It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you think the us will actually go into civil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

do you think the us will actually go into civil war

google.ca

To many people have family and friends that are not in the military. so if they go to wr with eachother you really think the military members would go against them ...??
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
okay i read on here all the time about people worried that the states is goin to go into a civil war. now im not arguing maybe it will happen but every member in the us army has family.. family usually means alot to people so what makes anyone think they will go into a war where they are killing or arresting their own family members.. i would love to hear any comments on why they would do that .. the us government would probably consider that treason on their behalf.. but take into consideration that people will do anything for their family or friends so they wouldnt be killing and arresting them because they are disagreeing with whats being done .. please leave comments and let me know what you guys think.

google.ca

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Did you think the Germans would?

Divide and conquer. just as long as those soldiers are looking at the American people as terrorists, or people that are to radical, all will go according to plan.

As long as you have a mind game played on you, which we all can unless we truly know whats real and whats imaginary, were screwed.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by demontigny

okay i read on here all the time about people worried that the states is goin to go into a civil war. now im not arguing maybe it will happen but every member in the us army has family.. family usually means alot to people so what makes anyone think they will go into a war where they are killing or arresting their own family members.. i would love to hear any comments on why they would do that .. the us government would probably consider that treason on their behalf.. but take into consideration that people will do anything for their family or friends so they wouldnt be killing and arresting them because they are disagreeing with whats being done .. please leave comments and let me know what you guys think.

google.ca

I agree with you in part,I know i couldnt kill a member of my family just because uncle sam said so.

On the other hand though what are the chances of a person in the military being deployed in there hometown or close to there hometown? I think that if it comes down to a civil war there will be alot of military members deserting there dutys. But there will also be alot who will remain to fight.

The killing of fellow americans will be no different than the killing of another countrys people. There are always those people who do not like some race or group of people for one reason or another, Even among those in the military.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If healthcare reform gets rammed through in its current state, you will see the beginning of trouble in isolated areas.

Just remember, The Oath Keepers are on your side.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
One word.... NO

There are a number of reasons, but I'll list 2

1.) The military is composed of US citizens and I don't believe that the military would fight the population.
2.) For the general population to revolt would take a huge number of people with nothing left to lose. My opinion is that most of the population has too much to lose.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am actually entertaining the thought of something much larger and involved.

In order to obtain a fair, balanced and pure world government, one would assume that we need to engage in a Civil World War.

No?

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it is a sad reality that it may happen. As previously mentioned many in the military have strong family ties...but i know who dont than who do. Plus its like asking a cop if hed choose the family over the law..a lot of cops would say they would choose the law, many the family. I think its a definite possibility but i also think there would be a large surge in desertion if civil war broke out.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

it seems that plenty of tea-baggers are ready for a civil war. right-wingers are just waiting for that spark to be lit.

anyway, if the wealthy and corporate feel they are threatened enough, they will discreetly light the spark.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would never kill my countrymen for any reason but if another country invades mine I will gladly exercise my second amendment right to eliminate them one by one... 2 AR-15's, 1 9mm, Stockpile of ammunition, great leaderships skills, and a degree in chemistry focused on energetic materials will give me the high ground in any invasion of the United States of America. Not to mention I live next to the state who's militia stopped the British in their tracks during the revolutionary(Vermont) and the state next to that has the motto "Live Free Or Die"...Americans don't take kindly to being invaded and we sure do love our guns and wars...

But civil war will never happen!

LifENcircleS

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the soldiers would do.. I know lately here there have been several gone awol and at least 2 suicides a month. These guys (most) have family away from base, but base become family too. The Army sucks you in. Spouses are encouraged to work or go to school on post. Kids go to school on post. Lots of recreational activities on post. -- I am a runner, and was told to only run on post. The Army give you a paycheck - place to live - insurance.. a career with a future. Soldiers respect that and don't want to loose it.

Would they go shoot up their cousins etc.? I think their mindset would be -- why are people resisting? I hope we don't have to find out.

Anyone ever seen a chicken fight? If a chicken runs & won't fight the owner immediately rings it neck.

I knew a soldier that went to chaplain & said he didn't think he could kill people. No one has seen him since, rumor that he is locked up in mental ward.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In a word no, the U.S Government is no dummy they will not use US Military to quell an uprising in the States they will get the UN involved so we have foreign troops on our soil shooting at civilians. However I would not want to be one of the "UN Peacekeepers" sent to quell an uprising in the states, since most Americans own guns (God Bless the Second Amendment) they would get there asses handed to them.

Sailor

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It isn't going to be a Civil War, it is going to be a Revolutionary War. The second of it's kind in these parts.

And don't pander to the question of "if" but rather you should be asking "when". The revolution has already begun, you may not see fire and bloodshed just yet, but believe me - it is coming.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by demontigny

much as I hate to say it, I doubt there will be a civil war. not enough direction and leadership.

massive civil unrest and rioting, I could see, but that's about it.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I'm going to have to agree with you, the Progressives from the 60's and 70's have gained power and now their lakies are the ones in power, so it will be a revolutionary war, I don't know what army they are going to get to fight for them. But what I don't think people realize is that people in the Military know people all over the country. Just because they might not have family in the area they are deployed too doesn't mean they don't have an emotional connection with people in that town because of one of their buddies that they served with was from there.

Also the US military would weed out the ones that would follow orders like that, that is why Obama was calling for a "national defense force". Then if they call the UN in, it won't be pretty.

top topics

join