It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Military Suicides Out Number Soldiers Killed By Enemy Fire For 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So, you don't see a difference between experiencing something, and simply studying it? I can't follow that logic.......the big boy pants comment was out of line, and I apologize. Finally, I think we have both gotten a wee bit off topic......however, I still say nothing beats experience, surely you would agree that having experienced something, is different than having read about something?

The Commando bit was funny as well as appropriate.

Ex

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Funny where these videos link back to,
Propoganda Experts!

HERE

[edit on 12/19/2009 by Ex]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I read his book on effect of war on men/women. Once you read it , many things will become clear.

Grossman

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Explanation: Yes I fully agree that hands on experience beats any theory any day. It can also confirm a previously held and untested theory
and upon doings so can VALIDATE that theory.

I accept your apology unreservedly.

I agree that I have helped drag this thread off topic and in an effort to address that issue directly I offer up a question.

Could of the higher than KIA statistical suicide rate alluded to in this threads OP have been a significant factor in recent Ft.Hood massacre's accused perpetrators actions [the massacre was allegedly carried out by a high ranking military MD of psychology]???

Personal Disclosure: Aussies are supposed to be larikin jokers and I do my best when and where I can.
I'm glad I could provide some comic relief in such a confronting thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

As far as the Ft. Hood thing, hard to say. There is so much wrong with that whole deal, I don't know what to believe. One shooter, three shooters, shooter is dead, nope he's alive, just too many wrongs for me to decipher a right. I will say this, to me, it looks more like an extremeist acting out more than anything. I also think that in todays pc world, it would have been very hard for the Army to do anything to this individual without cries of Islamaphobia. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever really know the truth of this instance, I don't really get the suicide by cop feeling off of this, but I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

As far as the Ft. Hood thing, hard to say. There is so much wrong with that whole deal, I don't know what to believe. One shooter, three shooters, shooter is dead, nope he's alive, just too many wrongs for me to decipher a right. I will say this, to me, it looks more like an extremeist acting out more than anything. I also think that in todays pc world, it would have been very hard for the Army to do anything to this individual without cries of Islamaphobia. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever really know the truth of this instance, I don't really get the suicide by cop feeling off of this, but I could be wrong.

I agree that it is to obscure from that angle to get an accurate POV concerning the Perpetrator[s] and so how about instead we have a think about whether the specific accused Military MD of psychology might have had a hand in promoting the excessive [when compared in isolation with the KIA statistics] number of US troop suicides! Did this Medical officer have any military employed psychology patients who ended up dead by confirmed suicide in the past 12mnths. If yes, then was there more than one incident and did these tragic incidents involve overdoses of perscribed medication for pyschological disorders ? How would I as an outsider to the US and its military go about researching such data?

Personal Disclosure: [Off Topic]
If you are coming to Oz in April you might want to avoid arriving on the 1st [Obvious huh!
] and 2ndly now that the $USD and the $AUD have some parity you might just want to convert some of those greenbacks into Aussie monopoly money, for financial security, just in case the $USD tanks and sinks in the coming months of the new year 2010.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Redacted due to accidental TRIPLE POST! WTF?
soz me a
:shk:

[edit on 19-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Redacted due to accidental TRIPLE POST! WTF?
soz me a
:shk:

Personal Disclosure: Since ATS started having 404 error ads recently, the whole ATS surfing experience has taken a dive! No wait! Make that a WIPEOUT!
SIGH!

[edit on 19-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Regardless of the scumbags in DC, these troops should always be supported by their countrymen...

The same way Germans supported their Nazi troops and govt?

Maybe next time you will turn the repeat button off and think about what youre saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Let's give Peace and Unity a chance to rule....

Wouldn't that be Great....

