It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signals' ATS Experiment!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Signals

*backfire alert!*

One question remains unanswered ...

Whom pray tell IS your favorite ATS member?

We await your answer kind sir.

Hello, I was afraid someone would ask that.

If they are banned, does it count?

My Banned Fav

If so, then I'd have to say this guy-

My Active Fav

Looks like I need some more work, eh?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think there is another side to the narcissism experiment you're forgetting.

You see, I didn't think that your opinion of your favorite ATS member was important enough for me to check out. Therefore, I didn't click the link.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It stumped me for the first... 5 seconds, but I looked at the link at the bottom when I hover over it and realized it is the url to everyone's own page. It's useful to be good with computer basics.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

"But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger ..."
Yes it seems to doesn't it? It's the same way a vaccine is often a mild form of the virus; all is two sided, yet one in the same.
And I pointed out that this was harmless; just baffling in what people were not seeing in it. Or did you not read that part of the post?
I feel it was bad taste.
And that's twice you have suggested that I am in a victim mentality ; you never recognized my comments I made in response to the first time you suggested it.
Since that is the case it appears to me you have your own internal pattern of victimization and are therefore projecting it onto me and I see that you admit that you have them yourself. Why must you insist that what is outside of you must surely be the same as what's inside of you?

This is more philosophical then I like to get but...

Without tasting something bad how can you ever know what tastes good?

Those people who reacted so quickly will think the next time instead of jumping to conclusions (at least I hope they do). I'm sick of everyone trying to shelter themselves and others from experience! This sheltering is whats leading everyone into a sheep like state! Those people should be embarrassed for thinking it was all about them and some should be extremely embarrassed of their reaction! Having someone run to their defense hurts them more than it helps them!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well...I fell for it. I clicked on the link hoping that I would stumble across a new topic to obsess about for a week or two. As soon as I saw it was mine...I immediately just figured someone was taking a jab at me or making fun of my barren wasteland of a profile. I like to play head games with people at work, friends, or the occasional courier that comes through the office...I also occasionally feel the need to tell people out loud how much I dislike self centered/egotistical people that always think of themselves first, or who basically think they are the end all and be all of everything.

Thanks for pointing out that my first reaction shouldn't always be me, me ,me....and occasionally I am that person I don't like.

I applaud the hell out of your little social experiment....

Then again...I've got fishspeaker as one of my friends.......I don't think that gives me much credit as being smart.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What is this pattern I'm observing about YOU where you do drive-by "yeah, but what this say about YOU?" posts?

OP: I like potato chips.
SD: Yeah, but what kind of ATS member would have to start a thread about it?

Now I'm being lured into satellite "what's this S-Dog asking about what this says about you/me say about S-Dog" responses.

Mwaaaah!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Nice job using a signature link to amuse yourself at other peoples' expense.

This was "therapeutic" for you?
Humans are upright monkeys; all of us.
Playing pranks is fun; but you've manipulated people and you're thinking that you've got some decent kind of psychological info out of it.
What are you, 5?
(And no I wasn't someone in the comments in case anyone who sees this wonders)

Shows you how gullible people are.

Tell someone what they want or like to hear and all of a sudden it becomes truth...I know that it was a prank and his so called "opinion", but my point still remains that it is very easy to trick people.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Alrighty. I've read most of the thread now, and am figureing out....
it looks like.....there is a chance that.....it was all a hoax, and I am NOT REALLY your favorite ATS member?

Is that what this is about? All this, and it was a hoax?

I feel so used.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Then is it time we each obtained a Vitullo Kit? The costs are pretty steep on that. Perhaps a fundraiser telethon is in order.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Alrighty. I've read most of the thread now, and am figureing out....
it looks like.....there is a chance that.....it was all a hoax, and I am NOT REALLY your favorite ATS member?

Is that what this is about? All this, and it was a hoax?

I feel so used.

You were one of the few that figured it out in the beginning...But you kept clicking on it?!?!?

Would you believe me if I said you're a secret Fav?

I'm afraid this thread is going to turn me into the ATS Member Who Cried Wolf ha...well I've never been taken seriously before, why start now?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
very clever signals,i clicked on it to see who`s your fave out of curiosity,was puzzled when my profile came up coz my profile is pretty none existant.i thought this must be a mistake so i clicked again and again and you made me think about my ego coz one part wanted me to be your fave and the other part was telling me the link had gone wrong and how could i be,but i had to investigate.so i clicked on your profile and saw the messages you got and realised it was a clever joke, i thought maybe to earn you some extra friends without having to ask (i nearly added you) or just to screw with peoples heads like mine.bravo star and flag

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You know, A while ago, I think I linked on your thread and I did get my own profile back to me?!!

At first I was confused, then just started laughing and forgot about it until I read this thread.

