It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signals' ATS Experiment!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger and paranoia (governments this, advertisers that, laughing sheep...overall: BE MAD AS HELL!) . Why should those be the principle reaction, especially over this? This is harmless and is an opportunity to reflect on how you react to things and assumptions you make. It's far, far better to train your mind in this sheltered context. If anyone notices it more now "out there", then it was a favor.

One thing I have noticed for myself is a direct relationship between ease in a situation and better, less impressionable descisionmaking. The less I feel at the mercy of others, the less they actually have control and the more I can thwart such attempts without even having to be directly aware of the attempt. My own TRUE confidence is a natural block on it. It begins with perception. By being centered others' immediate expectations and pressures don't overrule you mind so easily or at all. If you are more negatively charged, you are more susceptible to others' wills.

Perhaps your NLP/hypnosis studies are a result of your having felt like being you are a victim and came about as wanting to give yourself an upper hand. If you still think you're a victim, regardless of what you seem to know, you will be.

I know that my own spiritual interests are in fact connected to overcoming and vestiges of a sense of victimhood (they by their nature are), among other things. I at this point feel I have little against admitting that about myself and nothing to lose by doing so.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I love practical jokes.Sometimes.
Although i probably wouldn`t have clicked on your link i wonder what my response would have been?
Well done for the comedy aspect.After all it is Christmas.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger and paranoia (governments this, advertisers that, laughing sheep...overall: BE MAD AS HELL!) . Why should those be the principle reaction, especially over this? This is harmless and is an opportunity to reflect on how you react to things and assumptions you make. It's far, far better to train your mind in this sheltered context. If anyone notices it more now "out there", then it was a favor.

One thing I have noticed for myself is a direct relationship between ease in a situation and better, less impressionable descisionmaking. The less I feel at the mercy of others, the less they actually have control and the more I can thwart such attempts without even having to be directly aware of the attempt. My own TRUE confidence is a natural block on it. It begins with perception. By being centered others' immediate expectations and pressures don't overrule you mind so easily or at all. If you are more negatively charged, you are more susceptible to others' wills.

Perhaps your NLP/hypnosis studies are a result of your having felt like being you are a victim and came about as wanting to give yourself an upper hand. If you still think you're a victim, regardless of what you seem to know, you will be.

I know that my own spiritual interests are in fact connected to overcoming and vestiges of a sense of victimhood (they by their nature are), among other things. I at this point feel I have little against admitting that about myself and nothing to lose by doing so.

"But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger ..."
Yes it seems to doesn't it? It's the same way a vaccine is often a mild form of the virus; all is two sided, yet one in the same.
And I pointed out that this was harmless; just baffling in what people were not seeing in it. Or did you not read that part of the post?
I feel it was bad taste.
And that's twice you have suggested that I am in a victim mentality ; you never recognized my comments I made in response to the first time you suggested it.
Since that is the case it appears to me you have your own internal pattern of victimization and are therefore projecting it onto me and I see that you admit that you have them yourself. Why must you insist that what is outside of you must surely be the same as what's inside of you?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I had no idea this thread would turn into such a debate!

Who says goofing around isn't productive?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Nice job using a signature link to amuse yourself at other peoples' expense.

This was "therapeutic" for you?
Humans are upright monkeys; all of us.
Playing pranks is fun; but you've manipulated people and you're thinking that you've got some decent kind of psychological info out of it.
What are you, 5?
(And no I wasn't someone in the comments in case anyone who sees this wonders)

Dude, lighten up! goof balls are a blast to mess with! Always remember,
"a mind, is a terrible thing to waste"....but sometimes fun!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I salute you sir

My only issue is that I wish I had done it myself.

Sowing confusion among the ranks with such a simply tactic is genius!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Signals,

You gave me a helluva laugh. I'd be honored to call you a friend.

(even if i end up having my mind messed with!)

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

"But your post seems to feed into and utilize the mode of control that the governments themselves employ - fear, anger ..."
Yes it seems to doesn't it?

