It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained phone call

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

I do not use either voice or speed dial, nor does my dad to my knowledge.

His phone shows the outgoing call in the call history, mine shows the incoming call. My phone does not show any other incoming or outgoing calls around this time frame aside from the one.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

Well that blows the only other theory I could think of out of the water. Other than some kind of software glitch; I don't have a clue.

hope you figure it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I too have heard this happening several times. I have also had the "late" texts show up over 2, soemtimes 3 days later. Now, when was the last time he called you from the phone? Was it already in the call history as being the last call before the one you received? What type and brand of phone? And what network? Also, users like Damian-007 are the reason the members are now being reported for attacking other users. At no time does the OP state in any way shape or form what their thought was as to what was going on. That was YOUR thoughts, not theirs. You assumed a lot when you read the post. Especially the fact that at no time did the OP or anyone else ask how a cell phone works, as we all already know. Glad you got that high school diploma. This was a well discribed incident that was posted for others to help with possible ideas and you, Damian-007, attacked them for it. For what ever reason, who cares. None of us do. Again, members like yourself have been and will continue to be reported for attacks on other users.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007

Originally posted by The Lord and Savior
reply to post by Damian-007

Thank god we have people like this to dictate reality to us.
A real polite response too.
coughdouchebagcough.!!

That's the Pot calling the Kettle black.

I'll remember your little dig at me and start treating you like a five year old or maybe you'd like me to treat you like a woman?

My post wasn't impolite. It was just straight forward and to the point. I wasn't "Dictating" anything to anybody. Do you know what the word "Dictating" actually means?

It's people like you that are bringing ATS down. What would you have liked me to do? Would you like me to phrase my replies as though I was talking to a bunch of Five year olds? Some of you act as though you are at times so maybe I should.

Only someone with the average intelligence of a Five year old would actually type "coughdouchebagcough". Maybe you should grow up a bit and stop throming insults around. Especially when you don;t even know me. I could be one of your greatest allies and you don't even know it yet..

You my friend are a bully ! The OP posted in all faith a story of an experience they had ! They asked for help and your first reaction is to take the p1ss and call them dilusional ! Your a disgrace ! And i think i speak for other posters here on that ! You should be ashamed of your attitude ! Politeness costs nothing though you obviously are not even willing to pay that !

[edit on 013131p://12America/Chicago19 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A freind of mine had his cell phone to get wet. He thought it was OK but a few days later it started to make phone calls from numbers in its contacts list all by its self. It done this at random for 3 or 4 days until it stop working altogether. It it keeps happening you dad may just have to get a new phone.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sirdumpsalot

To answer your questions, both phones are on the Sprint network, and both phones involved were Blackberry's. The last time he had actually called me was over 24 prior to the call in question, and I had not called his phone in at least a couple of days.

[edit on 12/20/2009 by NJE03]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Interesting. I have heard of software/programs outthere that allow you to alter what shows up on a caller ID when you call someone.

A lot of people who do prank calls use this.... Make it look like it is someone else calling and what not... I wonder if maybe what happened to you was simply just a really lame/failed prank call attempt?

Perhaps they used that software that alters the caller ID? Why they used your dad number I do not know. That is assuming this all happened...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

But how does this explain the outgoing call on my dads' phone and the voice mail message?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join