It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your own Crop Circle in 10 easy steps!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I believe in aliens but I dont think they come here to make circles in the crops. It can be easily done by any human being in 10 easy steps.

1. Choose a legal location for your crop circle.
Obtain permission from the land owner before you start planning. Ideal choices are sloped fields that rise from public vantage points (a road for instance), or even an amphitheater-like valley.

2. Plan your crop circle using a large scale map, to ensure access for both you and your audience.
Plot your straight-line or circular design. Mark on the map the directions you will be flattening, to avoid visible signs of passage (inexperienced circle makers can spoil a design by leaving stripes like a lawnmower would). Initial access is normally through existing farm tracks and trails, so note the position of them before you start.

3. Create your design on computer, and make amendments until you have the design you can be proud of.
Use inspiration from state-of-the-art designs as seen on the internet. Practicing shape-making in the field will only result in people seeing your mistakes. Start simple: consider making your first crop circle from an arrangement of discs in a geometric formation. More advanced curved lines can be created by overlapping partial circular arcs.

4. Equip each person with the tools you will need.
These tools are very low tech and easily accesible. A light plank (4-6 feet in length) with a rope (10-12 feet) knotted through holes in each end. Alternatively, you may prefer to buy a light garden roller from a garden centre. A surveryors reel measuring tape as it doesnt stretch. Rope or nylon can be used but may stretch and make wobbly edges to circles. Marking poles - paint tips white to aid visibility at night. Protractor for measuring angles Measuring tape (100 ft) Night-vision goggles (optional) - your eyes adjust to complete dark in 20 minutes. Laser-pointer to assist placing markers (optional)

5. Once in the field, use measurements to place markers exactly.
Your friends can help you place markers, make line-of-sight calculations, and lay the rope to mark areas for flattening.

6. Make construction lines by laying rope outlines to shapes.
Then flatten circles at the intersection points. For example, create a rope outline of a equilateral triangle, and create flattened circles at the triangle corners. Avoid flattening over the rope, to create an implied triangle.

7. There are two methods commonly used to flatten:
Plank Flattening - use a roped plank to flatten by holding the rope or looping it over your shoulders. Press forwards and down by keeping one foot on the plank. Advance using a shuffling gait. Using a roller - some circlemakers prefer using a light roller (available from garden centers) to speed up flattening.

8. Keep on flattening until you have completed your design and have a really nice, well made complex formation.

9. Wait for the media to spot the new formation.
This may take several days, or you can speed the process by making an anonymous call. A good design will provide local newspapers with many column-inches of speculation.

10. Ask local pilots if they can try and help your research by photographing for you when passing and leave them your email address.

I think I just debunked the crop circle myth. I dont care how complex they are, humans are very complex and with a little creativity anybody can make a crop circle.

Even you.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you would like the photos/diagrams for this article, you can visit this link.

www.wonderhowto.com...
and this link

www.wikihow.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
If you would like the photos/diagrams for this article, you can visit this link.

www.wonderhowto.com...
and this link

www.wikihow.com...

do you still think aliens made them?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's funny they tell you to do it before sunrise.
Yet many crop circles infinitely more complex than the ones shown here are done in 30 minutes or less, in total darkness. while on CCTV.

Some crop circles are man made, that is a fact, however, there's a good bunch that probably aren't.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh sweet I always wanted to make one of these
How do i get the stalks to bend without breaking?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by blankduck18]
hmmm another edit
it appears they use microwave waves
what kinda of device does this? is it harmful to me? do i have to do this for every single stalk? i mean their at least 1000 that would take a very long time like days.
If you can do quantity bending how would that effect your shapes? will I have to worry about over bending it? or messing up my pattern?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
Oh sweet I always wanted to make one of these
How do i get the stalks to bend without breaking?

hmmm another edit
it appears they use microwave waves
what kinda of device does this? is it harmful to me? do i have to do this for every single stalk? i mean their at least 1000 that would take a very long time like days.
If you can do quantity bending how would that effect your shapes? will I have to worry about over bending it? or messing up my pattern?

to avoid breaking stalks use a roller instead of a plank. All cheap stuff you can get at the dollar store.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thank you for your help and quick response
All tho im still a bit confused.........

The roller...... Is this like a roller you use to in baking

or

sorry for all the questions just jumped into this subject today

any other research or things I can look at
I have been looking over links on google
I found a great tutorial on how to make crop circle pictures!
But why could i do that when I can just make crop circles

had to fix pictures

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Might want to also tell people how to make the Ogbourne formation, where the stalks were not flattened, but bent inches below the top. Not snapped, bent. And, each concentric circle inside bent at varying degrees.

I'll be interested to see what your explanation.

new topics

top topics

join