It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS##

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good work
As a newbe I was just about to give up on this site for this very reason.
Sometimes I could not help wondering if this was indeed the ATS site or PSS site (pre school site)

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good idea, hopefully it will change peoples perspective on how and what they can post, making them think before they type and hit the "reply" button.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
About time I say, thank you mods. Hopefully now I post again without the diatribes about how someone thinks I am a evil sad ignorant pseudo-human because I think CD is a crock.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Extreme Moderation

intrepid has already spelled things out plainly enough.

People who object to moderated forums are welcome to post elsewhere. People who cannot express themselves without insulting, harassing or abusing others don't belong here.

People who cannot stay on topic serve only to muddle discussion and bury worthwhile dialog in a sea of noise.

All of these things have the effect of stifling legitimate inquiry into 9/11 far more effectively than any organized "disinformation" campaign possibly could.

In fact, that may well be the intention of some.

Over time a lot of garbage has already piled up. Even the most zealous and tireless efforts on the part of the staff cannot eliminate them entirely. Perfection is not attainable.

We as a community, however, can improve things, and I hope that there remain enough among us who are not averse to intelligent discussion, are mature enough to respect and tolerate differing opinions, and are willing to work with us by ALERTing posts that violate ATS rules rather than responding in kind and making things exponentially worse.

If this can be done, then maybe some of the facts that have been painstakingly uncovered over the years, only to be smothered by endless obfuscation and childish bickering, may ultimately reach a wider audience.

Anything less amounts to complicity in concealing the truth.

So please, do your best.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It was because of the childish attitudes displayed in the 9/11 threads that I completely lost interest in this particular conspiracy.

I am glad that the staff has decided to reaffirm it's stance on scrutiny in this forum.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

If you think they are a paid disinfo agent then inform others of why that person's facts are incorrect and move on with things rather than worrying about whether they are a troll, a paid disinfo person, or simply are really that off-base.

These unbacked paid/unpaid "disinfo agent" accusations are nonsense to begin with. How about we treat everybody as a member of a discussion forum? I whole heartedly agree with the OP. Disrespect should not be tolerated, as it provides nothing to an actual debate. Nor does assuming that somebody is working for the government, based on their textual input to a conversation.

Many of ATS's popular *believers* love to throw the "disinfo" accusation around aimlessly. Sometimes more often than people posting childish insults. In absolutely no circumstance should these "wild guesses" be treated any differently. Lets at least remember that, while we continue with this topic.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
nooooo listen u find bone fragments in a pile of twisted metal and dust but no indistructable box......its all bs only a man high up-bush- can create that type of cover up.....all u have to do is think about this crap watch these movies, blazing saddles, and labyrinth look at the people....we were hit with bio warfare back in the late 80's early 90's bush figured it out and him being smart, hit the towers ordered a stand down now listen please....when you call 911 they say 911 please state your emergency well bush stated it buying looking for weopens of mass destruction as well as hitting the state towers, were all dieng FIIIGHT DAMNIT everyone screw the economy its nothing at these times FIGHT please

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
sorry i fergot to add it was used as a gateway to go there and fight think its his answer to stating the emergency stated by hitting the state towers those lives are nothing compared to what it will be if we dont fight people

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

These unbacked paid/unpaid "disinfo agent" accusations are nonsense to begin with.

One could also say that the ones pushing the CT's are the paid/unpaid government/foreign/opposition agents trying to show how silly some conspiracy theories are, or to discredit the government/political party in office

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, I'm impressed.

I was about to send an Alert to the MODS, but it was cleaned up before I had a chance.

Hopefully, this will continue and the 911 threads improve.

More Vigilant Guardian Mods - please!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Yeahhhh goood clean up the mods censor us like every other person does cover up after cover up everyones doing it so lets just live with it

[Mod Edit - replaced all caps]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/12/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have a serious, non-sarcastic, non-leading question for the mods:

Does this mean that people who post threads or responses to threads that offend me are also gonna get it?

I ask because I get actually really offended every time I read that our President is the anti-Christ, or is a secret Muslim or isn't an American.

