It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Inc (Movie) VS The Meat Company

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Has anyone ever seen this movie? This is a VERY educational film on what the companies are putting on our foods that cause cancers and injure people. The companies are suing the farmers that they hired because farmers are speaking out against what they companies are wanting to put and are putting in our foods that have lead to problems in our heath. What do you ATSers think about this? I think this should be a forum because there clearly is something the companies aren't wanting us to know. Heck they sued operah because of the e-col-i (sp?) break out and she said quote "I'm not eating another hamburger ever" and they sued operah for there "loss" of profit.

I think you should rent this movie on netflix or look it up. It's very educational. I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on this matter. So please feel free to reply.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
wanted to add. They made a law in Colorado where it's illegal to talk about the quality of the meat, they've also made laws against people talking about meat and the companies. Can I say they only care about them and not the people who are getting sick from these meats in America?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

that's a pretty stupid law.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
never heard of it till now but reviews look sick lol gotta check it out, just found a dvd rip

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Looks interesting. I haven't seen it yet but as soon as this download finishes and I watch it, I will let you know.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

your not using a nastay torrent are you? i got Divx u2u me for link if you want it

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Nope.. I don't do torrents.. I got a storage.to link also Divx

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
good deal i just found the new Doc Collapse also can't wait to see it

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

btjunkie FTW!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Great Movie!!!!!

Changed my life...Most of this I knew but it's different when you see it. My family has completely changed to organics and we don't touch any fast food. We also try to avoid any High Fructose Corn Syrup.

The first time I went grocery shopping I couldn't help but notice everyone's cart full of gmo's, perservatives, and corn based products.

It's crazy they put corn in everything....EVERYTHING.

The gmo seeds are taking over and pretty soon no one will be able to grow anything because of gene spliciing patents. Except the two or three companies that own the patents.

I also want to say what a differnce in taste with organics. The first time my wife and I bought organic hot dogs she took her first bite and the juice shot her in the eye. I dind't know hot dogs had juice???? lol!

watch this movie it will change your life!

Eat well and be well.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Can someone post a link? I'd like to watch this too.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by swinggal

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
have seen this movie and must say its very very important! theres a great line in the opening sequence that goes "this is more than just about food...its about what we're allowed to know and what we are allowed to say"
it compels you to open youre eyes wide and think about the food industry and see it for what it is... its not real food.
i have given this movie to family, friends and as many workmates as i can to spread some awareness...also be aware of monsanto and its activities.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KritikalMass
have seen this movie and must say its very very important! theres a great line in the opening sequence that goes "this is more than just about food...its about what we're allowed to know and what we are allowed to say"
it compels you to open youre eyes wide and think about the food industry and see it for what it is... its not real food.
i have given this movie to family, friends and as many workmates as i can to spread some awareness...also be aware of monsanto and its activities.

Exactly and they are trying to shut people up who speak out against the meat and food companies because they know it's wrong what they are doing.

The meat companies WILL not recall a food for any type of bacteria until it has affected a large amount of people. So they will continue to ship bad meat after bad meat until people get sick. I believe when one person get's sick and it's clearly from the meat recall it and or test that facility it's coming from.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
if you want a link you can u2u me but you must have DIVx software installed to view i don't think admin would like for a link to be posted for movie i could be wrong but for justifiable cause lets do u2u if you want to watch

[edit on 16-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just watched the movie and it's shocking. Of course there is little new here that I haven't learned before.

THIS MOVIE IS A MOST SEE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH

Seeing this was a great reminder of how corrupt big business is. A few large corporations control all of the food we eat an they are doing horrible things to the animals, the farmesr who work for them, and the consumer.

Not to mention denaturing the food itself and filling it with chemicals. Most of what we eat is Fake food that only resembles the real food we think we are eating!!

They are DIRECTLY Responsible for Diabetes. If you know someone with Diabetes you need to watch this.

If your friend or loved one dies because of Diabetes these people are guilty of MURDER.

They have poisoned our Food and made it to cause us to get sick. There is no oversight for these people and it is becoming illegal to speak out against them.

This Issue is HUGE. It is a conspiracy based in FACT all PROVABLE that goes up to our corrupt Government who is protecting there Murderers.

You can download the video here:
www.storage.to...

Please watch it. For your sake, your families sake, your children's sake.

When Big Business is too corrupt for legal means to stop these murderers it is time to take matters into your own hands an do something about it. This is what the USA did when they dropped the Atom Bomb to stop WWII. I am sure dropping this bomb was illegal but the ends justified the means.

I say we do what we know is right. I say we build big bombs and destroy these big companies. Terrorism? No. Patriotism.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I just watched the movie and it's shocking. Of course there is little new here that I haven't learned before.

THIS MOVIE IS A MOST SEE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH

Seeing this was a great reminder of how corrupt big business is. A few large corporations control all of the food we eat an they are doing horrible things to the animals, the farmesr who work for them, and the consumer.

Not to mention denaturing the food itself and filling it with chemicals. Most of what we eat is Fake food that only resembles the real food we think we are eating!!

They are DIRECTLY Responsible for Diabetes. If you know someone with Diabetes you need to watch this.

If your friend or loved one dies because of Diabetes these people are guilty of MURDER.

They have poisoned our Food and made it to cause us to get sick. There is no oversight for these people and it is becoming illegal to speak out against them.

This Issue is HUGE. It is a conspiracy based in FACT all PROVABLE that goes up to our corrupt Government who is protecting there Murderers.

You can download the video here:
www.storage.to...

Please watch it. For your sake, your families sake, your children's sake.

When Big Business is too corrupt for legal means to stop these murderers it is time to take matters into your own hands an do something about it. This is what the USA did when they dropped the Atom Bomb to stop WWII. I am sure dropping this bomb was illegal but the ends justified the means.

I say we do what we know is right. I say we build big bombs and destroy these big companies. Terrorism? No. Patriotism.

Exactly I love your post! I think this Food Conspiracy should be a forum on these forums to get people educated on what these companies are truly doing to our foods. Most people will continue to buy from these companies. And I want people to get educated and quit feeding there self's and loved ones these harmful chemicals. It's like letting your child play in a radioactive field because the play ground is there. I recommend EVERYONE to watch this film!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
In the latest episode of conspiracy theories with Jessie Vantura they talked about people poisoning our food, which is clearly obvious since "Food, INC" talks about that same thing and show's major proof of it.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ths is a fantastic movie. What I like about it, is that it doesn't sway you towards eating a certain way, it just seeks to give the facts as the filmmaker sees them.

I think the saddest thing is that so many people are somewhat aware of what is going on in the food industry, but continue to turn a blind eye.

I was vegan for two years, more for the resons presented in this film, and when people would ask why, my first question would be, "Do you really want to know, because I'm more than happy to tell you?" and they would get a sheepish look on their faces and laugh before telling me that they really didn't.

You cannot force someone to hear a message that they aren't willing to really hear.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Great OP!
Star and flag!
Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join