It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is intuition really a pure source of wisdom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
December 19, 2009
You are driving along the highway of life and a thought flashes that warns you to slow down at the next green light; your response enables you to avoid being broadsided seconds later by a speeder who runs a red light.

Or you feel a sinking sensation of unfocused anxiety when your partner expresses love and devotion; you later investigate and discover that your partner has been cheating on you.

Or you feel an electric excitement in your stomach when someone mentions the name of an unheralded new stock; you invest in the stock based on this feeling and within a year, it triples in value.

Oxford’s English Dictionary defines intuition as “the quick perception of truth without conscious attention or reasoning; knowledge from within; instinctive knowledge or feeling.” Intuition produces an inner experience variously described as vibes, hunches, gut feelings, a sense of certainty, mental voices, sensations of attraction, affinity, repulsion, or foreboding

www.examiner.com...

I believe this is a natural ability and we all have it, most don't pay attention. I have had many warnings and insights through the years and for the most part paid attention. What is interesting is in the first paragraph they talk about getting a flash that danger is ahead, that is exactly what happened to me and I did slow down, if I hadn't more than likely I wouldn't be here today as it was a major accident with a semi-truck.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wouldnt say it was pure wisdom, for it is not always right. You could say that they are connected, such as aristotle mentions.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Been seeing a few of these threads lately and I welcome all of them.
This is a very real thing.
When I was in elementary school, our house caught fire.
My father and mother divorced when I was very young and I was living with my mother at the time. My father lived in the next county over, about 50 miles away.
When I left school that afternoon, my father called me (this is odd for him. I only saw him about twice a year) because he KNEW something was wrong.

DimensionalDetective has a good thread going right now that sets out to explore this, amongst many other "psychic" phenomenon that are observed every day here on Earth.
In one of the videos linked in the thread they are detailing how they conducted an experiment.
What they did was they set some people in front of a computer and instructed them to hit a button. From there, the computer would generate a random image that would be either pleasing to the senses or unpleasant.
They found that a large number of participants were showing definate signs of precognition. The heart would begin to react to the image a full six seconds before the image was displayed.

Anyhow, here is the thread. S&F for this one though. I love these topics.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Intuition is thinking and remembering with your heart...not your brain..

The heart is always tapped into the 'information field,' non-linear time...

As we move closer to the end of this cycle we will have to rely on intuition more and more...

The brain thinks with 'faith' and 'belief'...the heart thinks with 'truth.'

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is a real honest to goodness phenomena that I can't explain, but welcome the insights when they come. Many times I have avoided tickets, or whatever, just for the sake of 'lightening up on the accelerator for no immediate reason. The most shocking that has happened to me was to have the uncontrollable 'need' to go see my ex wife while early in a separation and walking in on something I would have rather not seen.

Yes. It's real alright.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

Thaks for sharing hhcore, sorry you reacted to something you didn't want to see, maybe somehow you were meant to.

Love your Avatar.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think you are onto something Aquarius1. Intuition is a pure source of wisdom and I know it exists in some animals to a higher extent in some cases than it does in humans.

How many people have dogs or cats that have had incredible intuition about something being wrong, or they wanted to attack a certain person or persons whenever they met them.

I had a german shepard dog that wanted to attack certain people, people that looked innocent, but they later turned out to be the kind of people that I should have let my dog loose on. Around other people my german shepard acted very normal. My german shepard had incredible intuition about people.

I think intuition has some kind of source of wisdom that is somehow connected to a worldwide knowledge that we sometimes are able to tap into, but I'm sure animals are more tapped into it than people.

I'm very sure that animals can see more of the light spectrum than we can see and it is this ability of seeing some sort of extra color or shade that lets them know about danger.

I have equipment that lets me see parts of the light spectrum that no one else has ever seen. The equipment lets one see radiation coming through all sorts of materials and from tremendous distances.

I'm sure intuition goes much farther than this though. Intuition is something coming from an unknown source of wisdom that people and critters can tap into, especially when they are scared. Being scared hightens ones awareness and makes one stop from doing something that will end in disaster.

Good thread Aquarius1; star and flag for you.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Is intuition really a pure source of wisdom?

Lovely OP and well written.

Intuition is an undeniable thing that we all know, though some more than others and more respected by a few than the rest.

I think of it as my 'little voice' that sits mostly quiet... except when it has something important to say. Then it screams at me.

Over a lifetime, sometimes I have heeded it, other times not. But I have now learned to respect it and most importantly, listen for it.

I will now act on gut instainct in some instances... like when choosing a route to drive or what to do about certain of human situations.

It is rarely... if ever, wrong.

Great subject! S&F!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I will now act on gut instainct in some instances... like when choosing a route to drive or what to do about certain of human situations.

It is very interesting that you should mention gut reactions, I believe it is the same thing as intuition, I have found by going with my gut reactions it is the right thing to do, when a feeling is so strong you shouldn't ignore it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I started meditating less than a week ago, reason being I knew I needed to be more in touch with myself. Since I started I became seriously worried that my boyfriend of two years was going to break up with me, healthy relationship, never caused big issues before. Today we broke up, he was amazed how calm I was about it. The truth is though that since I started meditating I became in tune with what is going on around me so much more than previously. This is the biggest intuitive feeling I've had, so now I strongly recommend meditating to anyone looking for something more.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fruitybooty

Thanks for your post, meditating is a natural progression....glad to hear you had some insight into what was going on and making it easier for you.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If the body is mapped and (re)created in the brain/mind, then what is it that gives 'gut' feelings or heart 'ache'?

Does this mean the mind/awareness exist within the whole body? Or does the whole body exist withing the mind/awareness?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

Interesting question, it is said that the heart and solar plexus is the seat of the soul, if that is true maybe the brain/conscious mind has nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join