It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained phone call

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Today I left home to run some errands when I received a phone call from my dads' phone. I repeatedly said "hello?" and the caller said some things which I could not understand. I had my phone on speaker and my sister heard all of this as it happened. The strange thing is, his phone was at home on the charger and no one was home to have made the call. I had put it on the charger myself and when I got home it was right where I left it untouched. I asked about the call and it was confirmed that no one was home at the time. My dads' phone does however show an outgoing call to me, and someone was definitely on the other end as I and my sister witnessed. What do you make this?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Spooky!! How long was the conversation? Did your dad's phone hang up, or did you? The fact that it shows the call was sent from your dad's phone is wild. Are you the first person on his call list? On his speed dial? Very nice post! Is it a flip-phone or an open faced?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Rather odd and unnerving. I wish I had something to make you feel better but all I can say is I have had similar odd calls occur that should not have occurred and i have attributed them to mis dials , jokes, and G3-G4 network errors.

If I were to go out on a limb and make some guess as to it's origin I would have to go with 2012 campaign calls for Zombie Regan.

www.theonion.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm sure there'll be a resonable explanation for this or this is just a made up story. Phones don't just call another phone all by themselves.

It can't happen and It will never happen. Wanna know why? Phones have no intelligence, they have no will of their own. If that phone shows that it Dialled your phone then someone::
A/: Physically picked up your Dads phone and Dialled your phone with it.
B/: Programmed the phone to dial your phone at a certain date or time..

I don't even know of a phone that can be programmed to dial another phone unless someone has invented some program to do it.

But, if you believe or are trying to make us believe that a normal, evereyday phone has mysteriously dialled your number without any user intervention whatsoever, then you, my friend, are delusional.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

I agree, it is rather spooky.

The conversation lasted approximately 30 seconds, mostly consisting of me saying "hello?" and "what?" and indecipherable responses. I have asked my sister about the incident and she says that she could tell someone was on the line but as far as what they were saying she is as lost as I am. To answer your questions, the phone in question is open faced, I ended the call, and I am not on speed dial.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

Obviously I cannot in any way prove to you over the web that this incident occurred. You will have to take my word that this did indeed occur as I assure you it did (with witnesses), or dismiss it entirely. After this incident, a quick google search revealed that such occurrences are not all that uncommon and others have had similar experiences. So I am not alone in experiencing something of this nature.

Frankly I am a bit offended by your assumption that I am 'delusional' as you stated. I am simply relaying a strange thing that has happened to me today. Take from it what you will, but I am not sharing this to be accused of anything, but rather to gain insight from others into the incident in question.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Thank god we have people like this to dictate reality to us.
A real polite response too.
coughdouchebagcough.!!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If it was a cell phone get use to it.

I was with my daughter at a restaurant and my cell phone beeped telling me I had a text message.

I was curious so I checked it.

It was a text from my daughter who was sitting in front of me..from 2 days prior.

Must have got hung up in the computer routing and then got cleaned out.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As mobile phones are software driven, it is not at all unreasonable to think it may have been an glitch that can be caused by a power surge while charging, also if the phone that made the call has been dropped, or gotten wet, or even had software installed or an firmware update done recently; could account for the glitch.

Another possibility would be remote software installed on the phone, not all that common but can be done. Also network glitch is another possibility, even though it does seem odd that the other phone in question did have the call in it's history if it was an network error.

Good luck trying to figure it out.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

Yes, but they are glitches in the Telco's operating equipment. Those type of events don't get recorded on the originating phone.

If your Dads phone shows that your number was dialled from it, then your number was dialled from it. No if's, No but's..

Are you trying to say that you suspect that something, maybe a Ghost or some other entity, Pressed the Buttons on the KeyPad of your Dads Phone to dial your phone?

If you had said that yor dads phone had called your phone and the number was not recorded, then that would be another story. Phones can only record what happens, same as your screen records the keys pressed when you press them. If a key is not pressed then nothing is recorded. Sometimes a little peice of dirt or a faulty keyboard may allow a key to appear pressed but that is just a random thing. You don't see words typed out just as you won't see a phione number typed out in order unless it's in speed dialling. You sometimes see this when someone has their phone in their pocket and they sit down. Their phone then rings their Friend/Mother/Father/Sister/Brother/cousin/nephew/Local Police without even realising it. It's still not supernatural.

