It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

##ATTENTION ALL 9/11 POSTERS##

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is good and all but what I'd like to know is what happened to :

"This forum is under close staff srutiny"?

If this forum was under such "scrutiny" then why do we need another statement that it is?

I would like to know where the mods for this forum have been for the last 2 years that that big yellow banner has been up there?

Why now? It's been already stated that this forum would not take it anymore....yet it continues.

I'll hold my breath until I actually see a difference here.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
There's nothing wrong with differing points of view. No one wants to stifle free speech BUT there WILL be discussion within the bounds of decorum.

Good. I hope that you actually become one of the MODS here. We could use you.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I actually have been reading the last few threads on 911, and after a

hard day at work wasn't feeling the need to be attacked , so I stayed

away from contributing.

I dont mind an exchange of beliefs , with facts and experience, but when

name calling and belittling prevails, Its time to step back.

I even have a idea for a thread or two, but they would be shot down

or derailed by "the crew" within the first few posts.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Sean48]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why don't you just add a mod pre-filter function?

ANY post on ANY thread is sent to a mod and their subjective, infinite wisdom decides if it's worthy of public attention or not. Isn't this the path you seek for your filtered content plutocracy?

I thought ATS strived for free speech and all that malarkey; can't you lead by example?

Just add a bloody downvote button and if a post gets more than 10-20 negative hits (from different IP's), then the post becomes invisible.

As a reminder, it's users that contribute content that drives ad revenue; don't go pissing 'em off too much with a T&C manifesto that makes the Britannia encyclopedia look like a pamphlet.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
So, I have to ask, will the same heavy hand be applied to the so called (yet delusional) "truthers", or just against anyone with a rational sense of reality that dares to refute most of (un)truth movement's more crackpot ideas?

PrisonerOfSociety

This IS in a thread about T C

Imagine a heated discussion in which one side makes a valid point

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

There's nothing wrong with differing points of view. No one wants to stifle free speech BUT there WILL be discussion within the bounds of decorum.

Good. I hope that you actually become one of the MODS here. We could use you.

You can count on that. This forum will get back to ATS standards.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry, this still won't bring me back. The problem as I see it, isn't what happens on the threads, its the hateful U2U's you get after posting on the thread. Dare you ever mention that you are undecided about some "evidence" that someone posts that you have know clue what you are looking at while every one else oohs and aahs. Remember folks, don't ask questions or try to learn in the 9/11 forum, it will just get you flamed via u2u's

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This forum will get back to ATS standards.

I'm glad. Even though I'm quite new, I've seen some things that would turn some heads. Good job guys.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It had to come to this but it's past time.

I know my own experiences have been so excessively negative (in a previous lifetime) that it was difficult to continue to participate.

I believe the Truther Movement needs to renew its Self. Start fresh and focus the energy wiser, and in a more focused manner for maximum impact.

Although I do marvel at the apparent low IQ of many, and find obtuseness hard to believe as well; I still hope to see a new level of super subtle insults (but limited) that can evolve for the entertainment value.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Brown Bear]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Sorry, this still won't bring me back. The problem as I see it, isn't what happens on the threads, its the hateful U2U's you get after posting on the thread.

The T&C also covers u2u's. If you are getting harassing u2u's, use the Complaints/Suggestion button. It will be looked into.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Sorry, this still won't bring me back. The problem as I see it, isn't what happens on the threads, its the hateful U2U's you get after posting on the thread. Dare you ever mention that you are undecided about some "evidence" that someone posts that you have know clue what you are looking at while every one else oohs and aahs. Remember folks, don't ask questions or try to learn in the 9/11 forum, it will just get you flamed via u2u's

I actually have no idea what you are saying. I have yet to haveanyone U2U me about my views. Good or bad.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I did report it to a mod, but I would rather not open myself up to that again.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
From the other side of the spectrum, I sometimes found myself being outcast as a pariah because of my skepticism in regards to the so called "Truther Movement", but I also felt that I found some good among those of us taking part in the overall discussions (On BOTH sides of the aisle). To be honest, I really see some of the "Truthers" as being rather absurd in their claims, but I have never found it acceptable to simply sling mud at someone simply for disagreeing. I always try extremely hard to refrain myself from allowing any number of frustrations to overwhelm my sense of logic.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I hope this is for real. Like someone else already posted, there is a big yellow warning already at the bottom of the page that has been completely ignored.

