It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS##

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The 9/11 forum is a volatile forum. People have passionate feelings on this topic. So much so that the Terms and Conditions of Use are ignored. ATS has attempted to curtail this trend in the past:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It didn't work. There was ignorant childishness displayed in that thread that was there to let the posters know that decorum on the board is necessary. Seeing as some members that post in this forum do not or will not get the concept that Courtesy is Mandatory the staff has discussed this blight on the board and has come to the conclusion that we will have to enact a "zero tolerance" policy in this forum.

If you post and insult you will be post banned(pb'd) or perma banned. If you troll you will be pb'd or perma banned. Some will think, "that's OK, I'll do what I want and just reregister if I get banned." Let it be known that the staff is VERY good at detecting past banned members and those accounts WILL be terminated. Is it not easier to just abide to the T&C?

Zero tolerance folks. Post inside the T&C, which you agreed to upon registering to ATS or you WILL face actions against your account. This is not open to debate. Most 9/11 posters will probably welcome this action. If you do not, that's not our issue, it's yours. As already said, you agreed to the T&C upon registration. It's unfortunate that this action had to be implemented but this forum WILL regain ATS standards.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thank God! It’s about time. The insults and mud slinging have gone crazy, and a lot of these posters have no interest in discussing the real issue anyway.

Trolling is just another way of being egotistical.
I have been under attack in my own 911 thread for several days by three posters all at the same time who have been playing tag team and ganging up on me, to see who can insult and ridicule me the best, while rewarding each other with points it was appalling. All three would not answer any of my questions and was so delighted to corner me on a mistake I had made. I owned up to my mistake and apologized to only have it thrown in my face with nasty insults for three more pages on my thread.

So, I am delighted to see this action and hopefully this will put an end to this bad behavior.

Thank you, ATS Moderators.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Since no one else has said it.

Thank You.

I know I have complained constantly in the past, I am glad it has come to this finally.

Finally again we will be able to have decent discussions with our opposing theorists. I look forward to it.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice
Finally again we will be able to have decent discussions with our opposing theorists. I look forward to it.

There's nothing wrong with differing points of view. No one wants to stifle free speech BUT there WILL be discussion within the bounds of decorum.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thanks guys!

I think this is a great idea. for those who want an adult discussion, let them have it. if they want to be a child about it, punish them like a child. there is no room for insults, ever. its a sensitive topic to a lot of people, including myself. hopefully we wont see anymore mud flinging on these threads.

again, thank you.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Another thing that I think is important is that when someone starts a topic on one aspect on 9/11, they are not interested in most cases in discussing an almost entirely unrelated aspect of 9/11. For example, if I start a thread on Flight 11 I don't want the thread to turn into a discussion about the Pentagon. Yet I see that happen in 9/11 threads regularly.

And another thing people do is try to spit everyone into two camps: official story deniers and everyone else. And it does not matter. If you think they are a paid disinfo agent then inform others of why that person's facts are incorrect and move on with things rather than worrying about whether they are a troll, a paid disinfo person, or simply are really that off-base.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I agree, i remember posting my experience with seeing the two planes hitting the twin towers. almost immediately, posters tried to derail it bringing up the pentagon, when the topic was about the twin towers.

its amazing how a topic can be derailed quickly, and by rudeness. im glad the mods are stepping it up.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I must point out that you used all Caps in the title of this thread something I have been warned of

Anyhow I agree with the logic behind going to a no tolerance policy and I agree with many of the posters above that it has gotten out of control.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The word conspiracy itself has become an insult. It no longer means two or more people plotting to commit a crime. It means crazy. When someone says they don't believe in 9-11 conspiracy theories they mean they don't believe in crazy 9-11 theories. That makes it really hard to have a civil discussion.

IMHO, unless some skeptic is claiming one terrorist hijacked four planes by himself, 9-11 is a conspiracy FACT. The conspiracy part isn't open to debate, regardless of whether you believe it was an inside job or WTC7 spontaneously imploded due to thermal expansion.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Crito]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
The word conspiracy itself has become an insult.

Along those lines, what happens if someone doesn't insult you personally but instead insults all "truthers," by which you are obviously implicated?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Along those lines, what happens if someone doesn't insult you personally but instead insults all "truthers," by which you are obviously implicated?

I don't take those al-Qaeda conspiracy theorists seriously anyways. I call them "crazy quiders", pronounced with a southern drawl.

You trying to get me in trouble on my second post? I'll get banned before getting a welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Crito

That's a double standard if you're saying turn the cheek in this instance, but you will be BANNED in this similar instance.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Sorry, but MORE ATS CONTROL FREAKERY!

Let people speak FFS!

One would think adults would have better things to do than obsess about All Caps, profanity etc etc. Toughen up ATS!

ATS = The MOST over moderated site in the universe = FACT!

Anyone recommend a similar site where people can speak their minds without petty thought police action?

PS - I am NOT an offender in regard to warnings.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thank You.
I know I have complained constantly in the past, I am glad it has come to this finally.

WAY too much of this (complaining) on ATS generally.
If you don't like something just ignore it or tough it out.
Too much petty PC here.

Sorry PC (apt huh) but just using you as example.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
That's a double standard...

That's why I'm not a "truther". I'm an al-Qaeda conspiracy debunker. There's no proof al-Qaeda even exists and videos posted on the Internet don't count as evidence.

You see, even the work debunk is an insult. It implies what the other person is saying is boolshiat. Civil discourse isn't possible when the topic is de-boolshiating your crazy theory.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well maybe I will head in this forum then again to try and play the game..

I have stayed FAR FAR away because nothing ever gets done in a forum where someone is slamming someone else for whatever reasons..

And why is it that you guys don't IP ban someone for violating the ToS? Cause these new people posting makes it simple to find someone who has been banned for some reason or another.. just ask Mr Pepper..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

you're right. Those constant fights between ppl were so tiring.
good work ATS guys.
keep it up,

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by virricocha

Thank You.

WAY too much of this (complaining) on ATS generally.
If you don't like something just ignore it or tough it out.
Too much petty PC here.

Sorry PC (apt huh) but just using you as example.

Ignore it?!?! No!!! That's not what fighters of truth do.

Seekers of truth do not allow their forums to be overrun by ignorance and trolls!

Thank you intrepid!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So, I have to ask, will the same heavy hand be applied to the so called (yet delusional) "truthers", or just against anyone with a rational sense of reality that dares to refute most of (un)truth movement's more crackpot ideas?

Granted, some have come up with some very interesting and compelling arguments and ideas, but at the same time, little to no proof.

So yes, tell me, when the more militant and crazy (lol) "truthers" decide to get into a slap fight, will they get banned too?

I still reserve the right to unabashedly mock anyone who suggests reptillians, aliens, jews or Abraham Lincoln did it.

edit: as for the rest. I doubt you all are that good at spotting accounts. Name my other accounts here, if you can.

Mod Edit: We said politeness, and we meant it.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by CoffinFeeder]

[edit on 12/20/2009 by seagull]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This was needed so much. I have a hard time sifting through the crap being slung from both sides, which I would say is very discrediting for both arguments and disheartening for those who seek the truth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join