It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rage Against The Machine's Morello praises chart race

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
just think of all those kids out there, now rocking to RATM, rather than Coldplay or Busted, weve introduced a new generation to music , where the words have meaning and cant be ignored.

the posters coming on and making negative remarks about those who bought the single are annoying. I was well aware of Simon Cowells connections to Sony and RATM. That wasn't the point.

If we hadn't bought the track we wouldn't have just raised 66,000 pounds for the homeless at Christmas. That's surely a good enough reason in itself.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

not stupid at all rock on

might get whiplash these days tho,

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
just think of all those kids out there, now rocking to RATM, rather than Coldplay or Busted, weve introduced a new generation to music , where the words have meaning and cant be ignored.

the posters coming on and making negative remarks about those who bought the single are annoying. I was well aware of Simon Cowells connections to Sony and RATM. That wasn't the point.

If we hadn't bought the track we wouldn't have just raised 66,000 pounds for the homeless at Christmas. That's surely a good enough reason in itself.

very well said woodwardjnr 66,000 for the homeless would the x factor winner do that or throw a free gig and educate them on all the injustice in the world, i don't think so, but im of the belife that if you don't know what the meaning and intent is in there songs you never will or too young to grasp it,
like i was when i first started listening to them about 16 years ago,
to me it was all about the bad boy image back thenno idea of the meening of it all,
if kids/teens take to this after all this hype we should teach them what the meaning's behind there songs are,
we never had older wiser people to point it out while we were growing up it wasent there sort of music, we are wiser now and if the youth take to it because of all the swearing and rebeliousnes we should point out the reasons for all that.. there more likely to understand the meaning's behind there songs earlyer on than to work it out for themselves 10 years later.

rage against the machine is an exellent band to teach about greed, poverty, injustice, and morality (morality despite the swearing that just make people sit up and listen).

i think the us should have the same or similar campaing.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

I reckon that us ATS members who are following this new and brilliant revolt should get together and go to the free concert.

I'm not one for going to concerts.. only ever seen pink floyd at Wembley..

I have a funny feeling that this concert is going to be major.

Imagine the banners being made and displayed.. the voice of several thousand people all raging against the machine..

I hope someone does a video of it..

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

do we know where in the UK they wil be playing ?

so i can get walking now if its not near me

Well done UK helping people my age and young think about why this songs means something and maybe open their eyes.

I even heard it in a club at the weekend, everyone was rocking to it,
makes a change to me just rocking in my room haha.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I'm sure that the location and date(s) will be released once they get themselves organised. Might be a couple of months at least before we hear about where and when .

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

oh right, atleast they have not been relased yet, if this event was in a public place say like a town sqaure this event would be huge but dangerous.

still what a great time to come back and make people aware a new generation to help out

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

yes i belive all people who know and belive what they stand for should go,
the people on ats should especialy know what there on about in there songs. those who do not please learn..

well me and my mate are definatly going,
can't wait till they release mose info,
i dident get the confermation email when i tried to register on there web site
so havent heard anymore yet.

haven't been to a proper gig in about 13 years and this is one band i want to see live

if i find any more info i will post it in this thread

[edit on 22/12/09 by slaine1978]

[edit on 22/12/09 by slaine1978]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I love the fact that we've PROVEN to the world that we won't allow corporate manufactory to rule us.

I love the fact the fans have donated a HUGE amount to Shelter the homeless charity (and potentially saved some lives the Xmas).

I love the fact that Rage are donating their royalties to this charity too...

It also makes me laugh whenever i hear the radio 'and now for our Xmas number one... Rage against the machine'

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

makes you proud of the British dont you agree, we opted for changed and got it.

we need the next step now.....

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I love Rage and it shows that real music can trump manufactured music any day of the week. Real music rings with people on a whole other level. Music with a real message that reaches peole the way Rage does is more powerful than any weapon...
Those who work forces....
Are the same who burn crosses....
You better what they told ya....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i for one was proud to be a part of this campaign and watch it grow from a small group into an into a mainstream media force, raise almost £100,000 for a homless charity SHELTER and got one of my favourite bands to play live for us in just a few weeks. I had a merry xmas and a brilliant new year.

Here's the video of them playing on the radio...... language warning for the kiddies

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The UK concert date will be posted on their main site as soon as they get the chance to sort it all out..

www.ratm.com...

Congrats to everyone who played a part

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's too late now
registration closed on the 14th February i missed it and those that registerd are not guaranted a ticket as they have to go through a rolling lotto on the 17th of febuary based on your postcode, hope some of you got it..
its in FINSBURY PARK LONDON on the 6th of june.

www.ratm.com...

there also playing the download festival this year which i plan on going to

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slaine1978

Yup...missed it too...

Too busy doing other stuff... as normal..

Typical..

Ah, well never mind.. I was kinda hoping we'd have heard a bit more about it on other sources, but tptb obviously wanted to put a lid on this one.

Thanks for the update.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join