It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AccuWeather on Climate Change: It's Ice not Fire You're Going to Be Worried about Down the Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here is an interesting Youtube video of Accuweather's Joe Bastardi, with his claim that it is Global COOLING, not Global WARMING, that we should be worried about over the next 30 years:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
here where I live in Europe it was the coldest winter in over a decade last year.

If global warming would really stop winters sign me up.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is on of my favorite topics. I think an Ice Age or even a Little Ice Age is on of the western worlds biggest problems over the next 100 years. Just look at a map of the ice sheets during the Ice Age in America and Europe. Imagine the food shortages.... US has more wheat than anyone and it grows in that area.

check this site out:

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am not concerned about global cooling, nor am I not concerned about global warming, nor am I concerned about what is happening, which is global temperature equalization. I am concerned that our food and water is poisoned and people are more interested in debating about how BOTH our livable spaces are increasing towards extreme temperatures and our non-livable spaces are mellowing out a little and that means we should argue.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I am concerned that our food and water is poisoned and people are more interested in debating about how BOTH our livable spaces are increasing towards extreme temperatures and our non-livable spaces are mellowing out a little and that means we should argue.

We are discussing THAT on several other threads. This one is about the topic posted.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
When the new ice age comes, can we try Al Gore for crimes against humanity?

In his defence, all of the hot air coming out of his mouth is probable single-handedly holding off the ice age.

I can dream though.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Why wait? After all, he has defrauded people of a couple hundred million dollars with his sham. Snake oil salesmen couldn't hold a candle to that record.
We should also name the MSM as co-defendants.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
With a full fledged BLIZZARD heading for the East Coast, and a second one, scheduled for Christmas Eve, somewhere between the midwest and the east coast. it certainly looks like Joe Bastardi knows a lot more than Al "the idiot" Gore.Keep talking, Gore, your mouth will be buried in snow, if you go back to DC, where they are expecting up to TWO FEET of snow.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by FortAnthem

Why wait? After all, he has defrauded people of a couple hundred million dollars with his sham. Snake oil salesmen couldn't hold a candle to that record.
We should also name the MSM as co-defendants.

You are too nice.
The 79 Billion Dollar Scam

I'll concede that some of that was rightfully given in the name of advancement of scientific knowledge. However it seems that what it has caused is a stagnation.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I'll concede that some of that was rightfully given in the name of advancement of scientific knowledge. However it seems that what it has caused is a stagnation.

True, I was merely talking about how much money HE personally benefited from the AGW sham.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I find this hilarious, here we have the profiteers of climate change talking about global warming when from the beginning is been told that global warming is nothing but the beginning of what is to come, the next ice age.

Propaganda has been geared to make people completely forget what climate change is all about, the natural cooling trends of the earth that brings the ice age.

Sorry to say this but we are do to another ice age and not climate bill or global warming scam is going to stop that from happening.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You're right, Marg. BTW, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
-Prof. E

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
here where I live in Europe it was the coldest winter in over a decade last year.

If global warming would really stop winters sign me up.

In Texas, we had one of the warmest summers on record. I would love to see some cooling here.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Northern europes weather is manily controlled other than sun, by the north atlantic current.

We had 1 week of summer for last 2 summers in london.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
On the blizzards, you do know it is winter in the NH guys? Happens quite often in winter.

Anyways, when 2010 is the hottest year in the modern global record I'll drag this thread up for the lulz.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

On the blizzards, you do know it is winter in the NH guys? Happens quite often in winter. Anyways, when 2010 is the hottest year in the modern global record I'll drag this thread up for the lulz.

Oh, thanks melatonin. I wasn't aware of that. I just that the heavy snow outside my window was Al Gore scratching the dandruff off his head.
BTW, I'll take you up on your last sentence, if the reverse is also found to be true. Fair enough?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
BTW, I'll take you up on your last sentence, if the reverse is also found to be true. Fair enough?

Would only really work for you if we find a real lowering in temps next year, lol. Not likely to happen.

2010 will be almost certainly warmer than this year (barring volcano etc), and this year is looking to be the second warmest in the record. We're well into an El Nino and it tends have a latency of a few months to really show in global temps.

Given we're in a period of deep dormancy for solar activity, pretty telling. Should be fun when the sun gets back into the game.

join