It is really funny, I too have a pretty warped sense of humor though I haven't tapped into it since I haven't been around hardly any people in a while.(No I'm not in jail).

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yikes! I'm not sure about the Vitullo Kit. That sounds like too much of an....ordeal. But hey! I'm in on the telethon! Will you be the star? I can sit on the sidelines and answer the phones.....

Signals has to come too. It's his admonishment.

@Sig: Yes. I can believe I am a secret fav.
OR Wait..... is this another hoax?

No, I can't, I won't fall for this again! You've disappointed me too many times!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Funny Stuff…

I bet some ATSer’s went round in circles, a few times…

Probably followed by, some type of paranoia…

- JC

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

"But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger ..."
Yes it seems to doesn't it?

Sure seems. Seems even more by now.

It's the same way a vaccine is often a mild form of the virus; all is two sided, yet one in the same.

So many here are shooting up all day on it and you want to push more? It's not empowering. Only when it initially awakens one from a slumber is it as a vaccine. Excess is damaging.

And I pointed out that this was harmless; just baffling in what people were not seeing in it. Or did you not read that part of the post?

I did I did. I saw your posts. I also know you stated you never engaged in U2U with Signals (which says you weren't victimized in this case).

I feel it was bad taste.

It's tasting better to me all the time.

Since that is the case it appears to me you have your own internal pattern of victimization and are therefore projecting it onto me and I see that you admit that you have them yourself.

Why must you insist that what is outside of you must surely be the same as what's inside of you?

A notable use of fallacy.

The first key point being that I'm aware and admit it. Also, it does not follow that what I see is strictly a projection of my personal attributes because I think I see the attribute in another.

The second being was that I just led you toward making that remark. I didn't lie about the point, however I did anticipate that your response would come of my personal disclosure and is main the reason for its addition. You've resorted to attempting to poison the well.

I welcome and respect your view on the matter of Signals' experiment whether or not I agree. Apologies to you if I created any animosity between us.

I'mma gonna put the brakes on myself. There's one more experiment underway though and I'll observe dispassionately the results.

It seems even more by now because you don't understand it. call it what you like.

I'm not the one pushing. It's ironic how you keep projecting.

Fine if it tastes good to you. Glad to know. I'll mark it down.

Being aware of your victim patterns and admitting them doesn't mean you won't project them.

You think that you led me toward making that remark. Maybe, but so?
People do that to each other everytime they converse . What's the big deal? Why bother point it out? You think it equates to being powerful I think.

No you're accusing me of poisoning the well for stating that I don't think it's funny.
Now who's overreacting?

You apparently don't respect my view or opinion about it.
Anyway, don't worry. I don't feel any animosity toward you.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

Nice job using a signature link to amuse yourself at other peoples' expense.

This was "therapeutic" for you?
Humans are upright monkeys; all of us.
Playing pranks is fun; but you've manipulated people and you're thinking that you've got some decent kind of psychological info out of it.
What are you, 5?
(And no I wasn't someone in the comments in case anyone who sees this wonders)

lol.... How do you figure that people have been manipulated?
It was almost like hanging a mirror in a bathroom with a sign above that says, "My Favorite Person".

Seems like you missed the point all together.... lighten up brother!

I was never angry about it, brother.
What I see in it is missed , so don't worry about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by dragonsmusic

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

You're funny... You care not what Woodwytch has to say but you respond to it. I think you just contradicted yourself.

Yep... some folks take themselves way to seriously.... it is self evident.

YEah, so I guess you don't feel any need at all to respond when someone completely misunderstands your point and then insinuates your a tight-ass.
Right on, man!
Should I have turned the other cheek
?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Jeez!.....I bet your a riot at parties mate!!

I don't think the OP had any designs on mind control, just a joke......you know how to have a laugh don't you?

Man , you must have had to think about that one long and hard!
You got me so good!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Good one, nice little experiment.

I saw it and clicked it but I figured it was that kind of link because I've encountered similar ones before.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

You're funny... You care not what Woodwytch has to say but you respond to it. I think you just contradicted yourself.

Yep... some folks take themselves way to seriously.... it is self evident.

YEah, so I guess you don't feel any need at all to respond when someone completely misunderstands your point and then insinuates your a tight-ass.
Right on, man!
Should I have turned the other cheek
?

See, you've read too much into my reply. I would respond but not with a declaration that I don't care what the other person thinks. To me that's a contradiction. And I never said or insinuated that you should turn the other cheek. This forum is for debate, among other things. It's useful to provide alternate viewpoints. My point here is that it's important to consider only the text on the screen when replying, if we try to consider implied ideas as well, it muddies the water.

I think that the OPs experiment shows how people look for hidden meaning in things when it just isn't there. Sometimes a mirror is just a mirror.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join