It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf petro-powers to launch currency in latest threat to dollar hegemony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Gulf petro-powers to launch currency in latest threat to dollar hegemony

www.telegraph. co.uk

The Arab states of the Gulf region have agreed to launch a single currency modelled on the euro, hoping to blaze a trail towards a pan-Arab monetary union swelling to the ancient borders of the Ummayad Caliphate
Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar are to launch the first phase next year, creating a Gulf Monetary Council that will evolve quickly into a full-fledged central bank
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So here it goes. looks like the start of something big going down at last with the whole currency situation.

Im not going to pretend I know much about all this, but ive heard Alex Jones for a long time telling us about how the dollar is to be ditched for new currencies.

Looks like it happening now as we speak.

www.telegraph. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Nice find S+F

the only way to trade is to share!

right now its lets share! then im sad to say.. its LETS CONTROLL

this is phase one of a HUMAN race that is destin to end up like effed up alien race of bio machines.

Think BEES with a queen.

we are so screwed its not even funny.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a legend in his own mind.

Rumblings about this sort of thing have been going on for a while.

Anybody who was paying attention could see it coming: Gulf Arabs Could Drop Dollar Pegs in Unison (Update 1)(UPDATE 2)

also: OPEC to Study Currency Basket for Pricing

There is also an Asian regional currency (through the Shanghai Cooperation Organization) in the works and even a central bank for Central and South America. Brazil To Join "Bank of the South"

Everybody has been distancing themselves from the USD for several years now. It's the reason the US dollar's purchasing power has fallen by about 30% in the last ten years.

Even the IMF and World Bank have started dealing exclusively with the newly expanded Special Drawing Rights system rather than any one currency.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Will this bank be a privet bank or state owned ?

Second line .

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

all central banks are private mate.

The very first was created in England.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 13579

As I thought .

I would also guess that most of these privet banks are owned my pretty much the same group of people ?

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It wouldnt surprise me one bit. Its probably been planned for a long time!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Everyone uses the American dollar.
This must be a way of finding the terrorists.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Good luck to them. Have at it. It's your oil, so take in payment what you deem necessry. If others don't want to play, then they can play along or just not buy your product. Unfortunately, some folks don't want to play by these various rules. And so they decide to take it from you. It's all about choices, your own, and others'. Good luck with your choices!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Between them they amount to regional superpower with a GDP of $1.2 trillion (£739bn), some 40pc of the world’s proven oil reserves, and financial clout equal to that of China

Same story is now up on Infowars as well. I suspect this will be all over the news in the next few days. Big story!

www.infowars.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

We use the euro here in Europe. At my job we trade with companies in Africa, Asia, South America and the USA. We almost exclusively trade in euro, except for when we trade with the USA.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was just reading some say the Dollar is due possibly in the short term to drop as much as to 1/6th in 2010.
But I just got E-Mail Dollar is going to rock in 2010, from the looks of things it might be Rock bottom.
To me the Euro looks safe, but then I don't know to much in these matters, but it appears the writing is on the wall.
Part of the NWO plan is suppose to be the destruction of the Dollar, then comes Amero, even though they said that one is thrown out.

Maybe they will get rid of all the paper and just give you number, your unhackable RFID chip and there you go.

This would mess the criminals up a bit would have to come up with some new angles.

I know I'm trying to stay ahead of the game and buying as much stock in PostiveID was ( VeriChip ) as I can, only thing is once I make 10 million off the deal it will only be worth $100 bucks in American, ohwell.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

We use the euro here in Europe. At my job we trade with companies in Africa, Asia, South America and the USA. We almost exclusively trade in euro, except for when we trade with the USA.

I was thinking about all the videos of terrorists and locals, OK just the
locals in the terrorists countries... they have fist fulls of dollars.
Thats what I saw at one time.
Not talking about Europe.
As far as I could tell the Middle East was running on US currency.

So, if the Arab States want their own currency then they elliminate
the terrorist operation.

Just staying on topic this time:
"Gulf petro-powers to launch currency in latest threat to dollar hegemony"
Gulf means near Middle East and terror harboring countries and
lands of people that come over to America and fly planes into Manhattan
and explode buildings with UFO pressure beams.

ED: Which I don't think happened that way but a new currency
around the Gulf seems a good counter measure.

[edit on 12/17/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Issuing new types of currency is nothing new....I'll stick with what works best in my neighborhood:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b50b52e3ab8.jpg[/atsimg]

LOL

maybe I should start issuing my own currency too...hell, we all should

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
can anyone say gulf war?

Who wants to be paid in USD when it's worthless, give me gold...watch out..usa invades iraq....ok then

We will just make our own currency...and I want payment in that!!!

LOL

the usa is screwed

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

I was thinking about all the videos of terrorists and locals, OK just the
locals in the terrorists countries... they have fist fulls of dollars.
Thats what I saw at one time.
Not talking about Europe.
As far as I could tell the Middle East was running on US currency.

So, if the Arab States want their own currency then they elliminate
the terrorist operation.

The Arab Emirates have their own currency and so does all the other countries in the region. They don't use the US dollar as their currency. They price their goods (e.g. oil and natural gas) in dollars as well as euro, except for Iran who has moved to pricing it in euro only. And the reason why they don't price their goods in their own currencies is because they have decided to not make them tradable, e.g. you can't export or import their currency and you can't exchange it except for within the respective country. But then so is also the case with Nigeria and many other countries.

So yes, they are flush with dollars as well as euros, but that's not because they use them as their currency, only because they receive so much of it in exchange for their goods.

It is still not clear whether the new Gulf currency will be tradable or not, but if it will then I would expect them to start pricing their goods in that currency.

top topics

join