a diffirence to her and hers.

respects

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow, the Human Mind is so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I liked those commercials that used this medium- I think its really cool. It allows one to tell a story like she has so marvelously done and is cheaper than paints.

edit to add: She's also insanely hot.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I bet she has just landed herself a job in the media as well as the first prize money. Well deserved say.

Respects

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Double post, not an earthly why?

second line

[edit on 21-12-2009 by captiva]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Amazing!! What a talent!!

Thanks for posting so I could learn about her great work!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ah wow, that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. She has a truely amazing talent.
I agree with LiveForever8 on the subject of our UK winners

And on the subject of sandcastles I bet she'd be awesome!
I haven't made a sandcastle in ages... Although it's not exactly beach going weather at the moment is it? Sandcastles, freezing feet and snow...
Mind you, it's very rarely a 'beach day' in England

But she is definetely a deserving winner of that money! Thanks for sharing Captiva

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

My pleasure...I can imagine that sandcastles are not on the menu with the weather you are having down south. Tomorrow is to be very bad. Up here in Scotland its just the usual for us and on new years day there is an annual charity event called the malcolm sargent dip, where we build some sandcastles...( Well usually snow and sand castles!) before running headlong into the sea. To say its an experience would be doing it no favours. The brass monkeys are always ready to dry us off when we are finished

Respects
Danny

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Haha, no way. It's horrible at the moment. Freezing and slippy. And it looks like it's gonna snow again too, which is wonderful! But I can't imagine heading out to the beach any time soon like! Although it probably would be nice and deserted

Haha!! Ahh, I couldn't do that, I'd be hiding in my house or standing with about 50 layers on being the 'I'm not going in there' person.

People use me as a gauge on temperature, if I'm cold, it's generally cold... And I'm going to do promo pics for my ghost team on Wednesday *sighs* Max temperature 0*C.

Never mind, could be worse, eh? Lmao

Gone completely off the point, ah well!

Have a good Christmas and New year!
A. x

[Edited once again because of awful typos]

[edit on 21/12/2009 by Ayana]

top topics

join