It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against The Machine's Morello praises chart race

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
People are waking up.

People are strting to fight back.

Fight back against the machine that keeps us all locked down.

It's only a small step, but for some, this is a big step forwards. A step that says;
" I wont do what you told me"!!!!!

Rage Against The Machine's Tom Morello has said that beating the X Factor single to Christmas number one will be a "wonderful dose of anarchy".

A Facebook group which aims to get the band's 1992 hit Killing In The Name to the top of the festive chart has attracted more than 750,000 members.

Current figures show the song has sold 175,000 copies, compared to 110,000 for McElderry's single, The Climb.

Morello went on to say;

"There are a lot of people who don't feel represented by it (X factor show) and this Christmas in the UK they're having their say."

"My hope is that one of the results of this whole Christmas season is there'll be a new generation of rockers who will take on the establishment with the music they write."

news.bbc.co.uk...

So have your say... get out there and get the single..

Let's make this Christmasone to remember by letting them know that we will NOT do as they tell us...

I, for one, will be adding my support

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I've bought my copy of RATM. Will be great if it's succesful.

My only regret is that Sony is the real winner in this. They own the rights to both artists!

But it's worth making Sony an extra buck if we manage to screw the establishment a little bit.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Im gonna buy one when im home tomorrow.
Maybe if we can do this, then next year we can achully get an xmas song to the top ^_^

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Best damn group ever RATM is the # hands down, i'm glad to be hearing something from them wish they drop a new album about right now it would be the perfect time to do so. But from what they have said they got too much going on, but their tracks play in tune with everything going on right now.
S&F

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How can they have too much going on? I mean isn't their job to put out new music? They haven't had an album out for years. Their last one wasn't that great either. Evil Empire is one of the best.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
How can they have too much going on? I mean isn't their job to put out new music? They haven't had an album out for years. Their last one wasn't that great either. Evil Empire is one of the best.

Ever since all of this crazy gov. # been going on i been keeping up with them expecting something new, they split off doing their own things after their last album, so their just busy doing their own things their old albums speaks a thousand words in todays reality though. I think you can look this up on WIKI, but however they have been touring and doing shows up till last year based on the old albums

[edit on 17-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I grew up with Tom. His mom is one of my favorite teachers ever. Both he and his mom have always been very vocal on their views of "Right and Wrong"s going on in the world.
I was never a huge fan of his band, but, oddly enough, I've been to a few shows and went backstage once.
Ms. Morello is the coolest.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Don't forget about his new project Street Sweeper Social club who's debut album is called "Songs of the Revolution". It's more like Rage than Audioslave was.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

thanks didn't know getting it now, sounds good but can't top rage unless its put out by rage but still worth getting

here's the album on amazon if you want to give it a listen
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261068872&sr=8-1

[edit on 17-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A wonderful dose of anarchy ???

or a nice little paycheck for a band that hasn't cashed in for awhile ??

This is the music industry were talking about, a magical land where pop singers are virgins, Rick Ross the former correctional officer is a " Gangsta" .... and rage against the machine wants to start a revolution.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I hope they make a killin because they are the only ones who stand up to make this kind of music, a revolution is inevitable just look at whats going on and how many people are waking up to the corrupt government and the lies they bring forth

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I love R.A.T.M I bought there album a few years back, won't buy anything else until the drop another disk.
Timing just seems like hey its christmas please buy my old album so I can pay off my credit cards

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its true, Sony is the winner! I doubt simon cowell will be to upset. He's just had one of the best X factors and will still get rich.

Mite be a good time to invest in Sony shares lol.

Tsom87

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Regardless of who makes any money from this, it is the message and point of the track itself which is deeply important to a lot of people.

Every day I hear talk from many age groups and life styles about how bad everything is and who is to blame (banks and government mostly blamed)

People have had enough. Full Stop.

Many are waking up to new ideas and new thoughts everyday... and the new thoughts are turning against the old regime.

There is a breath of fresh air on its way.. and it is increasing in speed...

It approaches us like whispers of a new dawn, a new age... but definitely not of a new world order

Let's hope that if everyone has a Rage Against the Machine then we can Change the Machine... or destroy it completely
It's one of those opportunities that you'd kinda love your kids to hook onto.. hope they'll grow into what you've always hoped for.. free and intelligent in their own way.. instead of being controlled and forced into a system that is aging, dying, falling and continuously corrupt.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

The band split for quite a while.

They havent made a bad album, ever, though.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Love that band!

Saw them back in '92,at the Barrowlands in Glasgow and they were simply awesome!
I really hope they make the number 1 slot for Xmas!
All this X factor drivel is driving me insane,it almost seems to be a form of mind control!
Some people will spend their money on anything relating to that show,thinking they are supporting their favourite artist,not realising that Simon Cowell is the only person cashing in!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio,Rage Against The Machine xmas number one!!
WOOH!!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow, so the people of the UK did it! You should all be very proud of yourselves. I love it when people take back some power.

This maybe a small step, but that's how it all starts.

WELL DONE!!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Interesting and very history making.... the first ever xmas no 1 that was internet download only !!! oops and also the first x factor winner release that didnt make number one shame

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We won hahahah, simply amazing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join