Sure seems. Seems even more by now.

It's the same way a vaccine is often a mild form of the virus; all is two sided, yet one in the same.

So many here are shooting up all day on it and you want to push more? It's not empowering. Only when it initially awakens one from a slumber is it as a vaccine. Excess is damaging.

And I pointed out that this was harmless; just baffling in what people were not seeing in it. Or did you not read that part of the post?

I did I did. I saw your posts. I also know you stated you never engaged in U2U with Signals (which says you weren't victimized in this case).

I feel it was bad taste.

It's tasting better to me all the time.

Since that is the case it appears to me you have your own internal pattern of victimization and are therefore projecting it onto me and I see that you admit that you have them yourself.

Why must you insist that what is outside of you must surely be the same as what's inside of you?

A notable use of fallacy.

The first key point being that I'm aware and admit it. Also, it does not follow that what I see is strictly a projection of my personal attributes because I think I see the attribute in another.

The second being was that I just led you toward making that remark. I didn't lie about the point, however I did anticipate that your response would come of my personal disclosure and is main the reason for its addition. You've resorted to attempting to poison the well.

I welcome and respect your view on the matter of Signals' experiment whether or not I agree. Apologies to you if I created any animosity between us.

I'mma gonna put the brakes on myself. There's one more experiment underway though and I'll observe dispassionately the results.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Nice job using a signature link to amuse yourself at other peoples' expense.

This was "therapeutic" for you?
Humans are upright monkeys; all of us.
Playing pranks is fun; but you've manipulated people and you're thinking that you've got some decent kind of psychological info out of it.
What are you, 5?
(And no I wasn't someone in the comments in case anyone who sees this wonders)

lol.... How do you figure that people have been manipulated?
It was almost like hanging a mirror in a bathroom with a sign above that says, "My Favorite Person".

Seems like you missed the point all together.... lighten up brother!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Edit to remove double post... DOH!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Anamnesis]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I clicked on it after reading a post from someone else that had tried it. I though was cute. I'm not offended. Not a harmful joke at all. Thanks for the cheer!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

baaar
baaar ... OMG they got me.

Relax ... life is already far too serious ... we need to be able to laugh at ourselves ... it's being such tight-asses that causes the problem.

Not a good advert for NLP imho !

Woody.

I'm not advertising it.
If you read both of my previous posts and still posted this then you have no clue and therefore I care not what you say.

You're funny... You care not what Woodwytch has to say but you respond to it. I think you just contradicted yourself.

Yep... some folks take themselves way to seriously.... it is self evident.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't know if any of you have ever seen the movie the "Devils Advocate".

You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire; you build egos the size of cathedrals; fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse; grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green, gold-plated fantasies, until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own God... and where can you go from there?

People are vain, and full of themselves no matter what level of intelligence they are. Vanity and pride are tools of the ego. Just toss the ego a bone and it controls your every action.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Soooo, i'm not your favorite ATS member?

Good stuff!

-E-

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I didn't notice this or get tricked by it (probably coz I've never ran into you before!) but I've gotta admit it's pretty funny. My sense of humour applauds you!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Honestly... Pride and ego serve a purpose. I think that without either we are doomed to mediocrity.

An example might be someone who excels at their profession, someone who exceeds the norm. One such person that comes to mind is Kobe Bryant, that guy is the most arrogant Basketball player I've ever seen but he is probably the best in the league right now (Sorry Lebraun fans.
)

My point is that ego and pride can go hand in hand with confidence and abilty... It's human nature.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe your next experiment can be to put a small gif that reads IPs, displays it only to the person viewing your post and watch them go crazy over that thinking everyone can see it.

Yawn.

I have a feeling signals is still on AOL.

Either that or the people who felt the need to message him are.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

*backfire alert!*

One question remains unanswered ...

Whom pray tell IS your favorite ATS member?

We await your answer kind sir.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Jeez!.....I bet your a riot at parties mate!!

I don't think the OP had any designs on mind control, just a joke......you know how to have a laugh don't you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join