Now, Maybe, and this is a big maybe,. When your Dads Phone is in it's charger, after a while it get's warm and then expands, Pressing itself against it's holder where it then presses a key for a period. This might activate your number under speed dialling and then dials your number. I doubt it, I could never imagine it happening and I think it's far fetched. But, could it happen? Yes it could....

Anyhow, however you want to look at it. Because the number has been recorded, it has been dialled from your dads phone. Physically...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The only problem with your theory is that I am not on speed dial, as previously mentioned. You ask if I am trying to say that a ghost or entity dialed the number, I am not trying make any such claim however (or any claim at all for that matter). What I am trying to do is gather any information I can about the incident. The only thing keeping me from initially believing this to be a glitch is the fact that both I, and my sister agreed that someone was on the line with me. We were both surprised to find that no one had been at home at the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Lord and Savior

Thank god we have people like this to dictate reality to us.
A real polite response too.
coughdouchebagcough.!!

That's the Pot calling the Kettle black.

I'll remember your little dig at me and start treating you like a five year old or maybe you'd like me to treat you like a woman?

My post wasn't impolite. It was just straight forward and to the point. I wasn't "Dictating" anything to anybody. Do you know what the word "Dictating" actually means?

It's people like you that are bringing ATS down. What would you have liked me to do? Would you like me to phrase my replies as though I was talking to a bunch of Five year olds? Some of you act as though you are at times so maybe I should.

Only someone with the average intelligence of a Five year old would actually type "coughdouchebagcough". Maybe you should grow up a bit and stop throming insults around. Especially when you don;t even know me. I could be one of your greatest allies and you don't even know it yet..

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Do you think that it may be possible that what you heard may have been electronic signal noise garbage instead of voices? If so then the glitch theory would fit. Of course none of us were there to hear what you have heard so we are only guessing.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i remember back in the 80's, my dad had a radio that could pick up one of the neighbours phone calls, my sister used to read their palms, they were are amazed at her accuracy

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I agree with some of the other posts. Glitches, delays, and cross frequencies.

Now if you ever happen to be talking on the phone with friend or family 3-4 states over from you and both your home(apartment etc) electrical power is unplugged simutaneously with no electrical storms in either state. Thats when ya can throw the SPOOK flag and be concerned. Especially if you are talking about the supernatural, aliens, and conspiracies with them.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My dad has discovered that he has a voicemail of me saying hello repeatedly, though it sounds extremely choppy. Strange considering my phone rang and I picked it up, I did not call him.

Pappa_Bear, it is definitely a possibility that I could have heard some sort of electronic signal noise. At the time I perceived it as a voice, so I can't say for sure.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Could it be interference from digital downloads to your TV set that somehow accidently triggers redial?

Or maybe it activates some old message?

Has anyone noticed other communications glitches due to digital TV?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have had someone call me on my cell from my cell number. Once it was someone trying to sell me something - I didn't ask why my number came up - I figured it was just some weird fluke -It's happened at least 5 other times - I didn't pick them up.
Now - how does someone use your own number to call you? Weird and disturbing.

Editing to add -
this experience you explain is very unsettling -
hope it becomes explainable at some point.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE03

Two more question, is your phone on voice dial or do you have your dad's phone on speed dial?

Which call history is the call show up in on your dad's phone....Dialed...Received.....or Missed?

Also in your phone's call history is there any received calls at or around the same time this happened, and does your phone history show and dialed calls at that time?

I know this may sound weird, but I have had this happen.....I relieved a call(my phone was ringing), when I answered, I inadvertently hit a button activating speed dial to my wifes phone, and all I could hear then was garbled noise as my phone was talking on separate calls not conferenced together. Just thinking this may be a remote possibility.

On your phone look for any inbound call that may be marked at one minute before an outgoing call to your dad's # occuring around the time that matches the voicemail on your dad's phone

[edit on 18/12/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Very strange indeed OP.

I read this post this morning, it's eerily familiar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join