That makes me really angry and I feel a strong desire to aggressively debunk that.

So can I start reporting topics that I find childish and hurtful and can those posters be banned.

Now that would make this place more civil/less crazy with a quickness.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomandliberty

Sorry guy, but it's pretty necessary, it's worse in the 9/11 threads than in the political ones, and those are insane!

It's degrading into 4Chan in the 9/11 forum and this board is above that.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
I have been getting sick of 9/11 "truthers" insulting everyone who doesn't agree with their very questionable conspiracy theory...no matter how ( EDITED: i don't want to offend anyone
)

Good thread.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

This childish behaviour is carried out by both parties.

I fell into the trap of making snide remarks a couple of months ago in a couple of 2012 threads as a skeptic. I regret those comments, they were reactive rather than constructive, so I'm not exactly innocent myself. Thankfully I've wised up a little since then.

I'm not a truther myself (I can't stand that title, it's a silly name in my opinion) just someone who's been paying attention. I lean towards a cover up based on what I've seen and heard regarding 911, however, that doesn't mean I can't entertain other points of view. If someone contributes irrefutable evidence to the contrary then I'll accept that and move on.
The sad fact of the matter is that many people have trouble admitting that they're wrong and hold on tightly to a belief like it's their religion. It's not foolish to admit you're wrong, it's foolish to not admit it when you are, and argue just for the sake of it or to get the last word in. You're only digging a bigger hole for yourself.

I'm hopeful that this "zero tolerance" helps put out the spotfires that keep igniting in this place. What's wrong with being civil? It's not that difficult to disagree with another member's opinion without ridiculing or attacking them.

All I care about is finding out the truth, this should be everyone's goal here.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"All I care about is finding out the truth, this should be everyone's goal here."

I second that. Thank you Intrepid and all of the other ATS mods who will be enforcing this. After viewing and participating in the recent Pentagon ATS big thread I must say that this is very much welcomed. Peace all.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

If you're receiving hateful u2u's please let us know. The terms and conditions apply to u2u's fully as much as anything on the public board.

We can't do anything if we don't know about it...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

You should alert anything that appears to be a violation of the Terms & Conditions. There's nothing in there about keeping a forum free from any content that someone somewhere might find offensive, What we're looking to eliminate is off-topic and/or content personally insulting another member.

"I disagree with your opinion for the following reasons..." is acceptable. "Hey stoopid, you're wrong", isn't. If a topic is T&C compliant but you find it to be personally offensive, find another topic. If you're unable to respond to a post in a T&C compliant manner, find another thread.

Responding in kind to a post that's a T&C violation will likely result in both posts being deleted.

The 911 Forum has gotten off the rails. We're determined to put it back. Everyone's T&C compliant opinions are welcome. Snide commentary and personal attacks and one-line posts that add nothing to the discussion will be deleted.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Freedom Of Choice

Originally posted by freedomandliberty
Yeahhhh goood clean up the mods censor us like every other person does cover up after cover up everyones doing it so lets just live with it

The feedback we've been getting from members falls into two broad categories: comments like this one and a much, much larger number of requests to clean up this forum, enforce the rules more diligently and thereby make intelligent discussion of 9/11 less difficult.

If you consider insistence on polite, topical discussion to be "censorship", then ATS probably isn't for you, and instead I can wholeheartedly recommend any number of other discussion boards less concerned with maintaining reasonable standards of conduct.

The choice is yours.

The Lighter Side

Meanwhile, those who may consider the rules on ATS to be difficult to follow or simply too numerous might find the Simplified Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s), more popularly known as T&C Lite™, more to their liking.

One of the more common rules is also one of the easiest to remember and, hopefully, easiest to follow:

Don't be a jerk.

It works surprisingly well.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I could not disagree more. I say people should be allowed to speak their mind. I've gotten "points" deducted in the past from a MOD and I can assure you it was because of a PERSONAL DISAGREEMENT. I know I am not the only one who thinks this is ridiculous. - I'll admit, I'll still be looking through the boards but I'll also be spending time looking for a new site...one that doesn't have it's own government choosing what we can and can't do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join