Happy Holidays...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

You are correct, and you can blame their parents and this society by keeping American citizens essentially believing in santa clause and what not. Everybody is being taught that right is right and there is no gray, we raised our kids in a manner that shielded them from different people and different ideas saying that those things are wrong but OUR way is right. So when they go out in the world and find out that everything they have been taught and everything they have been doing is not only wrong but dead wrong. Thats why you have an increase of people not only killing themselves in suicide but also taking a loved one and anybody they believe may or may not have slighted them. The have Maladaptive behavior and they don't know how to adapt to the REAL WORLD and not the world of the disfunction they came from.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

no thats what they think and they've been told they're fighting for.

who they're really fighting for is big corporations and executives that play chess with politics, governments, peoples lives and the world, in order to make money. they start wars to make money.

thats what they're really fighting for, whether they realize it or not.

the truth sucks.

probably why the suicide rate's so high.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, I think we can sum it up to guilt.......that is why the soldiers are committing suicide......guilt.....guilt of taking another life, an innocent life.....and then laughing with their buddies about it.....

At the end of the day, when you lay your head down on your pillow.....it's just you and your thoughts.....you can never run away from yourself.....

You have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of who you see.....if you have guilt, the pride is gone.....

Maybe before we march off to an illegal war.....we should think about what the consequences will be....

Maybe it's time to grow up and start thinking for ourselves...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I still disagree and feel you're just trolling, so I'll just leave you and the rest of the seditious American posters here a thought. Since you're all in agreement how awefull our troops and veterans are........consider this, you pay taxes, correct? So you're financing the very military you're against......kinda neat buying the amunition for us killers eh? Kinda like you're indirectly pulling the trigger, remember sqeeze it. Only one choice here I can see, commit a felony and don't pay your taxes.....you know like telling the troops to ignore lawful orders. Put your actions where your mouth is, several have said the troops should go to prison, rather than kill another person.....do you have the same intestinal fortitude? Didn't think so.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Since they aren't releasing anything of value, and probably won't until the trial is over, I don't know. It has been stated by several news agencies that he tried to convert troops during sessions and had several complaints filed against him. So no, the idea of him causing a few suicides is plausable.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
yes, they are very brave:

I am guessing your being sarcastic and apparently believe that they are cowards because of their behavior. Well let me first ask you...have you ever been in combat, ever been shot at, ever even come close to having your life taken with intent? If not that means your simply an ________!

Secondly, you post a video of what is probably a support unit / NON COMBAT MOS troops. This is the perfect video to show why my first post makes sense. These young men probably all have less than two years service, all play video games back home, plan on college, etc...and obviously were never mentally prepared or mature enough to go to REAL war.

Its sad that people like you get to enjoy the freedoms OTHERS have died for, faught for, and sacrifised for, but thats ok, we will continue carrying your dead weight

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

He claims to have been shot at by a sniper...........no other details though, how typical.............just a troll, been gone awhile now.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

I still disagree and feel you're just trolling........consider this, you pay taxes, correct? So you're financing the very military you're against......

Hi neighbor.......

Now look who's trolling.....I saw your post to vermonster on the 'before y'all bash' thread....

And if you read his posts you would have known he does not pay federal taxes and I don't either....their is no statute in the law books that say you must pay this....all the money that Americans pay into this tax, goes right into an off-shore account....right into the world bankers pockets.....

So I am not financing this corrupt illegal occupation at all!...you know what they say about assumptions??

I can sleep good at night knowing I have not killed innocent people.....how you sleepin' these days??

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yup, I saw how neither of you support the country fiscally, but still criticize it on that thread........it was not just directed at you. Some people actually do pay their taxes and contribute to this country. As far as sleeping well, not tonight, a bit of a cold. But, thera flu to the rescue.....thanks for the concern. Nite all.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Thats a load of crap.Some might be suicides by not all of them.Where do you think black ops gets it military personel from.Oh yes they died in a helecopter crash.He blew him self up.The body is burned beyond reconition.They disapear and come back with a new name as well.What about all those soldiers mia;s.No not missing in action.Working for black ops under a different name and in some cases a new face too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join