I think a zero tolerance policy for insults, ridicule and the like would benefit this board rather than detract from it. It has seemed to me that the primary goal of those casting insults and ridicule about was to keep as few people discussing 9-11 as possible.

If I post something re: 9-11 that is in error, I have no problem with that error being pointed out, none at all. That can easily be done without being rude or sarcastic, but this often isn't the case. It would be great to civility enforced.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have been getting sick of 9/11 "truthers" insulting everyone who doesn't agree with their very questionable conspiracy theory...no matter how ( EDITED: i don't want to offend anyone
)

Good thread.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If I may throw my two cents in, keeping in mind that I don't think I have more than 50 posts in the 911 forum, and maybe a couple of threads dating from more than a year ago.

My observation is that, much like in the evolution/id conversation, most folks seem to be set in their ways, unwilling/unable to reconsider, and are only trying to convince others by pimping their point. Especially in the 911 forum, where so many have actually forgotten what it is even that they're even fighting for ... namely the truth and not their "side."

But this is the problem, their ego and even identity is so interconnected and aligned with their position, that not only reconsideration becomes all but impossible, but the very idea of conceding the point would involve them reconsidering their entire existence and views on everything.

In essence, they aren't actually discussing the topic, they are avoiding the consequences that they would have to face within themselves should they be ultimately be proved wrong. But ... there really only is one truth, and for now, I nor anyone else knows what it is. But instead of being bonded by the search for that truth they are divided by the fear of having invested so much time and of themselves in the argument and "losing."

So the truth matters little to them even though they claim it does ... all that matters is that they're right, for the ego is literally cemented to the belief.

When the truth becomes secondary ignorance reigns ... EVEN IF YOU"RE RIGHT!

Now obviously not everyone is like this ... but there's little incentive for those who have an earnest disposition to engage those who don't. For they speak with loud voices though they seldom say anything new,

Imagine a new member with honest inquiry as their motive?
Imagine, god forbid, that they they may be misinformed and looking for support?
Imagine they're not aware of the existing legions of members who work together to pimp their side on and off ATS?
Imagine a ten year old kid coming here and seeing adult members act more juvenile than his peers?

Please imagine all those things before you post again in that forum ... and I'm not even talking about civility and decorum for that should be the bare minimum!

I know much of this will be lost on many who are just so committed they can't even remember why they asked the simple questions which unite all those who seek the truth for its own merit and sake in that forum:

Who?
Why?
How?

All of you who post in there obviously care, remember that the other person does too ... respect that, understand that, and communicate accordingly.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Very well said.

It seems insults are more popular than supplying evidence to back up one's claims. It's quite bizarre but hey, it is indeed the internet.

Everyone is a tough guy until they break their Space Bar from typing in such an angry manner because someone disagreed with them in a conspiracy theory forum (notice how insane that sounds?)

No one on here knows the "Truth" behind 9/11 no matter how much they think they do. Theory after theory, they mimic what they hear or read. This goes for both sides of the 9/11 debate.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I view this with a cautionary perception. On one hand I want everyone to be able to speak their minds and on the other hand, I hate trying to chat about a topic only to have some thread-thug come in and get it all off topic.

Hope it works but its ashame it has to be at all.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im very impressed by ATS taking this step. I have learned invaluable information from this sight . It is easy to see how posts spiral out of control like they do considering the topics .

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I find not just complaint threads getting out of hand, but duplicate complaint threads (and also duplicate threads in general).

Nice to see a crack down on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join